• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6 player mode??

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking that would having 6 players in a match turn out good.... Or bad. On small maps of course it would be terrible, but if they made certain maps for 6 players, that could be fun. 3v3 team mode would be the best.

I mean I know it probably won't happen buts it's
something I feel could make it better cause the amount of players you have a game is all by your choice, so there really isn't a drawback

mr.boombastic

Smash Rookie
hmm never thought about 6 player smash. i always thought 4 players was good enough. i mean it could be fun defiantly more hectic with a 6 player ffa. i would also see this not working so well online and causing some lag.

i wouldn't mind if it was ever implemented but i don't see this ever happening.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
Why stop at six?

We have online. Let's see some 16 player battle royales.

A guy can dream...

nessokman

Smash Lord
No, they wouldn't do something like that. Any mode such as that would have to be available on both versions of the game. This would be a problem because of the lag and framerate issues on the 3DS. Having 6 characters all moving independently on the screen at once would be like having ice climbers. (Characters with 2 fighters)We already know having multiple bodies moving on the screen at once causes problems, and they wouldn't put something so big on just the Wii U version.

Last edited:

Sonicthesneak

Smash Ace
Funny. The mechanics are there from Brawl (the Multi-man Melee's and those fights) but it would only be possible online with other people.

Though... I don't see the 3DS handling this too well. So while it's possible within the engine... it's not possible probably by the systems and I don't think that the developers see it as something worth adding.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
I saw People in miiverse thinking that theres gonna be an 5-Player-Mode because of the Megaman Trailer.
(The Scene where Megaman attacks Mario, DK, Kirby & Link)

I dont really want a 5 or 6-Player. 4-Player is more than enough. Even in Smash Bros Crusade, i thought it wasnt a good idea.
Why fix something that was never broken?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'd love to see an 8 player mode, just for the buzz and hilarity.

16 would be pushing it, they would only really work on large stages like Hyrule Castle. Plus good luck trying to make any sense out of 16 characters launching moves all over the stage.

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
The idea isn't that unrealistic from the gameplay viewpoint, but it would require stage grouping ("this level is for 3-6 players") enforced by the game in default online modes.

Sakurai already claimed it won't happen though, I think. That said, why couldn't that technically be Wii U exclusive feature? A lot of games do something similar.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Perhaps for the Wii U, but the 3DS may have trouble with 6 Ice Climbers hopping around the stage at once

Ryan.

Smash Lord
This would be cool on especially large stages. Never thought about a 3 vs 3 match, or maybe 2 vs 2 vs 2.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I think 3DS MIGHT be able to do such a think. After all, Melee could handle 24 Ice Climbers at once:

But sadly I have my beliefs that 6 player (Brawl actually got to 7 players) will stay single player mode only.

If you really want such a thing, the latest demo of Super Smash Bros. Crusade does has 6 player support.

Last edited:

CoryCory

Smash Rookie
I think it'd work online only but if that's the case, make it eight! Given smaller stages would be cluttered and chaotic in stages like Battlefield but it'd be fun in a car crash sense.

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
6-Players is possible, as future Wii U games might/will support 2 Gamepads. Trust me I'm an Indie Wii U Developer.
I was thinking because of the 3DS, 6 Ice Climbers seemed like a lot to handle. Although what Waluigi Bros. posted, it would be interesting to see.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I saw People in miiverse thinking that theres gonna be an 5-Player-Mode because of the Megaman Trailer.
(The Scene where Megaman attacks Mario, DK, Kirby & Link)

I dont really want a 5 or 6-Player. 4-Player is more than enough. Even in Smash Bros Crusade, i thought it wasnt a good idea.
Why fix something that was never broken?
There's 7 in the Rosalina&Luma trailer (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, DK, Kirby, Rosalina&Luma).

Top Bottom