• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3 Versus 1 in For fun mode (;//n//:)

«◆Jοhηηγ◆»

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Johnnycay
3DS FC
4983-5527-1165
Hello my name is «◆Johηηγ◆» I love the Super smash bros series but recently I have been playing Super Smash bros for Wii U and I noticed a popular and disgusting trend of people teaming up with 2 other players and attacking a single player all at once...

This is fairly popular on For fun mode but I host a lot of "Taunt Parties" and this is not what being in a taunt party is about AT ALL.
First off, they start by trying to get the victim annoyed by getting them willing to attack by hitting them or just flat out being a d*** to the player. Then they will all charge at the player bombarding them with attacks/projectiles to overwhelm the player...

Then as if it wasn't already bad enough after the match is over they will set the nickname to phrases like "U•MAD•BRO" "LOL" "U•SUCK" and so on..

I have unfortunately been a victim of these offenses and I would love some advice on how to deal with these assholes I would really appreciate it if you helped me out, thank you.

Example of Online Bullying :(
I Played along so I could get evidence that this does happen to some players that aren't strong enough to fend off 3 people at once

Last edited:

KirbCider

Smash Ace
First off, my advice would be to simply leave if you do not like the people you are with in a "Taunt Party".

I am a frequent Taunt Party-er myself mainly because there are some nights where I literally like to just goof around and not even play seriously. That, and I've accepted the fact that Taunt Parties are here to stay and nothing I do will change that fact. It's simply a "If you can't beat em, join em" kind of thing and I do understand there's a lot of people who actually want to play For Fun the correct way.

I've seen quite a lot of things happen in Taunt Parties honestly. Even though I frequent them I can agree when people say how boring they are because there's a lot of people who make it boring. Trust me, a party isn't a party until you're quadruple Villager playing Hot Potato Tag with a Pocket Tree (was literally the best night ever) or trying to see how long you can survive Sudden Death without hiding at the edges.

One thing that will always disappoint me when I see it though, is when some players take Taunt Parties a little too seriously.

I'm guilty of trying to attack someone who interrupts one, especially if they attack me specifically. Unless someone has it covered I typically stand back; however one thing I will not agree with is the fact they sometimes viciously attack said person at the CSS for it.

They will throw out so many insults like they just murdered their puppy. That is not only uncalled for, but also a bit overkill isn't it?

As for the video itself, I watched it twice and saw nothing wrong with it in terms of "Bullying" to be honest. Was it the Player 4 Kirby that was the "Victim"? It seems like he just didn't know how to get out of the way, but then again the others could of moved away from him and spammed Neutral B in another direction. Either way it seemed like a pretty common Taunt Party and saw nothing wrong in the video.

I'd hardly call that ganging up on him as I've witnessed far worse before.

Also, as a side note you are going to get people who occasionally like to give you taps throughout the whole match. There's not much you can do about it unless you just avoid them as that's pretty much all you can do. I've encountered those people all the time and that's what I did and it worked just fine. If it continues to be a problem then again, just leave and find another one. Pretty simple.

There's no true way to stopping anything you encounter on Sm4sh's Online. You have to learn to expect and deal with such behavior.

Last edited:

«◆Jοhηηγ◆»

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Johnnycay
3DS FC
4983-5527-1165
I do expect that sort of behavior? what made you think that I wouldn't?

I think in my honest opinion that there should be an easier way to report people you play with in smash, because I always forget to look at there profile after a match cause the report feature is so unnoticeable that I always will forget to report someone who is acting like a **** online after a match ends...

Also I can't just leave in the middle of a match because I will get kicked for it. Which is really annoying cause I can't just sit there watch my character do nothing as it gets mercilessly beaten to a pulp

But the only reason you in particular don't get picked on is because your stronger than me and you could just destroy the opposing players if needed...

*also that video was the only example I had*

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Smash has a "griefing" ban that happens when all players in a FFA target only one person. The main way people like this circumvent it is by hitting each other with weak hits. When you're in this situation, it's best to try to distance yourself rather than try to play their game/fight all 3 at once (unless you feel they're so bad that you can actually take them all on at once).

But yeah, is definitely uncool that behavior like this is not only tolerated, but considered "the norm" in With Anyone. Reporting people is a hassle, especially when it becomes a habit.

«◆Jοhηηγ◆»

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Johnnycay
3DS FC
4983-5527-1165
Smash has a "griefing" ban that happens when all players in a FFA target only one person. The main way people like this circumvent it is by hitting each other with weak hits. When you're in this situation, it's best to try to distance yourself rather than try to play their game/fight all 3 at once (unless you feel they're so bad that you can actually take them all on at once).

But yeah, is definitely uncool that behavior like this is not only tolerated, but considered "the norm" in With Anyone. Reporting people is a hassle, especially when it becomes a habit.
Yes this is also something I would tend to do to keep from getting a penalty... Of course I'm not mean to people if they change their mind and want to join the party..

KirbCider

Smash Ace
I do expect that sort of behavior? what made you think that I wouldn't?

I think in my honest opinion that there should be an easier way to report people you play with in smash, because I always forget to look at there profile after a match cause the report feature is so unnoticeable that I always will forget to report someone who is acting like a **** online after a match ends...
Nothing made me think that. I was merely stating what it is true.

Behavior like that is inescapable especially when dealing with Taunt Parties. As annoying as it is there's really nothing you can do about it, so why stress over such behavior? As far as reporting goes I don't think that will help much at all as reporting itself is pretty useless. The punishment Sm4sh has for players that are reported is basically a "Slap on the wrist" punishment in my honest opinion.

Sure, if you get reported enough you go to a banned server and deal with others who are banned. The more you a reported the longer you get stuck there; however my only question is does that really change anything? They're still allowed to play online more or less granted they have a harder time finding opponents. If the report system was feared there would be a lot less salt going around. You'd still get sour behavior Online even if they did have a better punishment in place of course, but it'd happen less frequently I believe.

That, and it turns out the reports are never even checked. Anyone can be reported for literally anything if you make someone mad enough.

Heck, I had a particular player at one point in 1V1 For Glory whom I managed to two stock for the past two matches with them. In the third and final match he managed to KO me once and immediately resorted to Tea-Bagging the whole time like it was a huge accomplishment. After KOing him back I double taunted and in the end won the match. Back at the CSS he put as his tag "REPORTED" and quickly left.

That was the only time I even taunted him and it's not like I did anything else to warrant it. Whether he actually did it or not is unclear.

Also I can't just leave in the middle of a match because I will get kicked for it. Which is really annoying cause I can't just sit there watch my character do nothing as it gets mercilessly beaten to a pulp

But the only reason you in particular don't get picked on is because your stronger than me and you could just destroy the opposing players if needed...
I never said you had to leave in the middle of it and are aware of the disconnect penalty. Just leave when the match is finished.

If you really do find it upsetting when you find someone else getting bullied in a Taunt Party you're participating in then you can always try to stick up for them. The others may not like it and start attacking you as well or worse, but if you feel it is worth it then go for it.

Who knows, you may make a friend from it or better yet make that persons day.

Also, how do you know I'm stronger than you exactly? I don't think you've ever seen me play and I don't think we've went against each other before either. For all we know you could actually be better than me and wipe the floor with my face. You don't know if I get targeted in Taunt Parties or not and why I may not. I'll assure you I've been targeted a few times before by merely entering the room.

Yup, by merely just being there I got into a 3V1 situation.

I never attacked anyone and never did anything that warranted it. As soon as the match started I was an immediate target and there was nothing I could do about it. As I mentioned before in most cases I have found that most Taunt Party-ers are extremely good players from what I've witnessed. The main reasons why I don't typically get picked on is because I'm usually wise enough to stay out of a fight or stay away from a particular player. I also follow unspoken "Rules" of Taunt Parties the best I can for the most part. I don't do anything special.

Last edited:
Top Bottom