• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3 new character confirmation?(not the lucario,ness,jigs)

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I think there will be 3 reps, fox, krystal and falco. I believe this leak.

RIDLEYYYYYY

One thing is thinking that the three characters are going to be in.
Another is believing this as a leak.
He could be a bogus guy that guessed right. These aren't exactly WTF characters.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
I think there will be 3 reps, fox, krystal and falco. I believe this leak.

RIDLEYYYYYY
What leak? The most prominent leak out there has Fox, Falco, and Wolf. It's either 35 characters, or 37 if you believe the one floating around that adds Michaiah and Dark Samus.

But still no freakin' Ridley. ><

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
He's still stuck on the awful 35 character roster that simply makes no sense. Don't mind Kaiser, the Cloverfield Monster ate his brain. =P

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
Fox, falco, wolf. I thought the leak was ridley, jigglypuff and falco?
Oh, yeah, this one. :|

Kinda forgot about this one. Cause there's like, not much backing for it.

Don't mind Kaiser, the Cloverfield Monster ate his brain. =P
And it's forcing me to repeat watch the same, awful, 20 minute party sequence.

Over. And over. And over again.
*sobs*

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
Sorta like the one you're backing there buddy. =P
To be fair, I guess I don't know WHO made this leak.

Come on, let's not argue. >< Please. I am so sick of starting potential flame wars with fellow smashers who just want this game to be good too.

The only reason I'm supporting something so awful is I don't want disappointment after the game comes out.

So let me just shut up and be on my way. ; P

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
It got on Wii-ds. Not even the 35 roster leak has gotten on Brawl Central, this leaker is obviously different.
Is the wii-ds site more circumspect in which alleged leaks it shows on the site? Does a leak have to come from a really trusted source to be shown?

LemonManX

Smash Lord
There is still no more backing to this? As much as I want Ridley in the game, I'm inclined to not trust this yet. Which pains me because I *really* want to play as Ridley lol.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Is the wii-ds site more circumspect in which alleged leaks it shows on the site? Does a leak have to come from a really trusted source to be shown?
Not sure, but I hear it's a common place to check for info, and very reliable. Sort of like BrawlCentral is.
I don't know how reliable this Mr. Lee Road is, but he's obviously not your average GameFAQs user.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Not sure, but I hear it's a common place to check for info, and very reliable. Sort of like BrawlCentral is.
Yeah but one of the mods at brawl central said that this site also posts rumors. And I'm sure there are rumors that didn't turn out true.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Yeah but one of the mods at brawl central said that this site also posts rumors. And I'm sure there are rumors that didn't turn out true.

Yeah, but if you read it he seems to be very trusted. Why else would they put spoiler tags?

Zevox

Smash Lord
I can't believe they locked the other thread about this just when this had been posted, but we could use a translator here:

Sunshine said:
Did anyone translate this yet?
http://wii-ds.com/article/80787978.html

It says something about the guy's credibility.
http://translate.google.com/transla...ii-ds.com&hl=en&safe=off&client=safari&rls=en
(Click on the article that says January 26th)

"January 27th, 0:52 Addenda following article is credible information that we have confirmed the "rumor sites" to revoke the treatment. "
This could give us a better idea of whether this is credible info or not, if we can get someone better than google translator to make sense of it.

Zevox

firebird34

Smash Apprentice
We could keep fighting for the next 3 or 4 days or we could give up now be patient and figure all this out when it comes out in japan

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Was that sarcasm? I mean... Zamus' name was "KKK" in that picture, which seems a bit too inappropriate to be true.
It's fake, but not because of the KKK. It doesn't mean anything in Japan, so don't judge it by US taboos.

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
C'mon now, guys. STILL no Samurai Panda? And couldn't we get Serebii to confirm if that's actually how you unlock Jigglypuff?
Serebii refuses to confirm or deny anything. You should know that by now. He has good reasons not to though. For one, he won't get in trouble with Nintendo, and two, it prevents the 'prophets' from taking his information and claiming they knew it all along. I honestly believe that as soon as the game comes out in Japan, Serebii will reveal all he knows...

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Serebii refuses to confirm or deny anything. You should know that by now. He has good reasons not to though. For one, he won't get in trouble with Nintendo, and two, it prevents the 'prophets' from taking his information and claiming they knew it all along. I honestly believe that as soon as the game comes out in Japan, Serebii will reveal all he knows...
He seemed to have no problem rattling off Lucario and Jiggs as soon as Nintendo leaked them. If this source is as credible as him, he should be able to ratify the method to unlock Jiggs. That is, if he knows it.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Chronobound, the guy who first COMPILED the awful 35 character roster (he just used the info from various semi-credible leakers and made it) has also said that he trusts the guy saying ridley jigglypuff and falco (more specifically he said that japanese leaker is very credible and compared him to a "better than serebii like" leaker, i beleive he was the first one to say Mr. Lee roads (the ridley jigglypuff falcon leaker) was "as credible as serebii".
http://brawlcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4073&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=25
... Bingo.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
the english section is up and it does not look good for this rumor

Because "Act of making and playing by oneself" of informer
"ロードリー" came to light, this information is assumed to be a fake.
When he will not submit concrete evidence of these information in future,
We will report his IP address in Nintendo on the suspicion of
having diminished Nintendo and reader and trust of Nintendo Times greatly.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
the english section is up and it does not look good for this rumor

Because "Act of making and playing by oneself" of informer
"ロードリー" came to light, this information is assumed to be a fake.
When he will not submit concrete evidence of these information in future,
We will report his IP address in Nintendo on the suspicion of
having diminished Nintendo and reader and trust of Nintendo Times greatly.
It's hard to tell why exactly they're calling fake. Lack of evidence?

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Quoting this from someone at gamefaqs who asked a translator:

The article specifically warns that the information from this Roadley (or whatever you want to call him, but I'll refer to him as Rodley) character is a rumour. I don't know if this is trying to say something about his credibility, or is just a standard disclaimer.

In the spoiler section (the part where you highlight the text), it says that this information was found in the comments section of another article Apparently, this article was also dealing with information from Rodley. By the way, to clear up a misconception some people had, he claims that each PART of SSE takes about 45 minutes to an hour. And that's pretty much the only other interesting information from him in that article.

Something I noticed, however, is that in regards to the comment system, anyone can enter any name and say anything. Someone could easily claim to be Rodley and post a bunch of crap. But I'll assume that Rodley would have spoken up pretty quickly as soon as he found out someone was impersonating him.

Going back to the original article in question, he indeed says those 3 are playable characters, but says he wasn't able to get any pictorial evidence, which seems a tad fishy. Furthermore, he says that Falco is unlocked by surviving for 15 minutes in the 100 man Melee, which doesn't make a lot of sense. Perhaps it was a simple mistake and he meant to say multi instead of 100. Still, it seems a tad weird.

As for the follow up article pertaining to our friend Rodley, it basically confirms my theory that they only put the rumour disclaimer in articles about leaks from him just for the sake of not claiming it's official. This suggests they have a lot of faith in him, but can't claim it as fact until it's official.

Now, the most important question of all is: Who the hell is this Rodley anyway? Honestly, I have no definite answer, but I can try to give a rough idea on what this joker's game is.

From what I gather, he's just a guy who gives info. I don't think the comparisons to Serebii are totally apt. If anything, I'd say he's more like Surfer Girl* in the sense that he drops by every once in a while to spill a few beans. He's not like a super famous internet person or anything, but rather a fairly obscure guy who nonetheless has a reputation to keep.

Wii-Ds is a fairly respectable site (even more in Japan than Brawl Central, most likely) and they have quite a few articles which are based on the word of Rodley. He HAS to be more than some random nobody for them to pay this much attention to him

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Did you look into why they deconfirmed him? Is it only because he didn't want to give footage?

Top Bottom