• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

8-Player Smash Controller Setups?

Kanethedragon

Smash Rookie
So I was wondering if anyone here might have an idea on how 8PS is gonna work this time around with controllers. Ideally I’d like for it to work with just one system like with the Wii U, but with how the Switch is designed it seems it’s really dependent on the game.

According to Nintendo, technically 8 wireless controllers can be connected to a single system at once, but your mileage will vary depending on the game as I’ve done some looking around and some games like Bomberman theoretically are capable of supporting the full gamut, whilst Split-Screen like in Mario Kart is gonna be limited.

As for me personally, what I want to do is configure it with 4 pro controllers and the GC controller adapter. Hopefully this configuration will be capable in the game as it would suck if we end up getting limited due to issues that can involve congestion due to how the Switch is built.

Last edited:
Top Bottom