• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

A Beginners Guide to King Dedede

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Ridel submitted a new guide:

A Beginners Guide to King Dedede - To help newer players lean the fundamentals of Dedede

Overview

Dedede in PM is a very……….odd character to play as. When Dedede made the switch from Brawl to PM he seemed to have sacrificed some of his defensive ability’s for offensive ones as he seems to rely more on trying to get in and rack up damage than sitting back and waiting to strike. He has more mobility as well with some of his moves giving him tremendous forward or backwards momentum; he also had a slight increase in air speed improving this further. Dedede is still...
Read more about this guide...

Lord Jasus

Smash Rookie
I made a review as well but ill keep this here.
Very well written guide, Everything makes perfect sense and i feel as though you really got the best attributes of Dedede to show. If its a beginner guide, maybe write about How to function in neutral, Follow ups after a throw, or even Basic ways to Gimp, or setup a gimp.

Last edited:

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
If its a beginner guide, maybe write about How to function in neutral, Follow ups after a throw, or even Basic ways to Gimp, or setup a gimp.
Good idea! I'll add to that soon!

Last edited:

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Videos have been added to the guide for reference purposes, and spoiler alert there all Ripple (what a shock).

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Does Dedede have any bread n butter combos?
He's got U-Throw U-Air that works on most of the cast. The last hit of D-Air can combo into F-Air or B-Air. U-Tilt into any aerial. Other then that I can't really think of anything, most of his combos revolve around riding the "reading rainbow" so he doesn't have much bread and butter to work with.

Top Bottom