• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"A connection error has occurred" -3DS

DarkLink42nd

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1006-0337-1564
Has anyone else been having this problem. I am assuming a vast majority of ppl mostly play on Wii U, but since I can't afford the console yet, I'm making due with what I have with the 3DS.

Lately I have been getting that error message anytime I try to connect online. I hope I am not the only one with this issue. Couple of things I should put across before I get replies:

1: yes, the wireless switch is turned on.
2: no, my internet connection is standard
3: yes, I can connect online with other 3DS functions like E-shop, Pkmn even the in-game Smash store for DLC
4: yes, I do have the latest update (1.1.5 I believe atm)

Any and all suggestions/clarification would be greatly appreciated. Maybe it might be the 3DS itself that is buggy; lord knows I am due to upgrade the thing since the New 3DS was a thing. Again, thank you for your time. Later Doods.

FuzzyQuills

Smash Journeyman
Try checking if the router's at fault, one of the routers I had wouldn't do any sort of P2P for some odd reason, of which broke both MK7 and Super Smash Bros. for me. Basically, it was a Thompson SpeedTouch that had really buggy UPnP, and seemed to ignore port forwarding rules... I use a NETGEAR that my ISP gave me, and it works well most of the time.

agatts

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1134-9631-8740
that was answered in a youtube video title
Smash 3ds Connection error *FIXED*
Published on Nov 12, 2015
Ok we have a solution thanks to user [ drh0drh ] All you have to do is turn off the (data from friends) from the internet options in smash (or turn em all off for safe measure)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W9vcR391Cg

Top Bottom