• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project 420XX - Complete SSBM Visual Repack

d000d

Smash Rookie

By d000d

420XX - a complete visual repack for Melee
I came up with the idea for a Melee mod from a punny version of 20XX, and so this pack was born. It contains a lot of overdone 420 stuff and other random funny things, including a complete overhaul of all interfaces, custom textured versions for all tournament legal stages, a ton of awesome custom costumes for almost all characters, and a lot of other cool little things I will let you discover yourself.
This pack does not contain any gameplay modifying changes, and it doesn't have anything to do with 20XX.

Screenshots
Interfaces
Character select screen
With customized background music

Stage select screen

Ingame HUD

Custom versions for all tournament legal stages

Battlefield

Dreamland

Yoshi's Story

Final Destination

Custom costumes for almost all characters
Just a few examples

Credits

By me:

• Green Dr. Mario
  • Green Falcon
  • Green Fox
  • Green Falco
  • Green Marth
  • Neutral Link
  • Normal Pokemon Stadium
  • Character select screen
  • Stage select screen
  • Ingame HUD/Pause screen
Xdelta script by DRGN

Other than that: really too many to name. I'd have to go back through miles of downloads and sources to find all makers. Thanks a lot to everyone who created the custom textures that I used in this pack.

Download

Works with Netplay, you both need the iso
Installation guide
To create your own 420XX .iso file, follow these steps

1. Unzip the contents of this zip file into a folder
2. Make sure you have a clean Melee .iso, NTSC version 1.02
3. Drag this iso onto the "Run this.bat" file in the folder where you extracted the zip

That's it! If everything went correctly you should have a 420XX SSBM.iso file now

Notes
I'm normally not really the kind of person to ask for anything, but I'm a poor student having trouble paying off multiple loans and any help is welcome. You certainly don't have to feel forced to donate, but if you like my stuff and want to help I'll be extremely grateful - every piece helps! Click

After installation I strongly recommend to set your internal resolution (Dolphin > Graphics > Improvement) at 1080p if your computer can handle it. It greatly improves the quality of all textures!

Upon request I can provide download links for individual files, costumes etc.
I'm also open to ideas, so if you have a cool idea for just about anything, let me know and I might just add it! I can also make custom textures for everything myself, unless the skill required is beyond my level. I can mod pretty much everything except sound effects (music is fine).

I hope you have fun with this pack, feedback is welcome!

Last edited:

d000d

Smash Rookie
doooooood, love your work... how can i get just this on my CSS?
Thanks man!

You will need a customized character select file that allows you to use closed port images with colour, download here MnSlChr.usd.

Then use DAT Texture Wizard to import the modified usd file, and change the texture at 0x2f760 to this one.

Then hit save, and it's done

Gasher

Smash Rookie
that **** looks godlike, very well done, would love if you would release the CSS, CSP and ingame hud as a seperate download.

Last edited:

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
Thanks man!

You will need a customized character select file that allows you to use closed port images with colour, download here MnSlChr.usd.

Then use DAT Texture Wizard to import the modified usd file, and change the texture at 0x2f760 to this one.

Then hit save, and it's done
is that gonna replace all the work i've done customizing my CSS?

d000d

Smash Rookie
is that gonna replace all the work i've done customizing my CSS?
If you want that closed port texture, then yes unless you already have the modified CSS file. You can also export all from your current CSS file, import the modified file and import all your old stuff back into it

Zeus_Da_master

Smash Journeyman
If you want that closed port texture, then yes unless you already have the modified CSS file. You can also export all from your current CSS file, import the modified file and import all your old stuff back into it
i figured that. its just that i literally just got through doing that last week when i switched from 4.05 to 4.06, :/ guess i'll just have to do it again

Gurekam

Smash Rookie
Hey, when I try and reimport the CSS icons for each character DAT just spits this out at me.
Code:
No texture type was found for "MnSlChr.usd_0x1c080_9.png".

The texture type should appear at the end of the file name, e.g. the "_3" in "MnSlChr.dat_0x51c0_3".
What am I doing wrong?

PS I mean these pngs
http://imgur.com/a/DYZsP

Last edited:

GarrettRightBackAtYA!

Smash Rookie

By d000d

420XX - a complete visual repack for Melee
I came up with the idea for a Melee mod from a punny version of 20XX, and so this pack was born. It contains a lot of overdone 420 stuff and other random funny things, including a complete overhaul of all interfaces, custom textured versions for all tournament legal stages, a ton of awesome custom costumes for almost all characters, and a lot of other cool little things I will let you discover yourself.
This pack does not contain any gameplay modifying changes, and it doesn't have anything to do with 20XX.

Screenshots
Interfaces
Character select screen
With customized background music

Stage select screen

Ingame HUD

Custom versions for all tournament legal stages

Battlefield

Dreamland

Yoshi's Story

Final Destination

Custom costumes for almost all characters
Just a few examples

Credits

By me:

• Green Dr. Mario
  • Green Falcon
  • Green Fox
  • Green Falco
  • Green Marth
  • Neutral Link
  • Normal Pokemon Stadium
  • Character select screen
  • Stage select screen
  • Ingame HUD/Pause screen
Xdelta script by DRGN

Other than that: really too many to name. I'd have to go back through miles of downloads and sources to find all makers. Thanks a lot to everyone who created the custom textures that I used in this pack.

Download

Works with Netplay, you both need the iso
Installation guide
To create your own 420XX .iso file, follow these steps

1. Unzip the contents of this zip file into a folder
2. Make sure you have a clean Melee .iso, NTSC version 1.02
3. Drag this iso onto the "Run this.bat" file in the folder where you extracted the zip

That's it! If everything went correctly you should have a 420XX SSBM.iso file now

Notes
I'm normally not really the kind of person to ask for anything, but I'm a poor student having trouble paying off multiple loans and any help is welcome. You certainly don't have to feel forced to donate, but if you like my stuff and want to help I'll be extremely grateful - every piece helps! Click

After installation I strongly recommend to set your internal resolution (Dolphin > Graphics > Improvement) at 1080p if your computer can handle it. It greatly improves the quality of all textures!

Upon request I can provide download links for individual files, costumes etc.
I'm also open to ideas, so if you have a cool idea for just about anything, let me know and I might just add it! I can also make custom textures for everything myself, unless the skill required is beyond my level. I can mod pretty much everything except sound effects (music is fine).

I hope you have fun with this pack, feedback is welcome!
YOOOO DUDE THIS LOOKS SICK!
My Favorite Part Of This Pack Is The HUD,
is There A Way To Get JUST The HUD?

Vaksky the VaVaDook

Smash Rookie
This looks awesome. I really want to try it but the second download link is down & I can't use mediafire on this computer. Can you please reupload the link, or send me a direct dropbox/drive? Can't wait to play this.

NVM downloaded it. The game freezes before it hits CSS, Any ideas? I'm doing this on my laptop on Faster Melee.

Last edited by a moderator:

d000d

Smash Rookie
NVM downloaded it. The game freezes before it hits CSS, Any ideas? I'm doing this on my laptop on Faster Melee.
Do you get a weird buzzing sound aswell? If so, try enabling Faster Melee Netplay Settings in your gecko codes. If that didn't work, you can try using Faster Melee v4.4 - I've never had any problems on that version.

Mavalin

Smash Rookie
Do you get a weird buzzing sound aswell? If so, try enabling Faster Melee Netplay Settings in your gecko codes. If that didn't work, you can try using Faster Melee v4.4 - I've never had any problems on that version.
Im getting a very similar problem. The game wont make it past the no memory card screen that shows up before the title screen. I just get a loud buzzing noise and a frozen screen every time. Anyway you could post the iso anywhere?

Last edited:

FlutterBuzzy

Smash Rookie
I cannot seem to find an ISO that works. I've looked all over. When I go through with creating the ISO even though it says the ISO isn't vanilla, everytime I open it it's just a black screen with 1 FPS. If you could provide an ISO or just tell me how to fix it, it would be great!

HillustratedJ36

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
MIKE#274
Yeah, I tested as well; no problems on FM 4.4.

I cannot seem to find an ISO that works. I've looked all over. When I go through with creating the ISO even though it says the ISO isn't vanilla, everytime I open it it's just a black screen with 1 FPS. If you could provide an ISO or just tell me how to fix it, it would be great!
Okay, first, you should do a MD5 check in Dolphin (Right click Melee, click Properties, click on the Info tab, and click Compute, which is located next to the MD5 Checksum) and do a comparison with a clean Melee ISO.

Melee has different checksums for different versions of the game; 1.0 to 1.2, as well checksums for different regions.

Usually, Melee projects like this one use US 1.02 as a base, so if you have a US region Melee ISO, make sure you have the same checksum as mine below in bold:
0e63d4223b01d9aba596259dc155a174

If your Melee ISO doesn't match that one, then you will have to scout over the Internet for a clean one. A lot of sites claim they have a clean ISO, make sure you check! Once you have the clean Melee ISO, then you can follow the OP installation steps.

If the ISO is clean and 420XX isn't working, try other projects on the forums and see if it's JUST 420XX with this problem.

Top Bottom