• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

56K's Fun aerial tricks with Wario

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Yeah I plan to main Wario in Brawl ^_^ Sorry G&W lol
PsychoMidget said:
wario is g&w with skin.
anyway here's some cool stuff Wario can do in the air. One of the reasons I picked him (besides his charming personality) is the fact that he has a RIDICULOUS air game. If this stuff is old please don't flame me, I'm just trying to help out my fellow Warios. Most Wario players say this is new to them when I tell them, so hopefully I taught someone something cool =]. Stick it to the fools who say Wario sucks :chuckle:

1) It is possible to double jump after a SH dair. You have to have immaculate timing to pull this off. I don't know the specifics but it seems like it's only possible if you hit them with some of the dair hitboxes, not all of them. It's also possible if you whiff the dair or miss on purpose. So you could do SH dair double jump dair. It's pretty sweet.

EDIT: It is actually possible to do this at all times no matter how you hit them. The timing might be frame perfect =O there's such a small window to double jump if you connect with the first dair. But it's definitely possible. Who says there's no technical skill in Brawl? lol

2) It is also possible to double jump after a SH nair. This is easier to pull off than the dair one, and seems to have more applications. My most common use it to use it almost like Jiggly's WOP. SH fair, double jump fair, fair. That's my usual approach. Or replace that last fair with an nair. I suggest nair because it has less landing lag >.>

3) Short hop air dodge is a good mindgame/fakeout tactic/way to dodge moves. Or [insert aerial], double jump air dodge. Heck maybe even another aerial after the double jump air dodge =]. I often weave in and out with SH air dodges.

Also not as useful any probably common knowledge but you can full hop double nair. lol

EDIT: Edgeguards!!! Most of us know this but I have to say it because it's so awesome. Wario's excellent when it comes to edgeguards. He can gimp with the best of 'em. Especially since he's got such good air control. My favorite is nair, nair, double jump nair, nair, bike back to stage, down taunt. Too good lol. Once in a while you can score low-percentage kills with fair WOP gimps.

Togaboy

Smash Apprentice
good list of tricks. i hope the other warios can pick this stuff up. i'm trying to work on getting SH dair into the first animation of nair but i'm just being wishful i think. you can do it if you ledgehop from the side of the stage but isn't a SH--it's a double jump.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Turns out that it's always possible to second jump after a SH dair ^_^

Edited first post
have fun kids

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Wall of Pain is a technique Jigglypuff used in Melee. It involved jumping in the air, weaving in and out and doing multiple aerials. Something like that lol. Basically a wall of aerials

chainsaw2x333

Smash Cadet
i knew about jiggs wall of pain....it jus slipped my mind when it was WOP lol'

and does anybody kno the art behind the fart?

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Only thing I know right now is the timing. It takes 1:53 for a fart to fully charge. So if you're playing an 8 minute match the fart is fully charged at 6:07. Sometimes I save my fart and kill with it right at 6:07 lol. They don't expect it because they don't see my lighting up beforehand.

chainsaw2x333

Smash Cadet
oh like when he flashes a dark orange? everytime i see him like the i let one rip, but a fully charged fart done towards the top of the screen kills u

Blue sHell

Smash Journeyman
1) It is possible to double jump after a SH dair. You have to have immaculate timing to pull this off. I don't know the specifics but it seems like it's only possible if you hit them with some of the dair hitboxes, not all of them. It's also possible if you whiff the dair or miss on purpose. So you could do SH dair double jump dair. It's pretty sweet.

EDIT: It is actually possible to do this at all times no matter how you hit them. The timing might be frame perfect =O there's such a small window to double jump if you connect with the first dair. But it's definitely possible. Who says there's no technical skill in Brawl? lol

3) Short hop air dodge is a good mindgame/fakeout tactic/way to dodge moves. Or [insert aerial], double jump air dodge. Heck maybe even another aerial after the double jump air dodge =]. I often weave in and out with SH air dodges.
<3 Thank you so much for this info 56k <3

I'm at work right now, and I'm seriously trying to call out to try the SH Dair > Double jump > Anything. Omg, all these tactics are flying into my mind right now I'm going to ****ing explode. I'll have to update my guide with some of this stuff. I'll give you full credit for the first discovery.

SH Air dodge is actually THE tactic vs people who out range Wario. SH > AirDodge > rising double jump aerial comes out super fast if you dodge an oncoming attack. Even landing after the airdodge and doing anything is very viable. I just love how Wario could keep his aerial DI while in the airdodge state. It makes for INSANE mindgames. Weaving in and out/ going behind the opponent occasionally. I'm loving how his metagame is even further developing as time goes on.

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
omgggg typo I mean you can second jump after SH FAIR
Rofl thank you for clarifying that, because the nair animation doesn't finish before you land from a SH. SH dair -> double jump anything is sooo awesome, once you get the timing down it's really easy. Imputing the buttons feels really similar to jump canceling shines in melee XD. Good stuff 56k.

Top Bottom