• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3-on-3 Squad Strike

Jonn

Smash Apprentice
3-on-3 Squad Strike

This is exactly what I've been saying Smash needed, a King of Fighters-style Team Battle mode.

3 characters, 1-stock each. This would balance out the game significantly. Bayonetta players can't rely on only 1 character, they'll have to learn 2 others.

This should be the new tournament standard, really.

Jonn

Smash Apprentice
Not to mention, it would continue the lineage.

SSB64 was 5-stocks, Melee was 4-stocks, Brawl was 3-stocks, and Sm4sh was 2-stocks. People want 3-stocks for Ultimate, well, how about 3 characters?

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
they already nerfed bayo, lets wait and see how those play out before we change how standard tournies work

Untouch

Smash Master
I don't want it to be relegated to side events.
I don't think it should replace the standard 1v1 (or really, I wouldn't have a problem but the community is reluctant to change), but it should be on the level as 2v2 at the least.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I don't agree with the mindset of just being salty about Bayonetta, but the general idea of playing with a team of 3 characters instead of one character all the time is definitely really appealing to me. I want better information about exactly how this mode works for now (is it definitely just 1 stock per character but otherwise the game just flows normally, no interruptions or percent reset or anything on character change?), but in best case scenario it could be just better than single character smash for sure.

BigMac1304

Smash Apprentice
This looks like a ton of fun. It's smash tour, but minus the crap you had to go through.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
It looks like fun though!

Instead of bashing any of the characters, maybe this is a good opportunity to do two different kinds of tournaments: mains only or the 3 on 3 mains to learn 3 different characters. We all know that tiers are going to show soon so I can expect at least 15 of the same names being popular

Untouch

Smash Master
I think if it's possible to play one character and never have to worry about ever switching because matchups are that good, there's something very wrong with the balance of the game already.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
If the Pokémon Trainer hadn't been confirmed already, this would have been a great way to use Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard. But since they are tied to the Trainer, you'd have to use palette swaps to put them on each stock. Samus and Zero Suit Samus would need a teammate and Zelda and Sheik would need one too. Oh well, at least my dream of a tag-out match came true when it comes to the unrelated fighters. Right? Please tell me there's a way to switch characters without being defeated.

Iron Maw

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ironmaw
3DS FC
1091-8076-0883
I don't want it to be relegated to side events.
I don't think it should replace the standard 1v1 (or really, I wouldn't have a problem but the community is reluctant to change), but it should be on the level as 2v2 at the least.
Not to mention it's perfect for Crew battles. It's should definitely that be considered potenially being standard.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I doubt it this is not m
If the Pokémon Trainer hadn't been confirmed already, this would have been a great way to use Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard. But since they are tied to the Trainer, you'd have to use palette swaps to put them on each stock. Samus and Zero Suit Samus would need a teammate and Zelda and Sheik would need one too. Oh well, at least my dream of a tag-out match came true when it comes to the unrelated fighters. Right? Please tell me there's a way to switch characters without being defeated.
I doubt it this is not MVC

Top Bottom