• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U 3DS can be used as a CONTROL OPTION for the WiiU version!!!

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I guess this is to make up for the lack of crossplay. I can't say I'm disappointed. Seriously, this is good.

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
Wow, a feature I'm not gonna be using ever!

Srsly I need muh C-Stick

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
IIIIIIII... don't get how this is exciting. What does the 3DS controls have that the Wii U doesn't have already? Not to mention we're getting Gamecube controllers for Smash on Wii U.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
It's exciting for people that don't have other controllers with their Wii U. :laugh:

I actually like this feature.

Scicky

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I doubt it'll be anywhere close to a majority, but some people might come to prefer the 3ds controls, especially when the new 3ds comes out. Still sticking with gamecube though.

HotelWaffle

Smash Apprentice
I got gamecube controllers Ill play with too but im sticking with mah wii remotes

KlefkiHolder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Companion_Cube17
3DS FC
3024-5019-8681
It's exciting for people that don't have other controllers with their Wii U. :laugh:

I actually like this feature.
I dont see that point all that much given the price difference of a pro controller and a 3DS.

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
This could be really nice if the WiiU version can see all the customized characters you have made on the 3ds version. Everyone can just bring their 3DS along and use their favourite custom movesets without having to mess around with it on the console. That way it could even be useful for special tournaments with customs on if it's a casual tournament where people wouldn't mind using their 3ds as controller.

Last edited:

TheDMonroeShow

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3695-0037-2189
I mean i guess it's nice for those who got use to the 3ds control scheme? but I've been playing the 3ds demo all day and i gotta say while it's alright it's no where as comfortable as the pro controller or gc controller...even the wiimote + nunchuck felt better imo.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Will still use the GC controller myself. Am playing the 3DS demo, and it's really easy to mix up smashes/tilts/tilt jump due to the C-Stick. Still it's a nice option, better than the Nunchuk/Pro Controller IMO.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
It's a cute little feature, but I'm still doing my smashing with a GCN controller.

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271
I think it's totally fair for people that'll be playing the 3DS version for months like someone else already said minus the "but why" mood.

Just like all 2 people that played with wiimotes.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Silly, but interesting. What's more important though is that connecting like this could transfer names and custom sets automatically. I'd be a great time-saver if customs become mainstream.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Since they have the connectivity between the two already it probably didn't take much to make that functionality work. It's an interesting addition.

Waterwraith

Smash Cadet
This'll probaby be a feature I'll use once in a while. The 3DS is no Gamecube controller, but it feels better for controlling Smash than anything else I've used besides that.

My gamecube controllers are acting screwy anyway, so this'll be nice to have as a backup.

Grovfu

Smash Rookie
NNID
XMister_RatburnX
Seems like a helpful little addition, even though I'll be sticking with my GC controller. Maybe people who are buying both versions can practice control with the 3DS to become accustom to it. So that makes smash 4 playable with these devices (natively):

Wiimote + Nunchuck
Wiimote
Wii Classic + Classic pro
Wii U Pro
Gamecube Controller
Wii U Gamepad
3DS

That's quite a bit, really. More than any other fighting game.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'm going at it with a Pro Controller.. and maybe a Gamecube in the future. I don't need a C-Stick, but it's nice to have one.

Last edited:

Malcolmnex

Smash Apprentice
most likely wiimote + nunchuk for me. i HAVE a gc controller but idk if i'll get the adapter yet.

also if this is true technically you have 2-3 month to get use to the 3ds controls. if its still a "disadvantage" after all that prep time then your just bad at smash

Pink!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KirbyCanvasCurse
3DS FC
3695-0038-5541
This is a nice feature for those who prefer the 3DS controls or need a backup incase there is nothing else they'd want to use. I will probably use a GC controller but I might use the 3DS as well.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
This is good because my GC controllers are broken, I don't have any Pro controllers and my friends all own 3DS/2DSes.

Damn good feature.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I spent my money on the smash theme 3ds xl, and I still will have to buy smash 3ds and then smash wii u, so I don't know if I will get the gc adapter right away. I'm getting used to the controls thanks to the 3ds demo so I might go with this feature as first and then use it as a backup if my gc controller breaks.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Why the hell would you wanna play with the 3DS on the Wii U when literally every other control option (Gamecube, Wiimote+Nunchuck, Pro Controller, even the wiimote alone) is better?

JLU51306

Smash Apprentice
GC controller for me. Might play around with the Wii remote + Nunchuk since I never, ever tried it on Brawl.

Top Bottom