• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3rd Party Wii U Game Cube Adapter

Kr4k

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
5863-2565-0018
Has anyone used any of the 3rd party Game Cube adapter like MayFlash? I really want to use my Game Cube controllers for Smash. But as well all know the adapter is like $80. Should I wait for a possible new adapters or buy one of these adapters? Any help would be cool thanks.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I've heard the biggest drawback to them is often they work on a 1 to 1 ratio for gamecube control to wii motes, so they require extra hardware.

The advantage to this is that they often make your gamecube controllers work/act as Classic or Pro Controllers making them usable in more games than just Smash Brothers.

The drawback to that is if they register as a Pro Controller the shoulder buttons don't have pressure sensitive switches so you must fully click down L or R to shield.

Also that over time their connectors seem to degrade.

Check individual reviews on each type of adaptor and shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Top Bottom