• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3 move setup [39 damage]

Noraa

Smash Lord
I was in practice looking for convient set up for quick damage. I came up with D-throw>U-air>U-special. Of course it requires both jumps but its pretty quick. Does about 39% damage depending on which pikmin. If you already use this then sorry. Just something to share =]

Kabuto Mushi

Smash Journeyman
At 0%, won't most chars be throw too low from a Dthrow for you to go directly into an Uair? The Uair into UpB is always good though, I think we have Zori or someone to thanks for that discovery.

asob4

Smash Champion
d throw > up smash > up air (smash depending on character) > up air > up b

just the throw > smash > uair > uair is 43%

WhoseReality?

Smash Apprentice
yea this isn't in any way new, but it should be a staple of every Olimar's game. This thread could be a good recap of combos though. Check out NC-Echo's new videos against Snake (if not the others) - he executes a number of these, including some involving multiple grabs in succession.

Noraa

Smash Lord
Yea every olimar should use some type of set up with this. Also my mistake, its D-throw>U-smash>U-air>U-special. Only at low percentage though.

Any other set ups?

asob4

Smash Champion
on a lot of characters you can actually chain 2 dthrow's together at 0% for mind games. they'll be expecting an aerial so they'll air dodge right into another grab.
also at low percents, nair -> fair/bair works well
dthrow -> nair -> utilt -> possible ftilt/fsmash

Noraa

Smash Lord
I also found Dtilt->Utilt->Usmash is good and fast. The Dtilt puts the opponet right above you, good K.O. set up.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
yeh this isn't any new, but if some people just learned it, then great. :)

asob4

Smash Champion
i already knew all of these, as most are rather simple and effective
olimar is a combo machine

Top Bottom