• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

8 New Marth Solo Practice Videos

townes

Smash Apprentice
I'm Ippo. I just started a youtube series on how to practice ssbm solo. The first 8 videos are on my main man marth. The whole purpose of my videos is to show marth mains what they can master through solo practice and all of the options that are available to them in static situations like dtilt, OOS, the ledge, L cancelling, and others. Check my vids out and let me know if there is something I can do to improve them or what you guys would want to see next. My videos aren't as polished as Kira's and I'm not nearly as good as PewPewU, but I hope that my information will make up for it.

Playlist Link
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3Z01NXawoQceMjbPnuegbh4C_ECzAKOZ

townes

Smash Apprentice
Absolutely AirFair. I remember when you first started your guide. Look at it now. It would be an honor. Like the new prof pic too. May the f[(ourth)orward-air]orce be with you. Doing some fox vids now and more Marth vids on the way I promise.

RazeriaN

Smash Cadet
This is a nice set of videos. I think that the first two Marth videos are the most important when picking up Marth. Everything is very well explained, I'll be showing these videos to my newbie friends

Edit: Do you think you can get some Falco videos up? Trying to decide which spacie to have as a secondary to cover Marths weakness

Last edited:

townes

Smash Apprentice
I'm doing some fox videos now, still wanna do some more marth ones. Sheik and Falco will be after fox.

townes

Smash Apprentice
Whatever place gets me closer to #2 on the TN PR. Baby steps, crawl walk run. I also want to play all the top 100 players who attend. That's just so helpful for improving quickly. WTFox will be great. I really hope it all happens and goes well. TN TO's have never been tested like this before.

townes

Smash Apprentice
New video on Marth's CG on Fox on FD. Spent a lot of time and thought on this one and made a new video layout. Everyone knows that spacies can be 0-death'd on FD, but I don't think M2K and others do a great job of explaining how to practice it. I break the chaingrab, utilt, and finishing moves into steps for people looking to practice it and show how to use 20XX to help make training more effective. Check it out!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8FmAs4rM7A&index=12&list=PL3Z01NXawoQceMjbPnuegbh4C_ECzAKOZ

RazeriaN

Smash Cadet
New video on Marth's CG on Fox on FD. Spent a lot of time and thought on this one and made a new video layout. Everyone knows that spacies can be 0-death'd on FD, but I don't think M2K and others do a great job of explaining how to practice it. I break the chaingrab, utilt, and finishing moves into steps for people looking to practice it and show how to use 20XX to help make training more effective. Check it out!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8FmAs4rM7A&index=12&list=PL3Z01NXawoQceMjbPnuegbh4C_ECzAKOZ
I will NEVER be able to thank you enough for all this content you're putting up.

tonic

Smash Cadet
Great vids man. The sideB video was super enlightening; how did you figure that out? Now that I think about it, I've never seen it's mechanics documented anywhere. Also, some practice tips for people working on the FD chaingrab:

-If you're on 20XX, you can go to training mode and set percents for the CPU. Combined with save states, you can repeatedly practice certain percent ranges for the chaingrab. The CPU will have random DI, just like in VS mode.
-If you want to practice the chaingrab on no DI, hold L+R+Dpad UP. The CPU will flash white; Wait 3 seconds (let the flashing stop and don't touch anything on your controller) and the CPU will do nothing. If you want to restore the CPU's normal functions, press L+R+Dpad down.

townes

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for all the support Marth homies. I'm going to KIT Mid West Championships this weekend, so hopefully I can put on a good show against Soft, Nicaboy, Abate, and others. In the meantime check out my newest video on a quick solo Marth practice routine! I think practicing using a routine like this every day once or for a longer sessions every couple of days will bring beginner marth's levels up very quickly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_0v9J54eNc&list=PL3Z01NXawoQceMjbPnuegbh4C_ECzAKOZ&index=18

Top Bottom