• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

5 Ways Jigglypuff has gotten better

vCannino93

Smash Apprentice
1) her d-air does a lot more. Usually when i used it in melee, it did about 3%. in brawl, on bwaggleburgers's video 'comprehensive moveset: Jigglypuff', it did 14%. Also, the opponent was more disabled. http://youtube.com/watch?v=NdksOwQKZCQ
2) Jigglypuff is slightly bigger, allowing rest to be slightly better.
3) Her FS owns on smaller stages
4) Her rest is improved, giving the opponent the health-sucking flower thing
5) I think she wakes up a little faster than in melee, after her down special (rest).

Also I think she can do kirby-cide from melee... im not sure. In the video before, her reverse grab seems to have a larger range, allowing kirbycide, which I call puffcide. She does her reverse grab at about 1:49. Is it suicidable or not? If it is, it is reason #6

Heavenly Spoon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeavenlySpoon
1) That DK was set to stand, it didn't move, DI, or anything at all, of course it does a lot of damage.
2) Also increases the changes of getting hit, though.
3) It seems easy to avoid, but yeah, could have been worse... however, she so should have gotten Peach's FS :p
4) It doesn't KO at very low percentages anymore, though.
5) It should, because it's not longer an auto-KO

I thought her buffed Fair was the main reason she should have gotten better? Do you actually have the game, or are you just basing everything on that vid? I hate being the pessimist, but you really shouldn't get your hopes up like that.

GotACoolName

Smash Journeyman
1. More effective fair.
2. More effective dair.
3. Wakes up faster from and is able to hit more easily with Rest.
4. Each puff jump seems to have increased height, though this isn't a huge deal, considering Jigglypuff's recovery is near limitless already...
5. AWESOME NEW TAUNTS.

vCannino93

Smash Apprentice
Also I think she can do kirby-cide from melee... im not sure. In the video before, her reverse grab seems to have a larger range, allowing kirbycide, which I call puffcide. She does her reverse grab at about 1:49. Is it suicidable or not? If it is, it is reason #6
Answer plz?

orochijes

Smash Journeyman
Kirby's throws lost their ability to suicide and I don't think Sakurai would just transfer that ability to another character.

RPK

Smash Lord
Her upB has potential other then using it to do a continuous sing from the ledge? Well if all she says is Jig, then stops singing then Im down for exploring her Sing....
Also, she does wake up faster in brawl but the difference is seriously, not that noticeable ._.
Awesome new taunts? No matter how awesome they are, they cant beat Luigi's taunt....Ah, Ee, Ooo, AH!
But yeah...WoP from both sides...Sh auto cancel'd fair and dair...<3

Heavenly Spoon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeavenlySpoon
From what I heard and saw, the sleep time is the same, maybe a frame or 2 faster, Brawl is just slightly slower, making it seem faster.

The only reason Sing ever seemed useful to me other than ledge-cancel is the fact that it's a 4th taunt :p If it has higher priority in Brawl, it might actually be useful, but I doubt it.
But, yeah, if anyone would be so kind to try stuff out, I'm not going to stop you, maybe Sakurai ignored it as much as Jigg's FS and it might actually have a useful glitch :p

Tmnt1837

Smash Cadet
I would much rather have the old rest. Rest was jiggs trump card. It was a way for jigs to ko people at mid percents. Now it sends them straight up and doesn't ko till high percents. The decreased sleep time is barley any. If you use a rest on someone and they don't die they will still hit you. Also her biggest buff his that her fair has great knockback now making her wop better. Her jumps are bigger so you will have to work on the spacing a bit since it is different but now that you don't have to line up backwards to be really effective is a big plus.

Top Bottom