• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

5 likely 3rd party characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

hugemariofan

Smash Apprentice
Ryu: Sakurai does want a Capcom in
Travis Touchdown: Suda 51 the creator of No More Heroes does want him in like Hideo Kojima wanted Snake
Pac-Man: Do I need to explain why?
Ryu Hayabusa: Team Ninja did help with a Metroid game and there is an upcoming Ninja Gaiden 3 on the Wii U
Mickey Mouse (Epic Mickey version): Epic Mickey was a best selling Wii game and has two sequels, also the upcoming movie Wreck it Ralph features some Nintendo characters so I think Disney owes Nintendo

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Travis Touchdown: Suda 51 the creator of No More Heroes does want him in like Hideo Kojima wanted Snake
Ryu Hayabusa: Team Ninja did help with a Metroid game and there is an upcoming Ninja Gaiden 3 on the Wii U
Mickey Mouse (Epic Mickey version): Epic Mickey was a best selling Wii game and has two sequels, also the upcoming movie Wreck it Ralph features some Nintendo characters so I think Disney owes Nintendo
vThisv
I would disagree with all but Pac Man.

:phone:
I'd seriously hate to see the others get in due to the Brawl limit that's been discussed recently here.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I hope this is a joke thread, the only one with a moderate/decent chance is Pac-Man, like Venus said. Hell, Mickey Mouse is ineligible.

Plus where's Megaman? He has a better chance than all five of those characters. Even Layton and Slime have a better chance than most of them.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
Ryu: Sakurai does want a Capcom in Sakurai's said that a Capcom character is not out of possibility, not that he wanted one
Travis Touchdown: Suda 51 the creator of No More Heroes does want him in like Hideo Kojima wanted Snake Suda 51 isn't nowhere as close to Sakurai as Kojima is
Pac-Man: Do I need to explain why? Yes
Ryu Hayabusa: Team Ninja did help with a Metroid game and there is an upcoming Ninja Gaiden 3 on the Wii U Pretty poor reason
Mickey Mouse (Epic Mickey version): Epic Mickey was a best selling Wii game and has two sequels, also the upcoming movie Wreck it Ralph features some Nintendo characters so I think Disney owes Nintendo Another poor reason
Responses in red.
Also, are you from GameFAQs or something ?

D

Deleted member

I've seen this guy post under hugebowserfan and mariofan42 on GameFAQs and he looks to be a troll. No matter what logic you throw at him, he never listens and continues to spout the same garbage over and over again.

Report him for trolling and get him banned. He has stated Epic Mickey was possible before. If he wasn't at troll, he wouldn't be calling Epic Mickey "likely".

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Plus where's Megaman? He has a better chance than all five of those characters. Even Layton and Slime have a better chance than most of them.
With the introduction of Namco working with Sakurai in this, Pac-Man's got a bigger chance than even Mega-Man at this point.

This thread is a joke.

@SSBF The only thing Mickey's got is Nintendo using him in a game. That's it.

hugemariofan

Smash Apprentice
I hope this is a joke thread, the only one with a moderate/decent chance is Pac-Man, like Venus said. Hell, Mickey Mouse is ineligible.

I'm not one of the many Megaman supporters I don't care about him much

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I've been away from GameFAQs for too long and now I have trouble sniffing out the trolls. :embarrass::laugh:

With the introduction of Namco working with Sakurai in this, Pac-Man's got a bigger chance than even Mega-Man.

This thread is a joke.
Personally I think Megaman still has a better chance even with Namco working on Smash, but I'd rather have a serious conversation about this somewhere other than this thread, lol. I do think Pac-Man is the 2nd most likely 3rd party newcomer, though.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Same here SSBF.

I would comment further but everyone summed up my opinions nicely.

Pac man is the only likely one and that's even a gray area.

:phone:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Personally I think Megaman still has a better chance even with Namco working on Smash, but I'd rather have a serious conversation about this somewhere other than this thread, lol. I do think Pac-Man is the 2nd most likely 3rd party newcomer, though.
I don't really get into Mega-Man, much so I must find out what makes him so likely. But not here.

I smell le locking key. :smirk:

D

Deleted member

3 Capcom is much more beleivable than Mickey Mouse, to be honest.

At least it can actually happen, as insanely unlikely as it may be.
Mickey getting in has the same chance as Mario getting cut. It won't happen.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
There is no such thing as too much Capcom, they present it to you & then shove it down your throat
I disagree. If three Capcom characters take a spot, then that lowers Victini's chances to take a spot by three characters :troll:

This is if Sakurai meant it when there's only going to be as many characters as there are in Brawl.

D

Deleted member

He never said that.
Anyways, even if it did happen, it wouldn't be because of them that Victini doesn't get in if it doesn't get in.
Victini not getting has everything to do with how Sakurai views its merits, not other characters around him (well, other than competition within the Pokemon series, I mean).
Now, I'm not hating on Victini, as I'm actually a bit of a supporter now.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Personally, I would hate to see any Street Fighter character appear in Smash Bros.

Travis Touchdown, in mine opinion, would be far better off in a Soul Calibur title than a Smash Bros title. I sincerely hope he does not get added.

For some reason, the idea of Pac Man being included as a playable character just rubs me the wrong way. If a NamcoBandai character does get added, which I doubt will happen, someone from the Tales series would be a better choice, or so I believe. I think Pac Man would be better off as an Assist Trophy.

I have no clue whom Ryu Hayabusa is, so I cannot say anything about that character.

I am not even going to comment on the Mickey Mouse part.

Though I am not necessarily a fan of Mega Man, as I have not played a single one of his games, his inclusion in the next Smash Bros would not surprise me. As a previous poster in this thread stated, Sakurai himself said that a Capcom character is not out of possibility (though I do understand that does not mean he wants one). Also, I remember (sometime before Brawl was completed) Capcom publicly stating that if Nintendo asked to have Mega Man in Brawl, they would not mind adding him--but they did not ask Nintendo to do so. That being said, assuming Capcom's posture has not changed about the matter, Mega Man's appearance in SSB4 may very well be likely; all Nintendo has to do is ask.

In the end, though, where third party characters are concerned, I personally am not going to get my hopes up. As much as I would love to see Sora in SSB4, I am not expecting him to get in.

Carlo_H.Luz

Smash Apprentice
for the 3ds version:
_Pac-man
_Megaman
_Sonic
_Rayman
_Black Mage

for the Wii U version:
-Kazuya
-Ryu
-Akira Yuki
-Ezio
-Cloud Strife

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
He never said that.

Anyways, even if it did happen, it wouldn't be because of them that Victini doesn't get in if it doesn't get in.

Victini not getting has everything to do with how Sakurai views its merits, not other characters around him (well, other than competition within the Pokemon series, I mean).

Now, I'm not hating on Victini, as I'm actually a bit of a supporter now.
You misunderstood what I meant.

As we've been hearing, Sakurai said the maximum number of characters has been reached in Brawl, theoretically stating the # of characters in SSB4 will be the same # as in SSBB.

So, what I was joking about was if three capcom characters actually DID make it, they might take a spot from one of the other series, per say the Pokemon series, and lower Victini's odds due to character count for the Pokemon series.

Good thing 3 capcom characters won't happen. :awesome:

Viotini said:
ALWAYS love Victini, mister! Always!
:troll:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Megaman says hi.
I would love this but it wont happen.
Agreed
Possible but not likely. Rayman has a much better chance than Hayabusa anyway. (both are unlikely)
I stopped taking you serriously here when you suggested a character that has no chance at all. Also, the only Disney character with a chance is Wreck It Ralph and he has terrible chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom