• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4 Ways to win everytime with Marth(even vs Space Animals)

Seyasha

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, let's see you chaingrab anyone on Battlefield, or Dreamland. Why is pivoting so great? 1 is actually a good bit of advice, but can't lead to a victory every time. There are more things to do from shields than grabs. And, no, Marth cannot camp against anyone with a decent projectile. The only way to escape them is to get on a platform, which sends you above them, which gives them a free uair, practically. It at least doesn't give YOU an advantage, because you've got a solid piece of ground between you and your opponent. Please, share you infinite knowledge of anti-camping Space Animals with us! I'm not seeing any good methods for it, but you might know more than I do, who knows?
Pivoting is great because you can shffl pretty quickly out of it. Then start a combo out of that. Anti-camping space animals.. I guess you could sheild refelct like a madman if your decent enough to do it... but as far as I'm concerned all I'm going to be doing is shffling the crap outta people. May lose a few dozen lives, but I'll take my losses before I win them.

Eugenio

Smash Lord
Thank you Doodah for this very entertaining thread, it's always funny to see people get serious over something so silly. Anyway....... pivoting is the ****, son!!!

Marth 616

Smash Journeyman
1)Space.

Don't ever get shield grabbed. Ever.

2)Camp

Just be a little ******.

3)Grab alot.

Every chance you get, especially against Fox and Falco(chain grab and Forward/Back throw to Tip FTW).

4)LEARN TO PIVOT.

Essential. Best tech in the game.
The problem with these kinds of threads is that they don't aid anyone in any way.

Every good Marth player knows that they shouldn't get shield grabbed, but just saying it doesn't help people avoid it.

Try to avoid making these kinds of threads in the future.

*Take no offense to these words, it is just simple advice*

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
Agreed: technical skill only complements one's play style.

This is just a point of semantics, but here goes. They're [style/techncal skill] related, but not complimentary.-- All players using a given character have the same set of technical skills at their disposal, how well they use them is a different issue. Players develop styles by using technical skill in certain ways.

uremog

Smash Ace
i have one to add to this, actually.

5. DON'T GET HIT!

in all reality though, it can stand on its own.

Top Bottom