• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A combo I stumbled upon that I haven't seen anyone else perform (a potential Ryu'ish 0-to-Death).

Mini_Mac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
G_Czech
I was in training mode practicing my jab lock tech as Mac. The combo I was practicing was Dtilt -> Nair -> Footstool -> Dair
-> Usmash... However, by accident, instead of doing a Usmash to finish off the combo, I did another Dtilt instead and I noticed that the distance that my opponent flew upwards was relativley the same. After I stumbled upon this, I repeated the combo after the Dair and then I repeated it one last time. The most I pulled this off in training mode on the CPU without messing up was 3 times and I finished it with a Usmash.
Who else is aware of this combo cause I have never seen it in tournaments or FG.

Contrast_94

Smash Rookie
footstool combos are awesome but they are not guaranteed accept on heavies at strict percents and even then you have to read the DI with d-airs tiny hitbox.

Little mac does have a true 0% to death on fast fallers like Sheik and Falcon

Back of U-tilt turn around D-tilt D-tilt step forward D-tilt KO Punch

jet56

Smash Journeyman
i really do wish footstool combos were true, it could lead to crazy shenanigans like dtilt/nair/foostool/dair lock then rinse repeat. Still can be a useful combo on unsuspecting opponents.

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
dair is just too shortranged and not sexed enough to make it reliable. most importantly nair has no guaranteed followups (including footstool) until high ranges and only with a sweetspot glove hitbox.

Top Bottom