• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A bit of help for a bit of a noob

Psyche131

Smash Rookie
Hello, well ive been lurking around smash boards and ive finally joined, so here is my quesion. Im no pro or awfully good, but i really love ssbb, and i play casually with my friends, i have been to a few tournaments, but ive never done that great. So my question is, should i main the character i can win with? or the character i really think is cool, but im not very good or i dont understand them to well. What i mean is, i cant choose between diddy, who i can beat all my friends most of the time with, and i have fun qinning, hes just a little dull compared to some of the flashy characters, i love him though. The other character is pokemon trainer, i think hes the coolest thing in the world and i love his idea, but i have tried for so long and really hard, but im not very good with him.
So, do i choose love (pokemon trainer)? Or power (diddy)?

Naybewon

Smash Ace
Well I think you will naturally go to Diddy, because of the feeling winning tends to give a person.

If you're interested in getting competitive, then I suggest Diddy. However, if you're just playing the game for fun alone (nothing wrong with that), choose whatever character you want.

But any competitive-minded person here is either going to say:

a.) use Diddy because you already have potential with him
or
b.) use the character you like the most (in this case Pokemon Trainer) because you can get good with anybody if you put your mind to it.

Those are the only responses you'll be getting from this post, I'd imagine :)

Lucario2k8

Smash Cadet
somewhere far away think its called hyrule
you dont have to main someone but if you had to pick....emm pokemon for casual and diddy when tournaments or playing for muniiz,but practise a lot with both.also make sure you dont restrict yourself, dont be afraid to experiment with others.

Psyche131

Smash Rookie
Thanks, the comments all make sense, i think im going to stick with diddy but im going to practice with PT, see if can improve, thanks again!

Top Bottom