• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Early Demo Testing Thread!

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
By the grace of all that is Holy, through the unending love of a redditor named cerb22, I managed to receive a demo code. I will now be taking any requests for moves or techs with the characters in the demo. Post all your tech requests here!

Characters applicable: Mario, Link, Pikachu, Villager, Megaman

Questions @ Altais Altais and I have answered:
  • Battlefield is the only stage available in this demo.

• Villager's down b mechanics:
The first time you use down b, you plant a sapling. The second time you use down b in the same spot, you water it and it becomes a tree. Press down-b two more times in the same spot, you chop it and the tree falls down on whoever is around it doing nearly 30 damage (did 24% fresh on Mario). The tree does a LOT of knockback.

If you plant the sapling and leave it there, you can use the water kettle on opponents, which acts as a weakened version of Mario's FLUDD. If you water the sapling and it grows into a tree, you can use the hatchet to chop at opponents for 10-15% or so damage.

If you leave the adult tree before chopping it and are away for about 5-8 seconds, the tree will disappear, and you can no longer use the hatchet. If you only chop it once then leave it, this time is extended somewhat.

--------------
Extras: I decided to do a preliminary Tips list below. Enjoy!

Fighters
  • Kirby: Final Cutter Kirby slices up into the air and then slices straight down again. The shock wave that appears when you land can also damage your opponents.
  • Olimar: Winged Pikmin Two Winged Pikmin carry Olimar. The more Pikmin he has, the harder it is to pull him up.
  • Mii Gunner: Charge Blast This move is super powerful when fully charged. Use it in midair, and it'll fire without charging at all.

Items
  • Pokémon: Meowth Meowth can use Pay Day to throw coins at enemy fighters. They don't do much damage, but the attack has a wide range.
  • Pokémon: Gardevoir Gardevoir uses a barrier that reflects projectiles. If you summoned it, your own projectiles won't be affected. Nice!
  • Pokémon: Staryu Staryu will pursue a target and shoot stars at high speed. For fighters with projectile-absorbing moves, this is like an early birthday present!
  • Pokémon: Palkia Everything gets flipped 180 degrees, changing the battlefield. The controls don't change though, so don't accidentally fall off!
  • Pokémon: Kyurem Icy Wind freezes fighters in just one hit. Not only does the attack have a wide range, but Kyurem can keep it going for a long time.
  • Pokémon: Xerneas Everyone's launching power will get a boost when Xerneas is around. It'll be much easier to launch rivals who have low damage.
  • Assist Trophy: Mother Brain Attack Mother Brain to defeat her! The glass around her will shatter after she fires lasers- that's your chance to strike!
  • Assist Trophy: Isabelle Isabelle is here to support whichever fighter summoned her into the battle. She'll throw healing fruit that's used just by touching it.
  • Assist Trophy: Tingle Tingle, a man with a stubby red nose and wearing an entirely green suit, randomly selects one of five different effects when summoned.
  • Assist Trophy: Waluigi Luigi's purple-clothed rival. He only ever jumps directly up, so leaping left or right is a good way to avoid him.

Stages
  • 3D Land: Blocks The Brick Blocks that appear in the beginning can be easily broken by hitting them once from below.
  • Golden Plains Step on the P Switch (or just hit it) to make blue coins appear. They won't stay around for long, so look lively!
  • Paper Mario Bowser's metal face will appear and spin in the sky. If his eyes turn red, it's a good time to run!
  • Paper Mario A Big Blooper will appear on the ocean stage. Don't worry- it won't attack. It will rock the ship, though, generating some waves.
  • Tortimer Island The shallow waters around the island are home to some vicious sharks. They'll swim close and try to make a meal of an unsuspecting fighter.
  • Unova Pokémon League Reshiram's Fusion Flare move will unleash a burst of flames and then destroy the stairs, so be careful!
  • Wily Castle The Yellow Devil explodes when defeated, which counts as your attack if you defeated it. Use this to KO other fighters!

Game Modes
  • Smash Run: Participants and Prizes The more people you play with in Smash Run, the more prizes you'll all receive at the end.

Smash Run
  • Challenges: Crystal Smash! When you're attacking crystals, sometimes large cracks will appear. Aim your attacks at these to destroy the crystals more efficiently.
  • Enemies: Types of Shy Guys Shy Guys come in four colors: red, blue, yellow, and green. They have different abilities and tend to drop different stat boosts.
  • Enemies: Clubberskull Once freed, a Clubberskull will swing its arms in wide circles, dealing a lot of damage if it lands hits. Best to fight at a distance if you can.
  • Enemies: Daphne A Daphne's mines will explode if you attack them. Best to use projectiles to take them out from a comfortable distance.
  • Enemies: Flage This slimy green foe disappears and moves closer to you. Its shadow will give away where it is heading.
  • Enemies: Generator Generators disappear after they've finished spawning enemies. Defeat them before they finish to get a big bounty as a reward!
  • Enemies: Lurchthorn These fishlike foes pull five cannons along behind them. Each cannon takes damage on its own, but defeating the head can save you some time.
  • Enemies: Tac Tac will fire his hand at you to try and steal your stat boosts. If he gets them, defeat him before he runs away or they'll be gone for good!

Other
  • Low Jump Press the jump button very briefly and you'll jump lower than usual, letting you use air attacks against ground-level foes,
  • Grab an Item While Airborne You can grab an item in midair by dodging or attacking at just the right time.
  • Shieldstun Shuffling Angling to one side or the other while blocking with your shield will move it very slightly in that direction.
  • Mii Fighters' Physiques The physique of the Mii of your Mii Fighter was based on will affect it! A big Mii is stronger, while a smaller Mii is faster.
  • Strong Equipment Taking on higher intensity levels in Classic mode or achieving high scores in minigames can hugely affect the power of the equipment you pick up.
  • Bonus Effects You can equip multiple pieces of equipment with the same bonus effect to make that effect stronger.

--------------
Do NOT ask for other characters. They are not in this demo. Thanks, and let the requests begin!

Also don't ask me for extra codes. I don't have them. I only got one and that was as hard as ever to get.

(Please send cerb22 any thank you messages! Also any gifts for him would be great, thanks :) )

http://www.reddit.com/user/cerb22

Last edited:

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
Please, if anyone has an extra code, is there any way I might get one (besides paying with money)? Also, how does the game feel overall?

Skides

Smash Rookie
NNID
Skides
3DS FC
1289-8354-1948
If you have an extra code can I have it please?

Beatness

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Beatness
3DS FC
5412-9896-3151
I would like to know more about villager's down b and how it works.

Last edited:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Guys, please don't ask me for extra codes. I DO NOT have them. I only managed to get one and used it. Go on reddit or twitter if you want one, there are plenty of free giveaways going on. Don't be silly paying for a code.

This thread is for requesting me to test out the aspects of the demo characters. Please don't ask anything else, I don't want this to get locked.

@ Homsar3 Homsar3 It feels truly like a hybrid of Brawl and Melee. It has Melee ground speed but Brawl air speed. Best way to describe it imo.

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I managed to nab a download code from someone a while ago, so I got the demo, too.

I must say, the graphics are absolutely exquisite! The screenshots on the Dojo do NOT do this game justice. The game also runs VERY smoothly, and the physics, for me, were very easy to get used to, compared to Brawl.

I haven't gotten used to the button scheme yet, though, so right now I am not very good at the game. I'll help the author of this thread answer questions.

I would like to know more about villager's down b and how it works.
Villager's down special is surprisingly fast! He doesn't perform the entire thing with one button press, but rather follows the steps with each button press. He starts by quickly planting the sapling. If you press down-b again, he waters it and it grows into a tree. Press down-b two more times and he chops the tree down. The tree does a LOT of knockback.

If you plant the sapling and leave it there, you can use the water kettle on opponents, which acts as a weakened version of Mario's FLUDD. If you water the sapling and it grows into a tree, you can use the hatchet to chop at opponents.

Last edited:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Thank you so much Altais! I didn't see @ Beatness Beatness ' post due to all the posts asking for codes. So sorry about that.

The first time you use down b, you plant a sapling. The second time you use down b in the same spot, you water it and it becomes a tree. The third time in the same spot, you begin chopping it and the tree falls down on whoever is around it doing nearly 30 damage (did 24% fresh on Mario).

If you leave the tree before chopping it and are away for about 5-8 seconds, the tree will disappear, and you can no longer use the hatchet. If you only chop it once then leave it, this time is extended somewhat.

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
In Smash 4, right before a match starts, you'll get a random hint message telling you about various features of the game. I just got this one not too long ago:

"After grabbing an opponent, you have to wait at least a second before you can grab them again, so be patient".

I guess that means no more chain grabbing.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Yeah, those were confirmed to be removed I think in one of the earlier reveals. Seeing that message definitely seals that deal, I saw the same message also.

Last edited:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I decided to do a preliminary list of every Tip in the demo. It honestly looks like it's the full Tips list of the entire game, as there are literally tons of them. There are tips for every item, stage, character, Smash Run, advanced techs, everything... hope people find some of this useful!

Remember, it's preliminary so I'm not nearly done. I'd imagine it would take days to get them all. I have a lot of homework due Monday but I'll put up what I can through the next few days. Feel free to add Tips as long as they are verbatim from the message.

Tips list:
Fighters
  • Kirby: Final Cutter Kirby slices up into the air and then slices straight down again. The shock wave that appears when you land can also damage your opponents.
  • Olimar: Winged Pikmin Two Winged Pikmin carry Olimar. The more Pikmin he has, the harder it is to pull him up.
  • Mii Gunner: Charge Blast This move is super powerful when fully charged. Use it in midair, and it'll fire without charging at all.

Items
  • Pokémon: Meowth Meowth can use Pay Day to throw coins at enemy fighters. They don't do much damage, but the attack has a wide range.
  • Pokémon: Gardevoir Gardevoir uses a barrier that reflects projectiles. If you summoned it, your own projectiles won't be affected. Nice!
  • Pokémon: Staryu Staryu will pursue a target and shoot stars at high speed. For fighters with projectile-absorbing moves, this is like an early birthday present!
  • Pokémon: Palkia Everything gets flipped 180 degrees, changing the battlefield. The controls don't change though, so don't accidentally fall off!
  • Pokémon: Kyurem Icy Wind freezes fighters in just one hit. Not only does the attack have a wide range, but Kyurem can keep it going for a long time.
  • Pokémon: Xerneas Everyone's launching power will get a boost when Xerneas is around. It'll be much easier to launch rivals who have low damage.
  • Assist Trophy: Mother Brain Attack Mother Brain to defeat her! The glass around her will shatter after she fires lasers- that's your chance to strike!
  • Assist Trophy: Isabelle Isabelle is here to support whichever fighter summoned her into the battle. She'll throw healing fruit that's used just by touching it.
  • Assist Trophy: Tingle Tingle, a man with a stubby red nose and wearing an entirely green suit, randomly selects one of five different effects when summoned.
  • Assist Trophy: Waluigi Luigi's purple-clothed rival. He only ever jumps directly up, so leaping left or right is a good way to avoid him.

Stages
  • 3D Land: Blocks The Brick Blocks that appear in the beginning can be easily broken by hitting them once from below.
  • Golden Plains Step on the P Switch (or just hit it) to make blue coins appear. They won't stay around for long, so look lively!
  • Paper Mario Bowser's metal face will appear and spin in the sky. If his eyes turn red, it's a good time to run!
  • Paper Mario A Big Blooper will appear on the ocean stage. Don't worry- it won't attack. It will rock the ship, though, generating some waves.
  • Tortimer Island The shallow waters around the island are home to some vicious sharks. They'll swim close and try to make a meal of an unsuspecting fighter.
  • Unova Pokémon League Reshiram's Fusion Flare move will unleash a burst of flames and then destroy the stairs, so be careful!
  • Wily Castle The Yellow Devil explodes when defeated, which counts as your attack if you defeated it. Use this to KO other fighters!

Game Modes
  • Smash Run: Participants and Prizes The more people you play with in Smash Run, the more prizes you'll all receive at the end.

Smash Run
  • Challenges: Crystal Smash! When you're attacking crystals, sometimes large cracks will appear. Aim your attacks at these to destroy the crystals more efficiently.
  • Enemies: Types of Shy Guys Shy Guys come in four colors: red, blue, yellow, and green. They have different abilities and tend to drop different stat boosts.
  • Enemies: Clubberskull Once freed, a Clubberskull will swing its arms in wide circles, dealing a lot of damage if it lands hits. Best to fight at a distance if you can.
  • Enemies: Daphne A Daphne's mines will explode if you attack them. Best to use projectiles to take them out from a comfortable distance.
  • Enemies: Flage This slimy green foe disappears and moves closer to you. Its shadow will give away where it is heading.
  • Enemies: Generator Generators disappear after they've finished spawning enemies. Defeat them before they finish to get a big bounty as a reward!
  • Enemies: Lurchthorn These fishlike foes pull five cannons along behind them. Each cannon takes damage on its own, but defeating the head can save you some time.
  • Enemies: Tac Tac will fire his hand at you to try and steal your stat boosts. If he gets them, defeat him before he runs away or they'll be gone for good!

Other
  • Low Jump Press the jump button very briefly and you'll jump lower than usual, letting you use air attacks against ground-level foes,
  • Grab an Item While Airborne You can grab an item in midair by dodging or attacking at just the right time.
  • Shieldstun Shuffling Angling to one side or the other while blocking with your shield will move it very slightly in that direction.
  • Mii Fighters' Physiques The physique of the Mii of your Mii Fighter was based on will affect it! A big Mii is stronger, while a smaller Mii is faster.
  • Strong Equipment Taking on higher intensity levels in Classic mode or achieving high scores in minigames can hugely affect the power of the equipment you pick up.
  • Bonus Effects You can equip multiple pieces of equipment with the same bonus effect to make that effect stronger.

Top Bottom