• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

400 total max combos in training mode?!

JFox

Smash Hero
One of the trophies (on the far left I think) is only unlocked by getting a total of 400 combos in training mode. Am I missing something or is Sakurai on crack? That doesn't even seem possible....

There are 35 playable characters (not including character doubles like sheik/zelda), which means you would need roughly an average of 11-12 hit combos with each character in order to get this trophy. (35 X 11= 385 ,35 X 12= 420)

Getting a 12 hit combo in melee with every character is hard as hell (not even possible with many), but in brawl NOTHING COMBOS. I got a 7 hit combo with metaknight's Forward B, and a 6 hit combo with Fox's dair, but these are only one move combos and they are half of what is needed. Now I'm sure that 12 hits with a few characters may be possible(maybe yoshis dair?), but how would someone combo with ganondorf, bowser, DK, etc.?

My goal is to unlock all of the challenges without using any hammers. But this doesn't even seem possible. Am I missing something?

Any ideas?

_Falco_

Smash Rookie
Use Superspice Curry

about 150 hits for each item

3 characters

3 x 150 = 450

Luz

Smash Apprentice
Here's what I did. I found a level with a wall, and took Falco and spam A'd with him. But you see, if I recall correctly, it didn't count it as a combo if I hit the wall (I was playing on the Metal Gear level with the destructable walls that take damage), so I had to PERFECTLY get the distance right so I hit the enemy, but not the wall.

Even then, the enemy would just fly out of my attacks, and I'd get like below 10 combo. But that's where DI plays its role. I switched the comp to human control, and then spammed Falco's A attack, but then DI'd the comp down and towards the player whenever he started getting too far away. I got to a 500 combo like this, and could've easily gone for more. I hope it helps.

EDIT: Wow, Wiwiweb, that's brilliant. I should've thought of that -__-

Arteen

Smash Lord
Kirby vs Ice Climbers, Shadow Moses Island. Land in front of the ICs and hold down A. You'll get 999 combos easily.

BOTA

Smash Apprentice
use two bumpers thats how i did it, and its a lot more funny than any other method :D

Galeon

Smash Ace
i just set the percent up to 999 and did grab attacks. each grab attack hit counts as part of a combo. got over a 100 hit combo with wolf that way.

Young_Link808

Smash Apprentice
its so easy make a stage with a wall and a ceiling like this its basicly a small rectangle box

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
[]***************** []
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

$ = Spikes
[] = Boxes
* = empty space

and use falco and make the comp bowser make bowser go as clsoe to the wall as he can then use falcos A and hold it down i got 999 out of this

Synch

Smash Cadet
You can just spam people like Fox's and Shiek's neutral A combos against walls to rack up an easy 400 if you don't feel like making a stage, as well.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
<_>
I got 297 by holding fox's A attack against shadow moses, and pikachu's hold-A and so forth.

murgatroid99

Smash Rookie
I used the trick from melee, which is to charge lucario's neutral b attack against a wall, have the other player be fox. Set fox to human control and fast fall against lucario's b attack. Pause and unpause to set fox to zero damage when he starts to bounce to high, and you can easily get 999 combos.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
The "Create a stage and put Spikes under a block celing" thing was what i did to get Pit a 999 combo.

NinjaBunnyZ

Smash Rookie
I just used random assist trophes, pokeballs and blew myself and the computer up using 5 smart bombs blowing up at the same time. Get Ho-oh, Entai or any other pokemon that can do fast rapidattacks for combos. 5 smart bomb combo is fun and funny.

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
its not that hard, i think all the ways to do it have been posted, anyways, what i did was juse falco's hold-a spam, on hyrule temple pillar, on a bowser, i did it on the first try.

then i tried the same on my cousins game, but with a ganonn, not bowser, it was a bit more difficult, the combos reseted, but just try that or the smartbomb spam.

Ørion

Smash Ace
I did what the guide said: use kirby in the temple training mode, switch the computer to control, push the computer up against the wall its right next to, and use hold A. Worked great and was really easy.

Nefilim

Smash Rookie
I just used Falco and held the A button on Bowser by the wall on the Corneria stage. Got 999 easy as hell.

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
Most characters' final smashes have multiple hits. (Samus, Lucario)

Don't forget SS curry and pitfalls....

That's probably the easiest trophies.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Kirby (you) vs Bowser, any stage with a wall. Push him up against it and hold A. Infinite combo building, no stage editor/items required.

Zevox

Essix

Smash Cadet
Guys, its super easy to get 50 combos for any char! Just set the NPC's damage to 999, grab them, then keep tapping A to attack them. You will get in 50 hits before you let go. Do that with 8 characters and you will have your trophy.

lavamage

Smash Ace
Wisconsin...yay that place no one has ever heard o
If you have 2 controllers (GC+Wiimote)

Make a custom stage like this:
[]
[]
[][][][]

Put the CPU aganst the wall, and have kirby right next to them. Put the CPU on control, and hold down on the wii-mote/2nd gc controller, put speed on 1.5 and give kirby bunny ears, then just hold the A button and watch yourself get 999 combos in 30 seconds :)

Zero System

Smash Rookie
just spawn two fans with ice climbers have both you and your partner pick then up and you'll get your opponent caught in an infinite a combo.

JFox

Smash Hero
Wow this thread is still alive....? I got the trophy after post 3. Thanks for all of the creative answers, but I think everyone can stop responding now.

Top Bottom