• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

64 community Twitch

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
What if we collectively started a Twitch account that we could all use so that we wouldn't have to give people links to a ton of Twitch accounts to follow?

I think we could benefit greatly from having one convenient Twitch account. We open up the possibilities of having dedicated followers and with our Twitter integration inbound, we could see some large growth in popularity.

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
We can do that on top of what we're already doing. Having a community centralized stream for things like online tournaments and special guests could be nice. Of course there's also no harm in having other individuals doing their own thing. We'd want to have the community stream to be more professional or however we want the 64 scene to be displayed, while some people might just want to **** around when streaming.

BananaBolts

We can do that on top of what we're already doing. Having a community centralized stream for things like online tournaments and special guests could be nice. Of course there's also no harm in having other individuals doing their own thing. We'd want to have the community stream to be more professional or however we want the 64 scene to be displayed, while some people might just want to **** around when streaming.
That's what I was thinking. Just have people host the main account for our more professional/formal streams.

Sedda

Smash Champion
@ pidgezero_one pidgezero_one

do we have anyone from the 64 section still in the roster for people who write articles for swf? it'd be cool if we could get a twitch channel going and compile the twitter accounts from everyone important and write an article about it.

we can include schedules for streaming. isai (some tuesdays), boom (when he decides to get started), xanadu, LA_Smash, I think fireblaster wants to start streaming (?), killer

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
You could also have this main account host individual players's streams when they're doing smash 64 content
This is the best idea I think. I ran a youtube channel that only Canadian community leaders had credentials to, and someone still ****ed it up. I think hosting is probably a better idea than tons of people actively sharing one account.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
@ pidgezero_one pidgezero_one

do we have anyone from the 64 section still in the roster for people who write articles for swf? it'd be cool if we could get a twitch channel going and compile the twitter accounts from everyone important and write an article about it.

we can include schedules for streaming. isai (some tuesdays), boom (when he decides to get started), xanadu, LA_Smash, I think fireblaster wants to start streaming (?), killer
funny story, I already wrote an article for MIOM that lists a bunch of our twitters and twitch accounts, it's not a comprehensive list though. if accepted it'll probably go live next week

Studstill

Smash Ace
I made one for the site, 'supersmashbros64dotcom', right now we just do the tournaments on Umbra`s. @ jimmyjoe jimmyjoe I know weekends are busy, feel free to drop in anytime to play or commentate. Maybe we could do something cool, if Mondays is a regular stream, I could send the weekend champion by to get a game in or something.

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
i have an idea gentlemen

what if we make one twitch account
sort of like vgbootcamp
where we stream tournaments like

studstill tournies
reddit tournies
sax
future major tournies

and then we could have a single youtube channel hosting all of the videos from the streams
agree?

and how about an actual overlay like la_smash instead of the disgusting white bold text under stocks to indicate players

Last edited:

M4TT

Smash Cadet
Great idea, I wish there was a consistent 64 stream showing tourneys and whatnot

BananaBolts

So we've reached an agreement to create an account that only a few players in the community have access to. We will use it as a central "hub" for our streaming and we can have hosts or be hosts for any major event. We should also create a Youtube channel to host content from our community. (i.e. tourneys, podcasts, etc.)

I agree with Sedda about getting someone to write a front page article once we get our stuff in order. Let's get the ball rolling, people.

I need everyone here to brainstorm and continue to throw out important ideas to fill any gaps in our plan. Also contact anyone that you think could help us out or wants to be involved. :)

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
This could be amazing, an unified twitch will GREATLY increase awareness of the SSB 64 community. Here in the chilean community we are planning to stream our sunday tourneys .

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I'll continue to stream on Mondays with Firo and any other tristaters who want to drop by. Def down to help out with this
Weekdays plz or Friday at least. Monday is the one day where I have absolutely no chances of making it.

Shears

Smash Master
So do we have a community channel we will use? Is someone going to create one? Should we use Studstills supersmashbros64dotcom channel (name of channel is a little long)? Are we just going to @ Annex Annex Isai's SSB64 channel and hijack it for our own use?

BananaBolts

It would be very convenient to have SSB64 as the channel name for search purposes. Maybe we could get Isai to give us access to the channel and let select people have the password to it?

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
It would be very convenient to have SSB64 as the channel name for search purposes. Maybe we could get Isai to give us access to the channel and let select people have the password to it?
Yea. Me. Only me. I run the stream.

Top Bottom