• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[3DS] The ultimate solution to communicate online

Yorsh

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys,
Wii U players can communicate in "for glory" with tags, but now you can make sure your opponant know how bad he is on 3DS as well.

When you are on the selection screen, you can see if your opponant picked a character or not (it changes the color of the portrait zone). It means that we can communicate in Morse !

Just pick a character and unpick it in rythm to make the . (short) and the _ (long)

Some examples :

U SUCK* : . . _ . . . . . _ _ . _ . _ . _
U BAD : . . _ _ . . . . _ _ . .
2 EASY : . . _ _ _ . . _ . . . _ . _ _
0 SKILL : _ _ _ _ _ . . . _ . _ . . . _ . . . _ . .
*by default, the Morse Code uses uppercase letter, so you don't have to worry about it.

Be creative !

PS : We could actually use this to say a simple gg like this for example " . . " (pick - unpick - pick - unpick ), even there is like 0,1%
chances the other guy saw this thread.

Last edited:

TheSteveEngine

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheSteveEngine
3DS FC
3909-7548-2082
Even if they did or didn't, I don't think morse code is the first thing that comes to mind. This looks like something that would take a while to memorize.

link2702

Smash Champion
so glad you can't change nametags in the 3DS version....i got burned out listing to the crybabies whine when I slaughtered them in the wii U version. Constantly having to see tags like "cheap!" "mac" "is" "op'd" "*****" (with a ! in place of the i ) etc. sure i might of occasionally got a "ggs" or "gtg ggs" take once and awhile, but most of the time it was a bunch of whiny crybabies who couldn't handle the fact that I outplayed em.

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
I did notice the changing character select image when characters were picked, and as good as an idea as this is, I don't think it'll be picked up. There's a lot to memorise and it can easily be messed up. Plus, I don't think I could personally be bothered to sit on the character screen trying to signal morse to someone I don't know and will never meet. XD

Yorsh

Smash Apprentice
Ahah, it's just a joke guys, no worry. I hope no one started learning the Morse code to communicate in smash.
Take a minute to imagine that a guy is really angry, and start insulting you in Morse. That would be ****ing hilarious.

About the "PS :" part, what I mean is that we could (I mean it is possible, nothing more) use it to send a simple and universal message, like a gg, just by picking-unpicking repeatedly (and randomly).

Last edited:
Top Bottom