• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

H4RM0NY

Smash Rookie
Witch time is a very good attack. It changes Bayonetta from a pretty good character to a good character.

Last edited:

[Corn]

Smash Ace
Witch time is incredibly unfair for a multitude of reasons. First of all, instead of acting as a normal counter, it puts characters in a sort of "slowed down" state. This allows Bayonetta to attack her opponent with virtually any attack she wants to, many times leading to a kill. This part isn't that broken, but the fact that if she misses the counter by a little bit, she can simply take little damage and no knockback. That simply isn't fair. What do you all think about witch time? Do you agree, or disagree?

I agree that it is terribly powerful, but its about time that a counter at low percents did something useful.

BlackCephie

Smash Journeyman
Witch time is incredibly unfair for a multitude of reasons. First of all, instead of acting as a normal counter, it puts characters in a sort of "slowed down" state. This allows Bayonetta to attack her opponent with virtually any attack she wants to, many times leading to a kill. This part isn't that broken, but the fact that if she misses the counter by a little bit, she can simply take little damage and no knockback. That simply isn't fair. What do you all think about witch time? Do you agree, or disagree?
The thing its still punishable if you see it coming and wait. Grabs are your friend here. The point of witch time is to make your opponent respect it and limit their attack options. As the opponent you have to mindful of wt being in play and choose your approaches carefully. If you are throwing out hit boxes willy nilly then you ought to be punished for it. If Shiek is allowed to have 50/50's out the wazoo to kill setups then bayonetta should be allowed have something as threatening as witch time.

Last edited:

H4RM0NY

Smash Rookie
I'm fine with it doing something useful at low percents, but I just mostly hate the fact that you essentially escape any knockback if you miss it within a certain margin.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Witch Times main weakness is nairs since nairs clank like theres no tommorrow.

H4RM0NY

Smash Rookie
BlackCephie BlackCephie You have a point. I'm just sort of nooby so I didn't think too much about grabs. I still think it is a bit OP though.

H4RM0NY

Smash Rookie
Oh and also, completely unrelated, but in the new DLC, I think Pikachu actually has a QAC on Umbra Clock Tower Omega. I was just playing a match there, and QAC'd on it.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Witch time biggest weakness are hitboxes that are multihitting (corrings Dash attack, Yoshis DAir etc) or long lasting hitboxes (Captain Falcon Falcon Kick, NAirs etc) cause they can still hurt you or the moves will clang so you need to actually plan what to punish with so you do not get hurted or clangs during the WT

on moves thats has only the hitbox for a short time can eat everything WT gives them as punish

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
For Nairs and such, wouldn't it be better to do Utilt/Dtilt-Usmash? the tilt would disable the hitbox and allow the smash to connect. In theory at least.

Vinje

Smash Apprentice
For Nairs and such, wouldn't it be better to do Utilt/Dtilt-Usmash? the tilt would disable the hitbox and allow the smash to connect. In theory at least.
You are correct, tilts or aerials would put them in hitstun allowing you to use a smash attack.

RandomGuySheep

Smash Cadet
People always underrate their mains. I think at a lower level of gameplay it's easily exploit-able; however, at a higher level people expect it and charge a smash attack, bait, or grab. I think it's a super strong option tbh, i think it's a little early to call it OP but i tend to agree w/ it being so

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom