• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Classic A Classic Mode Nitpick

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Okay, so in Classic Mode, the better you do in a battle, the higher your intensity raises. I like that idea, slowly getting harder and harder the better you do in Classic Mode and then boasting greatly if you do good at the final round.

But herein lies what I hate about it: the execution of “doing good” isn’t finishing it quickly and taking as little damage as possible. That’s it. Taking your time and thinking strategically about how to go about a tough battle? Lol, who cares, you took 2 minutes and took 120% damage, so K E K

Now if this execution is meant for casual players, then that’s perfectly understandable, Sakurai. But it’s an execution that gives basically zero thought to players who prefer to be cautious and strategic, and it nearly ruins the concept as far as I’m concerned.

What’s everyone else’s opinion on this?

Top Bottom