• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

35 Char Roster is FAKE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
35 roster is fake, and here is why:

Let's look at the characters we have now.
There are 25 characters on the Dojo. 23 are selectable characters, (As in, they'll appear on the character select screen) and there are 27 total playable characters with Shiek, Zamus, and counting PT as 3.

We have the now confirmed Ness, Lucario, and Jigglypuff, which brings up the selectable character count to 26 (more than Melee already), and 30 total playable characters.

Now we have the semi-confirmed Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Luigi, and Krystal, which would bring the selectable character count to 30, and 34 total playable characters!

There are still the 8 unconfirmed veterans:
Dr. Mario*
Falco
Young Link (returning in form of WW Link)
Pichu*
Mewtwo
Mr. Game & Watch
Marth
Roy*
*Virtually no chance of returning

This brings the roster to 35 selectable, and 39 total playable characters. No other Newcomers? I call bull****!

Novus

Smash Apprentice
Your logic has too much "it isnt true because I don't want it to be" and you're realllllly scraping the barrel for facts to back you up.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I don't like how you claim the "virtually no chance of returning" deal.

Maybe you should take that out, but just suggesting. And most people now think Mewtwo's spot has been stolen by Lucario.

S2

Smash Lord
Yeah when you take your advice about Pichu/Doc not coming back...

And stop counting PT as three...

Take out Krystal who is not confirmed...

Eliminate M2, who is supposedly cut...

what you left with something aorund 35?

Logic my friend.

CCC07

Smash Apprentice
the 35 char roster was decomfirmed on gamefaqs forums. the guy
who made it say he made it up and his friends thought it was real
so he ran with that to see how far it would get him.

ace_skoot

Smash Rookie
gees can people give this topic a rest *sigh* or at least confine it all to a single thread...

Yes, because Mewtwo and Lucario are so similar.

Steel and Fighting type dog thing = Psychic cat thing...

The logic used is undeniable.

-_-

:034:

Smash Hero
Did you.. Even look at the 35 Roster before making this topic? ...Ah, nevermind. I'm not gonna bother.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
Wow, so many of these, "I think this rumor or roster is fake." threads. Are these really deserving of their own threads? I'm pretty sure they are all fake anyway and most anyone that's been reading all the facts should know that... No need to point it out over and over. >.>

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Yeah when you take your advice about Pichu/Doc not coming back...

And stop counting PT as three...

Take out Krystal who is not confirmed...

Eliminate M2, who is supposedly cut...

what you left with something aorund 35?

Logic my friend.
It's 35 not counting PT as 3. When I said 39 playable characters, that included Transformations and PT as 3. Krystal was confirmed by her Voice Actor to be in Brawl some way or another, there are many possibilites as to why Mewtwon wasn't there, and you get thirty five SELECTABLE and 39 PLAYABLE.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Yes, because Mewtwo and Lucario are so similar.

Steel and Fighting type dog thing = Psychic cat thing...

The logic used is undeniable.

-_-
that Steel and Fighting type dog thing uses alot of moves like mewtwo does in melee.. for a steel/fighting type..

Lucario is prettymuch confirmed, and M2 was nowhere to be found.

Black/Light

Smash Master
the 35 char roster was decomfirmed on gamefaqs forums. the guy
who made it say he made it up and his friends thought it was real
so he ran with that to see how far it would get him.
God, I wish people would read. That guy was CB (Snakey over there). . .he has been keeping track of all reliable leakers and made the roster list around what they said. He never said it was fake, just that he was the first to call it.

Grevling

Smash Cadet
Krystal is in no way even semi-confirmed to be a playable character. She is apparently in the game. That's it.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
that Steel and Fighting type dog thing uses alot of moves like mewtwo does in melee.. for a steel/fighting type..

One move. Whoop-dee freakin-doo. It's highly possible that he:

A) Is not playable in SSE
B) The person making it had not unlocked Mewtwo yet
C) He is an "Unlockable Boss."

35forlife

Smash Rookie
Hold on. Not enough newcomers?

Sonic
Snake
Pit
Wario
P Trainer
Meta Knight
Olimar
Ike
DeDeDe
Diddy Kong
Lucas

Even if you don't include ZSS, or count P Trainer as 3, that's still 11 newcomers that have already been revealed. Along with Lucario being basically confirmed, and that list saying Wolf and ROB, that's 14 newcomers. You don't think that's enough?

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
You know Lucario and Mewtwo are absolutely NOTHING alike, other than their anthro forms. Why does everyone think Mewtwo is cut? He has no moveset replacement... And he has an original moveset, and he's one of the most popular Pokémon ever (way more poplar overall than Lucario). It doesn't make sense.

And Krystal isn't confirmed to be playable. She could be an AT.

I can see what he means though, there is a problem with the 35 roster.

I expect these Vets back at least

Marth
Captain Falcon
Luigi
Young Link
Ganondorf
Mr G&W
Mewtwo (No really!)
Falco

That's 8, space for one more newbie... I don't see why Mewtwo shouldn't return. The logic of ditching him makes no sense at all to me. If you want more than 1 newbie then you could get rid of all the clones. Argh, I give up. I'm waiting until next Thursday, seriously.

Okay, let's examine that for a minute.

Lucario's entire move list, from Bulbapedia
Quick Attack
Foresight
Detect
Metal Claw
Dark Pulse
Counter
Force Palm
Feint
Bone Rush
Metal Sound
Me First
Swords Dance
Aura Sphere
Close Combat
Dragon Pulse
Extremespeed

Aura Sphere and Shadow Ball are the only moves that could possibly be interchangeable. Lucario is on the opposite end of the Pokemon spectrum than M2. Fighting=/= Psychic.

If M2 is gone, it won't be because of Lucario. It will be because he sucked hard in Melee, and no one could think of a way to fix him without breaking character.

Lucario will not "replace" Mewtwo, as they should play nothing alike.

Ghost07

Smash Journeyman
God, I wish people would read. That guy was CB (Snakey over there). . .he has been keeping track of all reliable leakers and made the roster list around what they said. He never said it was fake, just that he was the first to call it.
Dude If it's not an actual leak then it's fake. Anybody can look at the realiable leakers and make a fake roster. Instead of telling people to read you should think. It may be the actual characters that are in the game but the fact that he made it means it's not a leak.

Ghost07

Smash Journeyman
Sorry about the double post. Internet is laggy...

KingDiDiDiddy

Smash Apprentice
once again here is another pathetic attempt at debunkingthe 35 character roster.

People if you are going to try and say its fake please use GOOD SOLID EVIDENCE

here are examples of bad logic:

"Krystal is basically comfirmed to be a PC"

No, this is nowhere near the truth.... she is basically comfirmed to be in the game but as what? No one knows

"35 character is way too few it is not even possible"

Again why? this is the worst argument of them all seriously just because YOU want more characters doesnt mean there has to be more than 35.

"Sakurai wouldn't forget all these characters!"

Again terrible seriously are you friends with him? do you know him personally or are friends with him?

This topic is just another example of some immature spoiled fanboy not willing to accept the fact this may be the final roster. Denial can make people rush and use some stupid logic and try anything to debunk this roster

so people please stop embarassing yourselves.

iron blade

Smash Ace
Your logic has too much "it isnt true because I don't want it to be" and you're realllllly scraping the barrel for facts to back you up.
What he said.

How many "35 roster debunked" threads must there be?

The key word to your sig is 'Yet'

Krystal's VA saying she was in the game could mean her being an AT, either way I don't care.

Ghost07

Smash Journeyman
Sorry bout the spam.......too much lag

Ghost07

Smash Journeyman
One last time... Anyways I'm not saying thats not the real roster I'm saying it's not a acutally leak.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I don't even have a Gamefaqs account.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
It's really gotten to the point where the people most vehemently discounting the 35 member roster are the ones who are disappointed and butthurt from what isn't on it in the first place.

The rationale has gotten to the point where it isn't even so much as "This seems rather unlikely because..." but more "IT'S FAKE BECAUSE IT DOESN'T HAVE ISAAC, AND I WANT ISAAC." There's a whole lot of denial and upheaval here and it's really made Smashboards the laughing stock compared to other outlets where people debate this crap.

This is a "dream" game for the "fans," but so many fans were satisfied with the additions that have already been confirmed that I don't really believe that EVERY SINGLE REQUEST, Sukapon to Simon Belmont to freaking Zant, will be satisfied. There's only so much. Think about the sheer volume of assist trophies we're being supplied with on top of it. Everyone needs to consider, even for a second, regardless of whether or not this or any other disappointing leaked roster exists, that they MAY not get Krystal, Geno, Isaac, Midna, Ridley, or any of the other major players people have been suggesting/demanding for the past year or so. It's sad. I'm being a downer here, but I'm also being realistic. It's not like I REALLY DON'T WANT MORE CHARACTERS, but be serious. People wanted Sonic in Melee, wanted Wolf in Melee, wanted all sorts of crap that didn't come. They raised hell over clones, discounted the leak of the real roster, and all this other crap. They were extremely disappointed, but Melee was still a great game and people still bought it and enjoyed it and are still playing it today, albeit butchering it with the same three character play and eliminating half the stages, and all items (my views on tournament play are a separate matter entirely).

MarkMan and Reno are extremely reliable sources and have been on several accounts. They're betting permanent IP bans on the information they've supplied us. A lot of their roster has already been successfully predicted: no one would have said Mewtwo would be cut except for the 35 person rosters out there, and lo and behold, he doesn't appear on any of the Pokemon stickers. There's the possibility of him not being unlocked, but what's the honest chances that a veteran (Mewtwo) be harder to unlock or unlocked AFTER a newcomer (Lucario)? A lot points to Mewtwo's removal if we consider that, plus the number of lists that link up.

The other wildcard in this is R.O.B., who may be a SSE enemy, but does that really stop it? I mean, take Melee for example. The final boss of Adventure mode is Bowser (barring under-eighteen minute clears). Does that mean that Bowser isn't playable? It really doesn't. Hell, the two variations on the R.O.B. enemies (missiles or lasers, as mentioned in the DOJO update) may even be heavier support for a playable. After a curveball like Game and Watch, it really doesn't seem too shocking to have another big Nintendo homage character, especially one that was critical in bringing the Famicom stateside.

I'm not saying the 35 person roster is 100%, but MarkMan and Reno are pretty heavy sources to consider. Keep in mind, neither of them said "35 characters," people just made that guess themselves based on Nysae's information that seemed to correlate with it. Let's stop making new threads on this, trying to find every little pixel to justify "OMG THIS IS SHOOPED" and just wait for irrefutable leaks (i.e. something in the way of an in-gameplay video), or better yet, 1/31.

Tyrael64

Smash Journeyman
Krystal was NOT confirmed by her voice actor, Krystal was listed on IMDB, which ANYBODY CAN EDIT, JUST LIKE WIKIPEDIA.

So no, Krystal is not confirmed in any way, shape or form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom