• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

5/12 GVN 4th Philly challenge SSMBM and SC3

HuBBsDoctor

Smash Cadet
This will be GVN's 4th sponsored tournament and we are looking to continue hosting more of these tournaments over time.

The Super Smash Brothers Melee and Soul Cailbur 3 Tournament will be held May 12th, 2007 at the Virtual Rush Cyber Cafe in Media, PA. In the Granite Run Mall Parking Lot.

Registration will begin at 10am. The show will begin at 12pm noon. Money matches may be held after the Tournaments. There will be no practice seesions held during the tournaments.

Virtual Rush has 4 tv's 2 PS2's and 2 gamecubes. I will be bringing my PS2 and gamcube so we can move through the tournament quickly and smoothly. Feel fre to bring your system, tv and memory card if you wish to help out.

Venue Information:

Virtual Rush
1145 W. Baltimore Pike
Media, PA 19063
www.virtualrush.net
610-565-9300

Use mapquest to locate if traveling by car.

Directions via train and bus from Center city Philly.

Catch the train at either 30th Street station, Market East, or either Suburban Station. Take the R3 train towards Media/Elwyn. Hop off the train at Elwyn station. Walk to the bus stop and take the northbound 117 bus. The next stop is to the granite run mall. Get off at the mall and walk to the AMC theatre. Virtual Rush is located behind the AMC theatre.

*Note* Virtual Rush is behind the AMC theatre in the granite Run Mall Parking. Not in the Mall itself.

Sponsor information:
http://gamingvisionnetwork.blogspot.com

Venue fee is $7($4 for VR Hosting, $3 GVN fee)
Soul Calibur 3 Tournament entry fee is $10
SSBM Singles Tournament entry fee is $10
SSBM 2v2 Tournament entry fee is $10 ($5 per team mate)

Prize money will be divided:

1st place - 70%
2nd place - 20%
3rd place - 10%

Plus trophies for each placer. Trophy orders must be placed two weeks in advance. If enough do not sign up then trophy order will be cancelled.

Here are the rules for each game.

Super Smash Bros. Melee

-4 stock
-8 minutes
-random seeds
-double elim
-random stage select
-all glitches banned. Using them will disqualify you.
-best of 3 regular, finals best of 5
-you cannot abuse character moves to stall matches. ex. peach's
wallbomb etc. Doing this will forfeit you the match.
-no programable/macro controllers.
-offical Ninetndo controllers only
-team attack and life stealing is on.
-after time runs out, winner will be the person with the most
stock.
-If there is a tie in the stock, then the winner with the highest
% will win.
-If there is a % tie, then its a one round, 5 minute, 1 stock
sudden death. All variables to a normal match also apply
for choosing a winner.
-items are off.

Soul Calibur III

-Double Elimination
-50 second time
-Random Stages
-3/5 Rounds
-2/3 matches
-3/5 matches at Semi-Finals and Finals
-4/7 matches at Grand Finals
-Custom Characters are banned from tournament play.
-Winner keeps character.
-Loser chooses another character (If they want)
-Abyss is banned from tournament play.

I wish everyone the best of luck and hope we all have fun.

Joker

Smash Ace
You may get a better response if you also post this thread in the "Regional" tournament section.

HuBBsDoctor

Smash Cadet
just a heads up guys. I negotiated a permanent venue fee for all my tournaments at VirtualRush. From here on out and starting with this tourney the entree fee is $7 to get in.

HuBBsDoctor

Smash Cadet
Well for those who don't feel like driving 2 hours(more for those from jersey) to NEPA, I hope you come and have lots of fun.

Howl-NJ

Smash Rookie
Hey, is this still happening? My friend and I would definitely like to attend. More of our friends may come as well. We're from Atlantic City.

HuBBsDoctor

Smash Cadet
Looks like there is going to be a decent turnout for the SC3 portion. How about from the SSBM? HYPE HYPE HYPE! Only 4 more days.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Winner with highest % will win, eh? That's a bit different.

Also, if by glitches you mean l-canceling, and wavedashing then let me learn ya some stuffs

In SSB, z-canceling was used, and was on the Japanese websites for the game. They nerfed it for the new game, by reducing lag frames in half, instead of all.

As for wavedashing, it was found in the early stages of beta, but it wasn't classified as a glitch, since it's how nintendo coded the game. They called it The Super Wave Land, as they had not used it as a dash yet.

The super wavedash, though, I guess Mr. Joker will have to do without!!

Joker

Smash Ace
I never remember to unsubscribe threads :embarrass
Just so everyone knows i didnt intend on attending this, i was looking for an event a while ago, but i was just letting the guy know to post it in other places too so he may have a better chance at ppl seeing it, seeing as tho he was obviously new to the boards:)

HuBBsDoctor

Smash Cadet
Winner with highest % will win, eh? That's a bit different.

Also, if by glitches you mean l-canceling, and wavedashing then let me learn ya some stuffs

In SSB, z-canceling was used, and was on the Japanese websites for the game. They nerfed it for the new game, by reducing lag frames in half, instead of all.

As for wavedashing, it was found in the early stages of beta, but it wasn't classified as a glitch, since it's how nintendo coded the game. They called it The Super Wave Land, as they had not used it as a dash yet.

The super wavedash, though, I guess Mr. Joker will have to do without!!
I was talking more about the glitches that allowed you to make it so your opponent can't control their character and others that make the game unplayable.

HuBBsDoctor

Smash Cadet
There is a small problem, VR will not open till about 11:45-ish so I will start the whole thing at around 2pm. Registration will start when the place opens. SO sorry for the problem. VR called me to let me know 5 minutes ago.

Top Bottom