• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcement from the Legacy Team

HyperLink

Smash Rookie
Dear Legacy Community,

On June 14, 2013, we started a small Super Smash Bros. fan blog. Since then we’ve created videos, produced live streams, and developed projects Legacy XP and Legacy TE, which are played all around the world.

Today we’ve decided that Legacy XP 2.11 and Legacy TE 2.5 will be the final version of the Legacy mods. Effective immediately, both Legacy teams will be ceasing development of all associated projects.

We’re deeply grateful for being involved in the scene and we’re grateful for every player, creator, and spectator who’s joined us through this venture. Amidst these milestones and what we’ve been able to accomplish to celebrate the Super Smash Bros. series of games, we’ve built an amazing community of Smash fans and the relationships we’ve fostered have never been stronger.

Please know this decision is final, and both teams’ leadership is fully on-board.

Sincerely,

The Legacy Team

Last edited:

IFerPe01

Smash Cadet
Woooooooooooow, awesome!
I still have some questions tho:
How to select stage alts with the wiimote and nunchuk? (it goes for this and regular legacy)
And PAL?

D

Deleted member

What kind of unholy retribution is this

This is blasphemy

THIS IS MADNESS

Rpggames77

Smash Journeyman
also are you going to add classic ridley when bagan is done or his he going to replace the current ridley?

FaceOfDays

Smash Rookie
I absolutely love the version of Legacy out now, and this just looks incredible. I can't wait to play this, good luck with development!

(Waluigi and Ridley? Is this a dream come true?)

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
nice this looks amazing, how did you give all the new characters there rightful voices?

waffulz

Smash Rookie
how big is this currently? by that i mean will there be any major differences between hackless and not hackless?

CyberMario

Settle It
3DS FC
3351-4726-1926
I beg for ISO builder support.

Having a 2 GB SD card for a Wii U is a death sentence.
And with the release of Nintendon't, there is just no way to have an SD card that small.
Thus, I'm fully behind the ISO builder support, even though that has it's own series of bugs and issues.

KaiosDymenshin

Smash Rookie
Is there any way to add in both Ridley mods? There's an Other M one and the classic one but they play a little different. Maybe make them one slot and be able to switch? Idk how it works ;-;

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
So do the new characters have the same functionality as normal characters, as in unique announcer calls, stock icons etc? They seem to have their own voices at least. I'm just asking because I haven't kept up with Brawl modding for a while, but this stuff wasn't possible before.

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
You should definitely consider the use of Bagan's classic Ridley once it's out. It's way better than the modern Ridley (or have two Ridleys, that could work too).

Shren

Smash Journeyman
will this be able to play classic and other single player modes without freezing?

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
I beg for ISO builder support.

Having a 2 GB SD card for a Wii U is a death sentence.
And with the release of Nintendon't, there is just no way to have an SD card that small.
Thus, I'm fully behind the ISO builder support, even though that has it's own series of bugs and issues.
Don't worry, we have our own custom ISO builder for USB Loading and Dolphin. You still need an at least 2 GB SD card as well though.

will this be able to play classic and other single player modes without freezing?
Classic, yes. Subspace has been removed and certain other modes may not have full functionality though.

NXero

Smash Apprentice
Hype! Please tell me this is using an entirely different codeset that Legacy. I couldn't make that build run on my Wii, and every other build has worked fine

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
Isn't it possible to load a mod like this (provided the correct disc is inserted) with SD cards larger than 2GB through exploits such as Letterbomb?

If it's possible, would two Hackless versions (one for Smash Stack and one for exploits like the previously-mentioned Letterbomb that has everything on the Homebrew version) be in the realm of possibility?

Either way, I'm very excited to try this out when the time comes.

bwburke94

Smash Rookie
NNID
bwburke94
This is the classic case of having too much of a good thing. Classic Legacy was basically "PM done right", while this thing is "PM with a bunch of extra crap crammed in willy-nilly".

TeddyBearYoshi

Banned via Warnings
I definitely support the idea of replacing Ridley with Classic Ridley once released, since that Ridley fits in with the version of Samus in Brawl/PM and the general art style more.

SG7

Smash Rookie
Woooooooooooow, awesome!
I still have some questions tho:
How to select stage alts with the wiimote and nunchuk? (it goes for this and regular legacy)
And PAL?
I was hoping he'd answer the question about the wiimote & numchuck stage select .-.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
This is the classic case of having too much of a good thing. Classic Legacy was basically "PM done right", while this thing is "PM with a bunch of extra crap crammed in willy-nilly".
There's a ludicrous amount of stages, but it's not like they get in the way of anything, especially since many are cosmetic changes. I don't see the harm.

Top Bottom