• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A camping Snake.

Edoksil

Smash Rookie
At one of the tournaments I play in every week there is a player who plays as Snake and camps like nothing I've ever seen before. So many people have problems with him and my friend (a Marth) has a lot of trouble with him because he will sit at one side of the stage and nade, nade, nikita. Most of the time by dodging one explosive you hit another. Well the other day I played him for the first time and on a flat stage I ruined his day. My problem is that on a flat stage I can destroy him because there are no platforms for my nannerz to get caught on (the snake has no idea how to handle bananas), but on a stage such as battlefield I'm having trouble. During that split second that I jump for my nanner on the platform I'm hit with some sort of explosive. Does anyone have any advice against a camping snake or maybe for a camper in general?

Tofu Beast

Smash Ace
just banana him up and try to spike him. Its pretty easy to spike snake.

Also, watch out for his tilts the best you cant. They're about the most broken thing in history.

I'm also having a problem with a Snake. He doesn't camp much, but he know all of Snake's ATs to make him even more broken..... <___<

Edoksil

Smash Rookie
Yes, his tilts hurt. I wanted to spike him but I could have sworn that snake was invincible during his entire heli recovery. Of course I learned that I was wrong after the tournament. Hopefully the next time I'm up there I'll be able to pull some off and end it quickly.

-Dixi_

Smash Cadet
In most tournaments each player can choose to ban one level before the match starts. Ban Battlefield.

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
Yes, his tilts hurt. I wanted to spike him but I could have sworn that snake was invincible during his entire heli recovery. Of course I learned that I was wrong after the tournament. Hopefully the next time I'm up there I'll be able to pull some off and end it quickly.
He's not invincible. He has some strange super armor that blocks weaker attacks, but doesn't block stronger ones. A spike will knock him off his cypher every time if it connects with him.

Top Bottom