• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A competitive game issue that NEEDS to be fixed

TheGoat

Smash Ace
Okay so we banned metaknight so that every other character can be equally good in this balancedd game, one problem is SCREEN LOOKING. I've seen this not only in friendlies but in tournament matches as well. Basically this is going to destroy brawls prestigious integrity as a competitive game, and the melee players will laugh at us even more. Discuss.

Djent

Smash Champion
I mean I get it that Brawl's graphics weren't loved by everybody, but it's not fair to ask people not to watch the screen while pla-OOH PRETTY TEXTURE HACK!!

Penguin4478

Smash Cadet
what point would screen peeking do?

It definitely isn't good in FPS games but the camera in brawl adjusts to always show everyone onscreen at the same time, so screen peeking really isn't an issue in Smash Bros.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
what point would screen peeking do?

It definitely isn't good in FPS games but the camera in brawl adjusts to always show everyone onscreen at the same time, so screen peeking really isn't an issue in Smash Bros.
You obviously don't understand the sheer unfairness of screen looking in Brawl. It's impossible to do anything against a pro screen looker. You can try shooting Pit's arrow at someone hoping that it will hit them but screen looking allows the opponent to react to it before you even shoot it. I'd say it's a problem that needs to be looked into, imho.

Penguin4478

Smash Cadet
You can try shooting Pit's arrow at someone hoping that it will hit them but screen looking allows the opponent to react to it before you even shoot it. I'd say it's a problem that needs to be looked into, imho.
I honestly cannot tell whether you're being sarcastic or you're talking about system-to-system screen lag.

TheGoat

Smash Ace
You obviously don't understand the sheer unfairness of screen looking in Brawl. It's impossible to do anything against a pro screen looker. You can try shooting Pit's arrow at someone hoping that it will hit them but screen looking allows the opponent to react to it before you even shoot it. I'd say it's a problem that needs to be looked into, imho.
Agreed, it takes out the whole element of surprise and planning.

Penguin4478

Smash Cadet
Okay, so I don't play in tournaments that often at all. Would anyone mind explaining exactly how screen peeking works in Brawl then?

DKMikey

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so I don't play in tournaments that often at all. Would anyone mind explaining exactly how screen peeking works in Brawl then?
They're trolling. I would join in, but it's starting to get funny so I decided to break the chain.

Edit: Lol just looked at the date OP posted this thread.

Top Bottom