• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4th gen only team.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Hai yall~! =w= Well as the title suggest, only 4th generation pokemon. No, no don't get me wrong this isn't a gimmick~! Its for a tournament wear only 4th generation pokemon are allowed.Think only 4th gen threats. Oh its also worth noting that there are no rapid spinners in 4th gen! So im gonna try and exploit that a lil more then I usually do. Some other people in the tourney already told me they will as well. Oh, and no annoying item clause this time. =w= Sooo lets get started~!

(9)ball (Froslass) w/ choice scarf
Timid nature
252 speed, 252 hp, 4 def

Trick
Taunt
spikes
destiny bond

I was a liiil paranoid about azelf when I made this thing. Anywho, trick first to lock the opponents lead into setting up or taunting, and hopefully take there sash with it if there holding one. This frolass is bulky enough to take neutral damage hits, so it can set up atleast 1 layer of spikes, then destiny bond. I think anti-lead weavile might give it problems though. .-.

Darach (Empoleon) w/petaya berry
Modest nature
232 speed, 24 defense, 252 sp atk
Agility
substitute
surf
ice beam

Oh I feel so unoriginal using this. D: anywho, standard late game sweeper empoleon. Switch in on one of its 12 resistances set up a sub, an agility, and sweep away. Or sub up until its down to its petaya berry, and torrent takes effect. Im a lil worried about doing that though, incase the opponent has something with priorty like a lucario/infernape mach punch/vacuum wave.

Aurio (lucario) w/life orb
Adamant nature
252 speed, 252 attack, 4hp
Swords dance
Extreme speed
Close combat
Crunch

Set up and sweep. =w= Uuhhh yea, I really can't say much about it. :<

Batman (Gliscor) w/leftovers
Jolly nature
252 hp, 216 speed, 40 def
Earthquake
Stealth rock
Toxic
roost

This guy goes great with empoleon, being a safe switch for both electric and ground types. =w= Also stealthrock yey.

Doopliss (spiritomb) w/ Chesto berry
252hp, 252def, 4sp def
Wil-o-wisp
rest
calm mind
dark pulse

I know im gonna get some rotom form suggestions but I can't use em. :< Yea, I raised a rotom for this tourney, only too find out they can't be used online without action replay. .-. Anywho, this guy is here too cripple physical attackers, and possibly set up some calm minds on em too. Might have a hard time with special based lucario though.

Over easy (Togekiss) w/salac berry
252 speed, 252 sp atk, 4 hp
Aura sphere
Air slash
Nasty plot
Endure

Late game special sweeper I guess. Make sure all pesky priority users are gone, set up, endure for the salac berry and have fun flinching things to death. This set fears rotom forms though.

So remember, this is only going up against other 4th generation pokemon. Hopefully this will is a somewhat decent team. =w=

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
This time I was able to notice that this is in-game and not on shoddy BEFORE trying to write anything up.

But at the very least, you could try using Dusknoir over Spiritomb.

Also, people will PROBABLY try to use Abomasnow, Hippowdon, or something with a priority move. Endure Togekiss won't last long, if at all.

I also notice that you're using a pure 4th Gen team WITHOUT FREAKING INFERNAPE.
Fire Blast/Close Combat/Grass Knot/[Vacuum Wave/Nasty Plot] will tear through everything. EVERYTHING.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Infernape is a good suggestion, I'd replace Togekiss, since you already have a late-game sweeper, SubPetaya Empoleon.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
4th gen only sounds like a good tournament type actually. No bull**** like Blissey, Scizor, TTar, Salamence, Breloom, etc.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
4th gen only sounds like a good tournament type actually. No bull**** like Blissey, Scizor, TTar, Salamence, Breloom, etc.
My thoughts exactly. xD No overpowered dragon types, no god walls~! Only thing I don't like is that theres no rapid spinners, and quite a few gen 4 pokemon are good at setting up.

Anywho, yea I'll use infern-**** over togekiss. I think empoleon will be enough of a special sweeper anyways~! Thanks doods~! ;3 Wish me lotsa luck~! I'll need it. .-. Theres a smogon mod that recently joined our forum, and hes reaaally good. He became the electric type gym leader. I only fought him once, but his team is pure perfection. X-x

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Electivire/Jolteon/Magnezone/Rotom/Zapdos/[Raikou/Lanturn] Electric team mayhaps? :p

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Only thing I don't like is that theres no rapid spinners, and quite a few gen 4 pokemon are good at setting up.
Spinning isn't a viable strategy in OU anyway since Rotom-A and Gengar are on nearly every team.

Oh wait, wifi, nevermind.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Electivire/Jolteon/Magnezone/Rotom/Zapdos/[Raikou/Lanturn] Electric team mayhaps? :p
Ha that was the formal electric types team, almost exactly~! =p Instead of a raikou though she had a luxray. Luxrays sorta her signature poke. =w= She resigned because she was a lil to busy to be a gym leader I guess. The new gym leader ain't awesome like that. He uses 3 electric types in his whole team which is the bear minimum for a gym leader. Gym leaders are aloud to use up to 3 wild cards ONLY if the type they use lacks coverage. But this dood doesn't even need half the non-electric types on his team. I don't really like the dood. Hes a lil too competitive. =w=

Spinning isn't a viable strategy in OU anyway since Rotom-A and Gengar are on nearly every team.

Oh wait, wifi, nevermind.
They are still are dood. D: Mostly gengar. It seems like everyone has him on there team. Lucky he won't be showing up in this tourney. Rotoms forms are a lil less common because they require action replay to use on wifi, but they do appear every once in a while. Although, i've never raised a spinner, before, but just knowing you can't use one makes me want too. :<

Just curious, but do ya got something against wifi dood, or just not play on it at all? o3o

Gates

Banned via Warnings
They are still are dood. D: Mostly gengar. It seems like everyone has him on there team. Lucky he won't be showing up in this tourney. Rotoms forms are a lil less common because they require action replay to use on wifi, but they do appear every once in a while. Although, i've never raised a spinner, before, but just knowing you can't use one makes me want too. :<

Just curious, but do ya got something against wifi dood, or just not play on it at all? o3o
I only play on shoddybattle. In fact, a large majority of people here only play on shoddy. I don't have anything against wifi, it's just that the metagame is a lot harder for me to adjust to since I can't just assume that everyone can get ideal EV/IV spreads, natures, items, etc. without using hax wheras with shoddy everything is open to you. So dealing with in-game teams is very hard for me and I guess I get a little frustrated whenever I rate them.

And I don't know the wifi metagame obviously so I assumed Rotom-A was not a major factor, but if you say they're almost as common as Gengar then I guess what I said about spinning still stands.

Top Bottom