• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

5th Gen RMT - "Moozle is Terrible"

Moozle

Smash Champion
Since Gen5 was released I have made a lot of teams, but this one is my favorite and has seen the most success. I still feel like there are some things I could do to make it better, so I'd love some suggestions and criticism.

Metagross @ Lum Berry
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch
Although we now have the ability to see our opponent's team and pick our lead before the game starts, I still love using Metagross in the lead position. Swampert, Nattorei, and Hippowdon are just about the only other leads that stop him from doing what he needs to do. Lum berry means I beat all status leads (lol Darkrai), most notably Machamp. Politoed and Ninetales are threatening, but I can just switch in to Blissey to take care of them. He also has good survivability, so I can come back in later to help deal with things like Breloom and Cloyster.

Porygon2 @ Evolution Stone
Trait: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Toxic
Porygon2 is stupid good with Evolution Stone. This thing is amazing at taking out dragons (who are everywhere), and trace is one of the best abilities there is. Not much to say about P2 other than that he holds my whole team together very well.

Roobushin (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback
Roobushin is pretty awesome. Doryuuzu is a big problem for my team, and Roobushin does an excellent job of taking care of him. I tried Zuruzukin for a while, and even though the rest/bulk up set is amazing, Roobushin seems to back up my team better with his stronger attacks. Guts is awesome and lets me **** pringles. Roobushin is also how I deal with Nattorei.

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Trait: Analyze
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flash Cannon
Although I've been very tempted to run the steel-killer set at times, this set has proved to be awesomely useful. Switch in on one of his huge amounts of resistances or for the revenge kill, substitute, and nail whatever they switch in for a big chunk of their health (Analyze is awesome). Flash cannon is there solely for Tyranitar, and because Magnet Rise wasn't helping me at all. I'm thinking about putting reflect/light screen in the last position.

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt
- Waterfall
- Bounce
I love Gyarados. I've tried replacing it with Dragonite and Onono, but Gyarados just seems to be the best. It has good synergy with my team, and deals some awesome damage with great coverage after a DD. Also good for dealing with the huge amount of Blaziken that i've been seeing lately. I'd be willing to try something else, though.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
Blissey is stupid, but really important on my team. She helps me deal with all of the special dragons that are floating around, and takes care of most bulky waters with toxic. Wish is even better this generation since it heals your other pokemon 50% of Blissey's HP when you switch, instead of just 50% of their HP. It's also fun beating all of the noobs who use ubers on the ladder with Blissey :p

Thanks for reading and suggesting :)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
What do you do against Breloom?

Have you tried Discharge Pory2? Or a -Speed nature on Magnezone? Or something to take advantage of Magnezone trapping Steels? Or Shanderaa over Magnezone?

Moozle

Smash Champion
Once something absorbs the sleep, either P2, Gyarados, Roobushin, or Metagross can take care of it pretty well. I know it can be very dangerous with technician, but it really hasn't given me that many problems.

I've tried the Steel-trapper Magnezone, but the only reason I really see to use it is Skarmory (which I take care of anyway), and Nattorei, which is taken care of with Roobushin. I also don't like the idea of running HP fire for the sole purpose of hitting Nattorei, since it's not even an OHKO. I get more important kills by subbing and killing their counter; at least that's how I see it. I thought I was running a -Speed nature on Magnezone, and I already have 0 IVs in speed. I don't want to use shanderaa because that's dumb :awesome:

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yes, why would you want a pokemon immune to fighting on your team that has 3 pokemon weak to fighting and it traps everything instead of just steel types.

That's just dumb. WaveNoel you're a scrub for suggesting that. And for playing Noel.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Oh ****, Magnezone can't have both Magnet Pull and Analyze. Nevermind about that.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Maybe they should just condense those two abilities into Magnet Analysis.

Then maybe it can finally explain how the **** magnets work.

Moozle

Smash Champion
I meant it was stupid because Shanderaa is no fun and every team has one.

I like Magnezone better because im not aiming to trap, im aiming to come in on a resisted hit, sub, and kill whatever they bring in to kill Magnezone with the large boost that Analyze gives. Yeah it's not as good, but it works well and takes care of some annoying threats, and is especially good at threatening rain dance teams (which would screw me even harder if Shanderaa was on my team).

What fighting type gives me problems? Gyarados eats them all for breakfast (except for Roobushin w/ SE but i've only seen 1 of those).

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I know how magnets work thanks to this guy.

But yeah, I just realized that you were using an attacking Magnezone set instead of a trapping one. If that's the case then, well, Shandera is probably still better overall, but if it's working for your team then I guess I can't complain.

What fighting type gives me problems? Gyarados eats them all for breakfast (except for Roobushin w/ SE but i've only seen 1 of those).
Terrakion used Stone Edge
Infernape used Thunderpunch
Breloom used Seed Bomb
etc.

It's not even fighting types specifically you should be concerned about, it's common fighting moves that non-fighting pokemon often get like Superpower and Close Combat.

Top Bottom