• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A better tutorial?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
This tutorial i found was at the Nintendo channel. It's great for Beginners.
It doesn't just show the basics, it shows the Advanced tutorials that sound easy.
If you just search Smash Bros. on the Nintendo channel, you'll see what i mean.

Not only i found the tutorial, i found a video on how to stop brawl wi-fi problems.
This video solves 0.5 second character attacks....at least i think....the video is shown here.

I'll see if i can find more things to make brawl better.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I just checked the validity of TokyoGamer7's claim, and I have to say that everything's legit.

So the lag problem on wi-fi could potentially be remedied nigh completely. Also, the tutorials on the Nintendo Channel's spot-on too. Although, the tutorials were things top players already know, it will be a great start for beginners and casual gamers. I know what I'm gonna do when I get my own internet, that's for sure.

It is my opinion that this thread ought to be stickied, but that's just me. Regardless, this info really helped me out in terms of the wi-fi issue, that's for sure.

I don't know if a thread/post like this already exist, or if smashers already knew about all of this. As far as I'm concerned, it's new to me, so yeah. XD

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
ah, well all i did was this:

Great brawl tutorial for beginners: Located on nintendo channel.
Brawl online fix: Search brawl online fix on youtube.

I love finding stuff that helps alot of people and others.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
The way I see it, if you polish off the presentation and work a bit on the way it looks overall (wording-wise), and maybe provide links to the Youtube videos in order (not sure about the rules on that yet), I'm sure this thread would be worth keeping around, if at least for the wi-fi fix tutorials.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Are you talking about the hilarious one by Sirlin that shows so many false information, that it's a wonder how Nintendo themselves actually put it up?

"Backrolls have frame 1 invincibility" lul.

If you really want to start being good at the game, the only real way is to find some local tournaments to start attending. Lurking the character boards, watching youtube videos, and joining in on their respective "chats" really doesn't hurt, either.

Believe it or not, most people actually play Smash mainly for the community you get to be a part of. Once you get well known or make all the friends you want around the country, a lot of people generally quit, but still keep in touch with everyone.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Yeah, but you have to admit that it's a nice thing to have for beginners, at least.

The thing that really impressed me though, was the video on how to reduce lag. I dunno about anyone else, but info like that is new to me, and I'm gonna give it a go the moment I get my own wi-fi.

Criticize all you want, but you have to give the guy credit for trying to be helpful.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787

well at least i know that DI thing. sometimes saves me from going off stage.
I on so many times. but some things online isn't worth fighting in basic brawl.
They just wait and play around with taunts. then on sudden death, they just stay there while bombs on raining down. "pathetic" i said. I tried fighting and they just teamed up on me. IN BASIC BRAWL. They're casual gamers right? Why i'd give them a piece of my mind. >:O

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
It just took me until now to have noticed the quote, "Backrolls have frame 1 invincibility"! :laugh:

I didn't see all of the videos, so I must've missed that one. If that's the case, then that's pretty tragic of Nintendo posting such an oversight in false info. Still, it's not the worst in the world. XD

EDIT:@TokyoGamer7: Yeah, I always mess around in Basic Brawls, because 90% of the time, you're gonna come across those who are only there for ha-ha's... myself included. You're better off playing with wi-fi Friends, especially since Basic Brawls often have lag spikes.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Interesting, I just downloaded that Nintendo channel too. I'll be sure to check it out next time I power on my Wii. Thanks for the info :)

edit: On second thought, it seems people don't like it. :/. I am pretty much a beginner at Brawl, so would this benefit me to view?

Arcade

Smash Ace
I watched it out of curiosity waaay back, but I don't remember much. He at least goes over RARing, move decay, and DI...

How much misinformation is there?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Interesting, I just downloaded that Nintendo channel too. I'll be sure to check it out next time I power on my Wii. Thanks for the info :)

edit: On second thought, it seems people don't like it. :/. I am pretty much a beginner at Brawl, so would this benefit me to view?
I watched it out of curiosity waaay back, but I don't remember much. He at least goes over RARing, move decay, and DI...

How much misinformation is there?
It's not bad. The videos are good for beginners as a base for how to go about playing the game. Smashers who are already adept and play at a tourney level should just pass.

Also, what impressed me was the Youtube videos with tutorials that help remedy the wi-fi lag problem: That's what I'm after, and the moment I get my own internet, that's the first thing I'm gonna do!

Top Bottom