• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

Guide A Clever Trick With DE-Sychronizing

STY

Smash Rookie
NNID
Atem98
3DS FC
3540-2125-8125
STY submitted a new guide:

A Clever Trick With DE-Sychronizing - Just one of the few trick with the Luma DeSynchronizing

Desychronizing Luma:

This situation can happen in one of a few particular way but in the video I only showcased the easier one to pull of in a match. When landing with Up Special right as Rosalina touches the ground and just few frames after if you mash the input for Rapid Jab and hold the attack button you can keep Luma in the animation but Rosalina is free to...
Read more about this guide...

DisidisiD

Smash Journeyman
Ok so I haven't watched the video yet but I found one thing that's not completely accurate. Luma does not always start jabbing in the direction rosa was facing. Luma starts jabs in the direction of the last attack. So if you did an Ftilt left, have rosa face right and up b, and don't do any attacks until you do the spin jab desync (the spinning luma you're talking about), luma will start jabbing to the left. However, depending on how fast you get luma to the spinning state, the direction that luma faces when spinning can change. If you get luma to the spinning state before rosa can act, luma will spin facing the direction that it started jabbing in. However, if rosa is able to get a jab out before luma gets to the spin state, then the direction luma faces is based on the direction rosa is facing. Just one small inaccuracy in what you wrote.

Now, onto what the guide is about. Am I correct saying that the combo is luma jab spin-> finisher-> jump/double jump uair? If so, that is a very good combo do securing the kill off of a spin jab.

Last edited:

Royug

Smash Cadet
I don't understand how to grab after initiating the spinning. When I try to do it, Rosalina only shields because I'm holding the attack button.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I believe you can also press the Shield button while dashing and holding A to make Luma spin, to perform a dash grab. I could be mistaken though.

Last edited:

DisidisiD

Smash Journeyman
I believe you can also press the Shield button while dashing and holding A to make Luma spin, to perform a dash grab. I could be mistaken though.
That's correct. That is also the main problem I have with luma spin jabbing. You lose the ability to dash into shield. But I like how spin jab is like a shield itself lol. But yeah, to do a standing grab, you have to let go of a for a sec then press grab or Shield and A.

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
Interesting idea... Would like to see it in a live match. (though obviously practicing stuff like this on a stationary target is the right 1st step)

STY

Smash Rookie
NNID
Atem98
3DS FC
3540-2125-8125
I've applied this in a match most recent but this it was a unexpected start from being grabbed release when I got rapid jab.

Top Bottom