• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Belated Introduction

fe_wander

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I've been on these forums for a couple weeks now and realized I never actually introduced myself, so I figured I probably should!

I got into Smash in...around 2000? with the original game on N64. My brother and I played it all the time together, and eventually we moved on to Melee and Brawl. I'll be entering my first semester of college this fall so I figure Smash 4 will be a great party game with my friends on campus!

I'm more of a casual Smash player. I don't particularly use any advanced techniques, combos, etc. My go-to strategy in Melee was to spam C-stick with Falco, so...yeah, I'm not very good.:laugh:

As for personal details, like I mentioned I'm about to be a freshman in college. Games-wise, my favorite series is Fire Emblem, and my most-wanted character (Lucina) got into Smash 4, so that was awesome. I'm a huge sports-nut, as I'll watch anything basketball, football, and tennis-related. I also played tennis competitively in high school and was pretty good, although not quite Division I college level.

Anyways, that's about it for me. Thanks for reading and I look forward to (continuing) to debate and talk with everyone!

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Yusss, more Fire Emblem fandom! And yeah, college is perfect for games like Smash. During my Freshman year, I started up a tournament and had over 40 people swing by to play. Definitely makes for some good times, so hope you have fun :)

You're still relatively new (hasn't been a week just yet ;)), so you still deserve a warm welcome to the forums although you've clearly been posting a bit already. Chuck Norris agrees.

P.S. - Do you have a favorite FE game? Mine is PoR.

fe_wander

Smash Cadet
Nielicus said:
Hey nice to meet you! I'm fairly new as well lol
Nice to meet you as well, fellow newbie! :)

Hokori said:
Yusss, more Fire Emblem fandom! And yeah, college is perfect for games like Smash. During my Freshman year, I started up a tournament and had over 40 people swing by to play. Definitely makes for some good times, so hope you have fun :)

You're still relatively new (hasn't been a week just yet ;)), so you still deserve a warm welcome to the forums although you've clearly been posting a bit already. Chuck Norris agrees.
P.S. - Do you have a favorite FE game? Mine is PoR.
Ah, a fellow FE fan? Awesome! And yeah, I figured as much. May not have a whole ton of time for games my first year (15 hours a semester sounds painful when going for a 4.0) but when I do, I imagine I'll want to get some friends involved.
Chuck Norris's word is law, so this pleases me.

And PoR?! Good choice! It's my favorite 90% of the time as well. It was my first FE, so it's what got me into the series. Got lots of fond memories of it.
I'd probably go FE9 > FE10 = FE7 > FE13 >>> FE8 >>>>>>> FE11. FE11 is the only one I didn't really enjoy, haha.
Still need to play the Japan-only games, though; trying to decide between playing FE4, FE5, FE6, or FE12 first.

Finally, I've seen you post and welcome new people a lot, so from all of us, thank you :) You make the Smashboards a better place!

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Nice to meet you as well, fellow newbie! :)

Ah, a fellow FE fan? Awesome! And yeah, I figured as much. May not have a whole ton of time for games my first year (15 hours a semester sounds painful when going for a 4.0) but when I do, I imagine I'll want to get some friends involved.
Chuck Norris's word is law, so this pleases me.

And PoR?! Good choice! It's my favorite 90% of the time as well. It was my first FE, so it's what got me into the series. Got lots of fond memories of it.
I'd probably go FE9 > FE10 = FE7 > FE13 >>> FE8 >>>>>>> FE11. FE11 is the only one I didn't really enjoy, haha.
Still need to play the Japan-only games, though; trying to decide between playing FE4, FE5, FE6, or FE12 first.

Finally, I've seen you post and welcome new people a lot, so from all of us, thank you :) You make the Smashboards a better place!
Ah, it's nice to set goals, so good luck with that! Keeping a 15 hour semester balance is fine, the one thing I'd never recommend for anyone to do is try to load 18 credit hours...from experience, although I made it through that semester okay, it's just not worth all the long nights and stress.

And that's a pretty solid FE list you have there. From my observations around here, PoR is a fan favorite. Pretty much everything is right with that game and I genuinely love it. As for Shadow Dragon...*sigh* yeah, I don't even want to go there.

As for your last comment, you have my gratitude :)

Top Bottom