• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

8-Bit Inhale Noise

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Not sure if this thread is actually needed, but I'd thought I'd post it just 'cause.

Anyways, I was watching GameXplain's video over Kirby hats on the 3DS version, and I noticed Kirby using the noise he makes when inhaling, from the older games. After inhaling an opponent, he also makes the old 8-bit copy-ability noise after he copies the ability. I honestly forgot whether he made this noise in Brawl or previous Smash games, as I haven't played Kirby in Brawl for a while, so I checked a video and it turns out he doesn't. I know, this isn't really important, but I just liked how he makes the 8-bit noise, and I'd thought I'd share.

GameXplain's video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9skWDU7vcs&list=UUfAPTv1LgeEWevG8X_6PUOQ

Anyways, does anyone else like this change? Or would you prefer the non-8-bit noise?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
After Brawl's weird SFX, I'm all welcoming this inhale SFX - them coming from Kirby's Adventure has me get that same nostalgic feel of copying an ability everytime I got it. Maan, it's been years.

Adventure was my first Kirby-game after falling in love with the puffball since SSB64 and Melee.

Last edited:

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
Cool. It's all nostalgic.:shades::4kirby:

Last edited:

LiamMail

Smash Journeyman
NNID