• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

64 Controller adapter?

UnholyWeapon

Smash Apprentice
I bought one about 2 years ago and it didnt work and I was mad when I got it. Before I new about smash online just bought it because i wanted it for my emulator. I was wondering if any you have a suggestion on where and which one I should buy. I'm a little skeptical because I don't want to just throw away another 10 bucks for a none working converter. Any help would be highly appreciated i really want to play with my N64 controller.

walsh

Smash Cadet
I know this isn't a solution to what you are asking, but I recommend trying out a 360 controller if you have one. I find the joystick on the 360 controller a lot sturdier and easier to work with than the N64 controller. If you don't have one they run you about 30 bucks.

I only say this because I get really into the game when I play smash and over the course of the years I have been playing my n64 joysticks have all slowly broken.

Then again, that might have happened over the many occasions me and three other drunk people played Mario Party 1 together. Tug O' War anyone?

firo

Smash Ace
Get the dual mayflash adapter with 2 ports. To my knowledge it has an 100% success rate with everyone who has it. Remember to calibrate it in the Windows control panel.

Imainlowtier

Smash Cadet
Get the dual mayflash adapter with 2 ports. To my knowledge it has an 100% success rate with everyone who has it. Remember to calibrate it in the Windows control panel.
I bought it too, happy with it and my friend who also plays 64 is happy with it

Top Bottom