• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3 stock or 4 stock?

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
I'm slowly thinking two, but if people are still getting KO'd easily in a few minutes after the game has matured, then 3 may sound plausible.

Last edited:

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
I don't get why the speed matters if you have time as well. Just pick 3 or 4, not more or less.

Brawl has been testing out with 1 Stock games recently, and its actually going surprisingly well. Perhaps thats what the ruleset for Smash 4 should be at the beginning.
That's ****ing stupid...

Last edited:

Chilex

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chilex
After rewatching the SDCC and PAX 1v1 matches, the amount of time it took for players to take one stock worries me. It may because of the severe lack of experience in the game, but that's just me.

As for my input, 4 stocks is now pretty much out of the question. 2 or 3.

Gabukin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gabukin
I think the first few major tournaments should be 3 stocks, and if the matches go by fast then go up to 4 but if they are slow remain at 3.

Last edited:

MioTinto

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-2162-7019
I'd start out with 4 out of old habit, but if 3 stock proves to be more convient, why not?

AbbiDood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShadyLion
4 works so well for Melee becouse the game is so fast, and kills happen so early in most Match Ups. Now of course "early kills" could be the case in Smash 4 too, we don't know that yet, but from the looks of it 3 seems like it'd fit perfectly. 3 stock worked.. kinda good for Brawl I guess, but matches still took forever sometimes. Considering this game is "a faster Brawl/Brawl 2.0" going by a lot of what I've read, 3 seems like it'd work just fine.

I'm one of those people who'd love to test 2 stocks too, mainly becouse I like the "win 2 rounds to win a match" feel that Killer Instinct has. But hey, we'll see. Maybe others would like to try it too.

Losho

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheLosho
3DS FC
3883-7759-0830
I believe that it will start with three and if for some reason it needs to be changed it will be.

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
In light of recent news and game-play from more recent builds, I feel we'll start off with 4. Whether or not it's stuck with, I don't know. We'll have to see how the Meta develops.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Start with 3 stocks because the blast zones are still very far out and recoveries look really good.

Top Bottom