• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

Sjin

Smash Cadet
Man I'm gonna need to get a powersave ASAP to get all customs unlocked lol.
Thanks for posting this for me, helps out a ton

pooch182

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-3177-9014
If this becomes a weekly thing, that'd be amazing. Can't show up for this one because I'll be at Shuffle, but I'd love to have another local right by my house.

Sjin

Smash Cadet
Probably no entry fee this time around. If everyone who shows up wants to pitch in a few dollars to a pot, we can, but that'd only be if everyone was in agreement and had cash on hand. So, don't worry about bringing any money this time, but in future we may add an entry fee.

Hostageclam

Smash Cadet
NNID
flood0f72
Hope to see you all there! Excited something like this will get up and running.

Edit: I'm also totally down for bringing refreshments, some soda or something. Anyone have any specific requests?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hostageclam

Smash Cadet
NNID
flood0f72
I'll also be able to bring a Wii U and a GC adapter for it. Most likely can bring an HD TV for the set up too. Will do my best to unlock customs before the 23rd rolls around!

Sjin

Smash Cadet
I have a wii u and gc adapter and a couple hdtvs for it, also two gc controllers. i have a wii, but sadly lost brawl a couple months back so no pm. I could use my pc setup for it. I've got it pretty much lagless on my hdtv on dolphin with a mayflash adapter, but i'd rather not tie that up since we need it for sm4sh. I also don't have a gc myself, brother took it off to university. So I've only got a full setup for sm4sh really.

I realize a lot of that sounds like gibberish to people who don't use dolphin lol, oops

Sjin

Smash Cadet
I just want to say for anyone who doesn't already know, this IS a house tourney, so please let us know if you can attend for certain by the tuesday before (that's the 19th) so we can get a headcount, that'd be great.

Sjin

Smash Cadet
Two more things to add. Anyone planning on bringing a wii u, don't worry about unlocking customs. I should have a 3ds with all of them unlocked so we can just upload them to your wii u when you arrive and you'll have everything unlocked.

Second, I know the title says weekly, but for now we have no plans of making this a weekly event as of yet. As I said above this is a house tourney and I can't commit to having one every weekend. For now, expect monthlies. If we get a good enough turnout, I will definitely rent a bigger venue and we'll be able to have bi-weekly tournaments at the very least once summer starts.

[MEME]PQuantum

Smash Rookie
NNID
PrivateQuantum
Also, as we said, we would like a headcount. We also encourage to bring your friends. That being said, if you would like to invite your friends who don't have a smashboards account please tell us in the "Post comment"

Hostageclam

Smash Cadet
NNID
flood0f72
I currently have 3 friends who are confirmed to come and play PM, and likely 6 who will come and play Smash 4!

D

Deleted member

Sjin

Smash Cadet
So we're currently sitting at 19 confirmed, I believe. This is getting a lot more attention than I had expected :D

EDIT: If we get any more, I might have to move it to a bigger venue.

Last edited:

MrPoo

Smash Rookie
Are there enough setups for melee? I don't think I can bring mine so I'm just asking lol. I'm probably bringing 1 person for sm4sh and 3 plus myself for melee

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
I think I can bring a melee setup on wii but the problem with that is that I lost my original save file and I'm missing dreamland 64 on my remaining memory card. I can try to unlock it before the date, though.

MrPoo

Smash Rookie
I think I can bring a melee setup on wii but the problem with that is that I lost my original save file and I'm missing dreamland 64 on my remaining memory card. I can try to unlock it before the date, though.
I can bring my memory card, just not the system

Hostageclam

Smash Cadet
NNID
flood0f72
I'm 90% sure that one of the friends I'm bringing has a Melee set up, so I can definitely ask him to bring it! I know he, myself, and another one of my friends will also be able to bring Wii U set ups as well.

MrPoo

Smash Rookie
If anybody is interested in playing melee please let me know! I will also be playing PM but I would love to play some people in melee and it doesn't sound like anybody is that interested!

MrPoo

Smash Rookie
[quotemelee oo, post: 19204327, member: 310858"]What's wrong with playing the game for fun? You can't respect me wanting to even wanting to PLAY melee? You're what's wrong with the community!
I put melee b4 all the other smash games. Im showing that I like Melee more then other smash games. I think you might be confused :p[/quote]
Then you would've wanted to put melee>other games lmao.
I just joined smash boards so when I saw that I was like WOW I hate that type of ****. Lol my b

MrPoo

Smash Rookie
[quotemelee oo, post: 19204327, member: 310858"]What's wrong with playing the game for fun? You can't respect me wanting to even wanting to PLAY melee? You're what's wrong with the community!
I put melee b4 all the other smash games. Im showing that I like Melee more then other smash games. I think you might be confused :p[/quote]
In that case I wish I could delete that post cause the last thing this site should have is some drama lol

FloydtheLonk

Smash Rookie
NNID
Floydman560
3DS FC
4570-8445-7871
I'm 90% sure that one of the friends I'm bringing has a Melee set up, so I can definitely ask him to bring it! I know he, myself, and another one of my friends will also be able to bring Wii U set ups as well.
I do have melee but I do not have all of the legal stages nor g&w so playing on my setup would be kinda bad.

Sjin

Smash Cadet
You can copy saves between memory cards, so don't worry about not having things unlocked.

Sjin

Smash Cadet
REMINDER: If anyone wants to bring some food/drinks you're totally welcome to do that, but please no alcohol. Almost everyone attending is under 21, and I don't want to deal with that at all.

[MEME]PQuantum

Smash Rookie
NNID
PrivateQuantum
I will be streaming this tournament on twitch.tv/PrivateQuantum. If you decide that you can't go then feel free to watch it! Share the link and tweet using the hashtag #NaperSmash1 . Sjin and I are taking our shots at commentating matches for this and if you would like to hop on the mic with Sjin or I feel free to! If you believe you would like to come mentally prepared because we will need commentators when we are either playing games or helping with TO stuff.

Despite the title of this thread this is NOT A WEEKLY. We will have a second tournament some time this summer and by then we should have a venue reserved for a showing of this size.

Sjin and I counted and we have a whopping 31 people coming for this tournament! We are very excited to have all of you but there will be some downtime so we will need food. Luckily his basement goes directly outside (Weather says 75 and sunny with 10% chance of rain) so we will have tables set up. Most importantly, please NO ALCOHOL. But bring chips, dip, pretzels, soda, and whatever else you see fit.

We have a lot of people bringing actual consoles which is wonderful but more importantly we need Monitors for Smash 4 and CRTs for PM and Melee so please bring those as well. It looks like we are going to have a great tournament and I know many people are very excited for this so tell your friends to watch it on twitch.tv/PrivateQuantum!

Final Note: This tournament starts at 1:00 so shoot for being there 5-10 mins early and I believe that if you aren't there by 1:15 we will have to the tournament without you in it :(

Top Bottom