• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

a bit of help

Byped

Smash Cadet

I've gotten used to fast fallers, what strategy works on a char. like samus....

here is a vid of me vs. a samus (ji22)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7QKVgv9S4w

critique my marth?

(don't watch the vid between me and the fox, that was a while ago....)

(more vids to come... maybe...)

balladechina212

Smash Ace
My Marth is the opposite. Against characters like Peach and Samus, I tend to dominate due to their floatiness. All you need to do is f-throw and follow it up with a wavef-smash (if they DI away) or double fair (if they don't DI or DI towards you).

MASSIVE LOAF

Smash Rookie
Here's a few pointers for you:

First, don't dash attack as much as you do. It's not that great of an attack and has a lot of lag on it. A better approach would be to double f-air them. Just don't make that your only approach though.

Second, use more aerials and space them appropriately. Marth's aerials are very crucial to his game. They are powerful, can be used in combos, and have very little lag especially when l canceled. SHFFLing aerials is just a major part of playing Marth. Spacing these aerials is also very important. You almost always want to hit your opponent with the tip of Marths sword.

Your Marth isn't too bad and with some practice you could be a really great player.

balladechina212

Smash Ace
No, you may not sometimes want to hit with Marth's sword. In fact, what separates a good Marth and a pro Marth is using aerials that are not tipped to combo. For example, tipping a fair at high percentages is useless.

Top Bottom