• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Bowser question...

RagingFury

Smash Rookie
Hey everbody! As you can tell, I'm a noob here. Hopefully I'll fit in. :)

Anyhow, is it possible to use Bowser's Flying Slam (B>) after a shield hit, instead of just grabbing? I don't have Brawl yet, so maybe someone should test this? Or has it already been done? If you can answer, thanks! :)

RagingFury

Smash Rookie
When Brawl comes out here, I gotta try it! :p It sounds like a good idea. Again, if only someone could test this...:) Sounds like a good use for the Flying Slam (if its not already uber :p).

RagingFury

Smash Rookie
Ya, I was KINDA thinking about having to stop sheilding. Maybe it does work, though.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Not exactly, you can technically use any attack out of a shield simply by Jump-Cancelling. Jumping cancels your shield, which is why B-up and Usmash work out of a shield so easily. So, if you're fast enough, you could JC your shield into B>.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Not exactly, you can technically use any attack out of a shield simply by Jump-Cancelling. Jumping cancels your shield, which is why B-up and Usmash work out of a shield so easily. So, if you're fast enough, you could JC your shield into B>.
I don't think anyone could be that fast consistently enough for it to be valid, I swear you don't jump cancel for the UpB, yes for the Usmash but I coulda sworn that UpB out of shield was just programmed in, not so you have to JC is first, may be wrong though.

Top Bottom