• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A comprehensive analysis of Chainmaillekids Pikachu!

chainmaillekid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHAINMAILLEKID
3DS FC
1805-2525-8280
First, Since This is my First post in the Pika board, let me introduce myself a bit :p

My name Is Chain.
I do not main Pikachu, I main sheik. So Im pretty content with not being entirly awsome with pikachu. However, Pika was my main in both SB64 and in melee.
Another thing thats pretty interesting, I Discovered QAC all by myself :) ( Im so proud of myself)
And Ive taken to QAC like a duck takes to water, Im Easily the best QAC user on NS2, from which i originate, Most of the names I mention are users at NS2.

Here are Some Videos Of my Pikachu, Please watch them and Rate. And Give tips.

Please note these videos are not the best videos in the world. I unfortunatly dont have any replays of me playing really good. However These videos do show my Playing style in different scenerios, and they reveal any bad habbits I might not realize I have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLzblHwyhk0
My Vs a wild PKtimmy. I originally saved the replay for the ending, but its makes a rather good demonstration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLrEpGQUpZI
Vs a lv9 Sonic. Not much to say, Compys are harder to directly approach and much harder to fight in very close combat. I did my best not to vary my playing style to take advantage of the computer. ( AKA AI Abuse )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpTD8sviy_w
Vs lv9 Bowser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab0ZhsUUg5k
Final destination, Aginst Ewics Falco.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVCcwBtdqCk
And here's One at Lylat Cruise, To show how I fight with platforms.
This one is a Pikachu Ditto aginst starnite7, Please note I am the pale pikachu, the one that suicides twice.

Sooo... Yeah... Gimme Tips! NEED TIPS!
Dont forget to rate, I would also like to get an idea of how I compare with people here.

AND, If anybody would like to do Pikachu dittos, paticularly anybody who believes themselves to be better with him then myself, Just post your FC or something :)

Brawl FC: 3652 0190 7608

Any tips to help improve this thread would also be apreciated.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Youve got a pretty decent pikachu. i REALLY like your thunder usage. similar to mine, both offensive and defensivly used. however, some things to note-yes you can QAC efficiently, but as far as i can tell, you only- QAC -> Dair, and QAC -> thunder. learn to jump out of it to do some more stuff. watch some vids of anther to see the TRUE master of QAC. you also used skullbash. big fat x on your record. never skull bash. the falco punished it like most people should. you should also work on using tilts more. i am always open for battles. :) my FC is 0860-2948-1530. pm or post me and we can fight.

chainmaillekid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHAINMAILLEKID
3DS FC
1805-2525-8280
Youve got a pretty decent pikachu. i REALLY like your thunder usage. similar to mine, both offensive and defensivly used. however, some things to note-yes you can QAC efficiently, but as far as i can tell, you only- QAC -> Dair, and QAC -> thunder. learn to jump out of it to do some more stuff. watch some vids of anther to see the TRUE master of QAC. you also used skullbash. big fat x on your record. never skull bash. the falco punished it like most people should. you should also work on using tilts more. i am always open for battles. :) my FC is 0860-2948-1530. pm or post me and we can fight.
Perfect, Exactly what I want to hear :p

Even though Im Decent at QAC, and Im really proud that I didnt learn it from somebody else, I never really took the time to develop it past the basics, And I do realize that.

The things I have been working on recently are:
More Varied use of the QAC
Getting used to Using Tilts
Learning How To GRAB!

So It sounds like Im on the right track.
Im Definitly a lot better with QAC now than in thoes videos, Tilts Ive improved on, and Grabbing im still struggling with. I supposed I should consider learning to spot dodge as well.

Ill send you a PM when Im up for a fight!

neji32

Smash Lord
I watched the first and your decent. Your QACing isnt amazing. You just QAC to thunder. The ness wasnt good and there were items so I didnt get much from that, I dont care for matchs against computers and the falco was terrible.
So overall I cant give advise until you fight some better people

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Yes the grab was one thing i forgot, as it is very essential to pikas game, in that they can set up combos very nicely (unless the opponent knows how to get out of them). and yeah whenever you see me online just pm me and we can battle.

chainmaillekid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHAINMAILLEKID
3DS FC
1805-2525-8280
I watched the first and your decent. Your QACing isnt amazing. You just QAC to thunder. The ness wasnt good and there were items so I didnt get much from that, I dont care for matchs against computers and the falco was terrible.
So overall I cant give advise until you fight some better people
You must realize that These were all friendly matches, PK timmy Isnt very good.
And The Guy who plays Falco Would slaughter me if he used any of his mains, and I fight him very frequently.

As for matches aginst computers... Computers are given a much worse REP then they deserve. While they can be rediculously easy if one takes advantage of their more obvious shortcoming and simple mindedness, If you dont they do make formitable oponents.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
true they are harder then melee cpus, but they dont DI correctly, allowing you to cg squirtle! no human squirtle will allow that. they are still repetitive and easy to predict. basically, cpus just teach you bad habits, and such stuff may not work on humans.

chainmaillekid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHAINMAILLEKID
3DS FC
1805-2525-8280
true they are harder then melee cpus, but they dont DI correctly, allowing you to cg squirtle! no human squirtle will allow that. they are still repetitive and easy to predict. basically, cpus just teach you bad habits, and such stuff may not work on humans.
Everyone says they teach you bad habbits, and it makes sense... But on melee I played almost exclusivly aginst CPUs, And my friends knew from experience my sheik was nothing to laugh at.

I guess... Mabey its just me. Ive been playing back and forth between computers and people for so long perhaps Ive learned how to advoid picking up bad habbits from it.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
but the thing is-hoe high were you on the overall melee level? and how good were your friends relativley? i also practiced on cpus forever cause i had no friends. then i went to a game club and dominated everyone who was there. till this one kid i knkow who goes by duck (not on smashboards) came over and whooped me so hard. and even he would have been 20 stocked by the true pros back then. it only gets yo uso far.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
well thinking you can cg nearly EVERY CHAR IN THE GAME (which cpus let yo do), trying to do stuff that leaves you completely open to any human, but works on CPUS. i mean if you have nothing cpus are better then nothing, but humans are far better. sometimes even a person who is bad is better then a lvl 9 cpu (though dont hold me too it there are many many people who look worse then a lvl 1 CPU)

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
im a lvl 10 cpu step it up thats basically what he trying to say watch anthers vids n then you will get an good idea on how you want your pikachu to look like

chainmaillekid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHAINMAILLEKID
3DS FC
1805-2525-8280
well thinking you can cg nearly EVERY CHAR IN THE GAME (which cpus let yo do), trying to do stuff that leaves you completely open to any human, but works on CPUS. i mean if you have nothing cpus are better then nothing, but humans are far better. sometimes even a person who is bad is better then a lvl 9 cpu (though dont hold me too it there are many many people who look worse then a lvl 1 CPU)
There are plenty, PLENTY of things that are universal no matter who is playing.

Common mistakes people have, Im sure you've noticed Is they lower their sheild to quickly, or walk into an attack they think has finished. This is VERY common with both Pikachus Thunder and Dsmash. Its also why people seem to have trouble with characters like wolf.

And for characters like marth, you can familiarize yourself with EXACTLY how far that sword reaches, and how much lag there is after every one of your oponents attacks.

Also, When fighting computers I find myself Not analizing what the computer is doing, But trying to remember what Human oponents have done.

For Instance, When Fighting a CPU samus, I find myself looking back to my fights with ewic ( The guy who was falco in one of the videos, He mains samus ) And Trying to think what HE would be doing. I may hit the CPU samus, But then I realize "No, that wont work, Ewic would just use DAIR in that situation, and it probably wouldnt work"

In fighting the computer, I discover stuff I would have never found out by fighting ewic. For instance, Ive learned that Pikachus Uair can trump Samus Dair it timed right, Something I would have been able to experement with aginst ewic.

Also, as a side effect, I find I catch on to ewics patterns a lot easier after trying to recall them in a fight aginst a CPU.

Im Convinced that Fighting aginst a CPUs has Far more bennifits then people seem to think.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
the only thing is to not ONLY fight cpus, else you start to fight LIKE one, otherwise I would agree, they are handy to a point. but the lack of what they can do that a human player can is the difference between a newer player and one with more experience

neji32

Smash Lord
There are plenty, PLENTY of things that are universal no matter who is playing.

Common mistakes people have, Im sure you've noticed Is they lower their sheild to quickly, or walk into an attack they think has finished. This is VERY common with both Pikachus Thunder and Dsmash. Its also why people seem to have trouble with characters like wolf.

And for characters like marth, you can familiarize yourself with EXACTLY how far that sword reaches, and how much lag there is after every one of your oponents attacks.

Also, When fighting computers I find myself Not analizing what the computer is doing, But trying to remember what Human oponents have done.

For Instance, When Fighting a CPU samus, I find myself looking back to my fights with ewic ( The guy who was falco in one of the videos, He mains samus ) And Trying to think what HE would be doing. I may hit the CPU samus, But then I realize "No, that wont work, Ewic would just use DAIR in that situation, and it probably wouldnt work"

In fighting the computer, I discover stuff I would have never found out by fighting ewic. For instance, Ive learned that Pikachus Uair can trump Samus Dair it timed right, Something I would have been able to experement with aginst ewic.

Also, as a side effect, I find I catch on to ewics patterns a lot easier after trying to recall them in a fight aginst a CPU.

Im Convinced that Fighting aginst a CPUs has Far more bennifits then people seem to think.
Well thats obvious, DAIR takes forever to happen and pikas Uair is Quick

chainmaillekid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHAINMAILLEKID
3DS FC
1805-2525-8280
Well thats obvious, DAIR takes forever to happen and pikas Uair is Quick
Samus's Dair is pretty quick, And it Has INSANE priority, its range will leave you puzzling. I mean there is no way it shoud have the range its got.

Oh, and when samus uses it she kinda pulls up a little bit, So that your Uairs tend to fall short of where you intended them to go.

Oh, and it has like NO landing lag.

Plus the fact that it trumps both sheiks Utilt and Uair. And its even near impossible to land a vanish through it. There is no way I would have guessed that Pikachus Uair would be able to work aginst it.

neji32

Smash Lord
Pikas Uair is surprisingly amazing. And samus's Dair is slow.
And it only gets height if your doing a rising one. Pika can pretty much always stop it with a quick rising Uair though.

Top Bottom