• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

8 Players Battles

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
What if Smash 4 supported having 8 players at once? The engine has already been set up for it (7 have always been NPC's though) since Melee and although it probably would've worked better for Brawl with GCC's and CCPs/Wiimotes, I see this possibly happening with Wii Remotes/CCP's and WiiU Pro Controllers. Thoughts?

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't this take the fun out of the game and create complete chaos? Enless maps are the size of Temple(Melee), I don't think it is feasible and even then there would be so much chaos that winning/losing would be entirely luck based.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
If it will happen, it won't be in local. Maybe a special mode online, just for fun, or a Royal Rumble mode with 4 humans and 4 CPUs.

But obviously the normal mode will be with four.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
What if Smash 4 supported having 8 players at once? The engine has already been set up for it (7 have always been NPC's though) since Melee and although it probably would've worked better for Brawl with GCC's and CCPs/Wiimotes, I see this possibly happening with Wii Remotes/CCP's and WiiU Pro Controllers. Thoughts?
NO, JUST NO. There would be too much chaos, and playing competitively will be out of the question since you will be spammed by so many attacks at once. :c ALTHOUGH, this could support bigger maps such as the Temple of Time (I think it is) map, that big purple stage from the Earthbound, or mother games. (Sorry I don't recall the names... ;-;)

Other than that, I think this is a bad idea. Chaos-wise, it would probably be fun. Like reyson said, it would be mostly luck-based.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
I don't see how this will generate extreme chaos.

Wouldn't Nintendo be smart about this (if they ever considered it) and create larger stages to accomodate the additional players? It would make sense, having the smaller stages restricted for matches that feature additional opponents.

If implemented properly, it could work very well, particularly in online-play.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
It could be done, considering how people use items some times the chaos would be just as crazy as everything turned way up.

8 players all at once would have to be with special stages built for such a large number of characters and it would be best online. The biggest problem is how much the camera would zoom out. In that case I suggest that for 5+ players there be a zoom in and out camera option for your character.

:phone:

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Phenomiracle;14963947Wouldn't Nintendo be smart about this (if they ever considered it) and create larger stages to accomodate the additional players? It would make sense said:
Yup, I actually got the idea looking at a stage hack someone did by importing a huge part of a SSE level into an actual stage.

To the people against this idea: what's wrong with 8 player battles being chaotic and luck based? It's not like anybody took 4 player battles seriously, 8 players is just an extreme version of that. Besides, Smash quadruples sounds awesome.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
Besides, Smash quadruples sounds awesome.
No, since it would be luck based and profitable for spammers.

Nothing wrong with chaos, it can be fun occasionally, but spam and luck based gameplay sounds a bit repellent to me. But if you are good at spamming, I can really see this being a fun alternative to the regular gameplay.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I think 8 characters at once would be a little to busy I know when there are 4 people on the stage at once along with items and etc it can get a little crazy especially on smaller stages with 8 people it was just be to cluttered.

jigglover

Smash Lord
It would be a great idea if it was only 4 players but each time someone dies it swaps to the other person
No, that is a terrible horrific idea. That would mean that in a stock match, there could be 6 good players, and 2 bad ones. The two bad ones self-destruct straight away as the match starts, two of the better players are already behind, say, player 6 (one of the good ones at a disadvantage) then KOs player 3 and 4, (two of the players with good players in their team) but then gets KO'd by player 5 (the other disadvantaged good player), then before player 6 can revenge kill player 5 gets rid of the terrible player 2, putting player 6 out of the competition already. Of course, player 7 or 8 then goes and KOs player 5, and then player 1 again very quickly, making player 5 be eliminated. So it would basically end up a 4-man battle, but with only two allowed on at any one time, and I don't know about you but that seems rubbish.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
if with 4 players is chaotic, Multi-Man is totally nuts with 6 (7 on Co-op) players (and that is with weak foes!), I shudder to think of 8 players at once...

anyway, it would be fun for playing in large stages, especially New Pork City with the Ultimate Chimera or Temple. but 8 players in a small stage like Final Destination or Smashville? Ouch...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I don't see it happening since I can't imagine it being very well possible without having the frame rate drop to accommodate potentially eight different characters AND items AND background elements. It's very bad for a fighting game to drop frame rates. The only exception would be when it's a cinematic attack (see Marvel).

Not only that, but I can't see it being fun. It'd just be an utter mess that will probably wear its appeal very quickly.

Top Bottom