• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3 More Characters, 2 or 3 More Stages?

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
It seems to be correct. I kind of doubt that it's the final DLC character wave, but probably penultimate. I'd expect one more wave after this and done.

Personal hope- Dixie, Squirtle & Ivysaur. I don't really care that much about Squirtle but it'd be BS (Though I'd happily accept it) if Ivy came back without Squirtle. But I know it's not likely- Dixie maybe. I actually kind of think so.

Realistic choices- Dixie, Shovel Knight, Wolf.

I think it's really telling that there's been a K Rool Mii Outfit but no Dixie hat/ponytail outfit. Nor has there been a Shovel Knight or Wolf Mii outfit, even though they seem like obvious choices to me. I feel kinda confident in these three as the newcomers. Though I'll be proven wrong soon, and that's fine.

As far as the stages... If it's two stages (And they're related to the characters), I'd pick Jungle Japes to come up from the 3DS as well as... I dunno, just some Shovel Knight stage. I didn't really like the game that much so I don't have a particular stage in mind. If it's three stages, then Venom from Melee as well for Wolf.

If unrelated to the characters, I'll still take Jungle Japes, but also Fourside & Brinstar 64. Would also not be terribly surprised by Subcon or a Kirby Rainbow Curse level.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
SH is kind of realistic becouse of The Amiibo.
Guess we'll be seeing Tom Nook, Blathers, Lottie, Chibi Robo and Yarn Yoshi too then.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
SH is kind of realistic becouse of The Amiibo.
The Shovel Knight amiibo is NOT affiliated with the Super Smash Bros. amiibo line though.

Anyway, because one of the DLC choices is the fighter bundle that gives players the first four DLC characters, that's kind of a foreshadowing that another fighter bundle could be made in the future.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I think you've mixed up your personal and realistic lists.
Nah. I don't really care that much about Shovel Knight. But from seeing everything I feel like he's pretty likely. Nintendo is doing a lot more for it than it does for other third parties.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I'm thinking we'll get as much DLC as the 3DS version can handle; whatever that is.

Last edited:

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
If this is real... Than are this my choices.

Characters:
-Isaac. Really popular character. Good moveset potentional. Newcomer from a new series.
-Dixie Kong. Popular, moveset potentional. Newcomer from a series who lacks characters.
-Wolf. Popular, returnee from Brawl, advertisement for Star Fox: Zero.
(but actually, I want Snake, Ice Climber(s), Chorus Men and Inkling too :( )

Stages:
-Venus Lighthouse to coincide with Isaac.
-Star Fox: Zero stage to coincide with Wolf and to promote Zero.
-Magicant swapped to Wii U, Onett swapped to 3DS. (personal bias :D)
(Actually I want a Rhythm Heaven stage instead of a Star Fox: Zero stage.)

And loads of Mii costumes.

But I hope they are going to make more than 3 characters and 2/3 stages.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I don't think there's really anyone (aside from a select few) they could add that I wouldn't be happy to purchase, but there are characters and stages they could add that I would like more than others.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I don't think there's really anyone (aside from a select few) they could add that I wouldn't be happy to purchase, but there are characters and stages they could add that I would like more than others.
There are some characters that I probably wouldn't buy. Like, if Pac-Man weren't already in the game and showed up as DLC, I'd avoid him like I'm avoiding his Amiibo lol

But I don't really care about Ryu and I still bought him so Idk lol. Lucas and Roy were the real treats that day

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
I don't know squat about coding, and next to nothing about programming...

So here is my uneducated speculation.

Considering Roy and Ryu, along with Dreamland 64 had music (and slots?) put in the game a patch before they were released... it does appear that developers like to build a foundation early before building on it next patch.. while It seems like they are avoiding leaks this time by giving it a name that doesn't give out hints. It seems like they like to surprise us day of release with stuff (I don't know why they do this instead of giving us a week of hype with everything, not just chosen pieces.)

It looks like we will have at least 3 new characters... I saw at least because:

1. Slots can be added whenever they feel like.

2. Smash is a primer franchise for Nintendo, and I suspect they can make money off of it for a long time, and thus will keep doing so.

As for who... if the Smash ballot is closing the top 3 (that they can get licensing for/are technologically viable) are probably getting the slots.

But as I said I know nothing about programming or the process games are made by... so I could be completely wrong.

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
Banjo & Kazooie. That is all.

But in all seriousness, if we were to get three characters and three stages, I would expect:
~ Banjo & Kazooie (because of Phil Spencer approving of the idea on Twitter)
~ Inkling (this would be a great marketing ploy on Nintendo's part)
~ Shovel Knight (game on Wii U, has great moveset potential, there is an Amiibo of him...)
• a Banjo Kazooie stage (possibly Mumbo's Mountain)
• Inkopolis (duh)
• a retro stage (hopefully New Pork City if it's Wii U exclusive)

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
There are some characters that I probably wouldn't buy. Like, if Pac-Man weren't already in the game and showed up as DLC, I'd avoid him like I'm avoiding his Amiibo lol

But I don't really care about Ryu and I still bought him so Idk lol. Lucas and Roy were the real treats that day
Yeah, there are certainly I wouldn't buy... some I don't wanna name since it might rile people up :p

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
I think two Klonoa Mii Fighter outfits are in order. Both would be compatible with all types of Mii Fighters (the Wind Ring is used as the arm cannon for the Mii Gunner, and a blade of wind extends from the gem on the Wind Ring for the Mii Swordfighter). One would be a full-on Klonoa costume with his tail and floppy ears, while the other would just be Klonoa's clothes. They'd probably be sold as one bundle.

I mean, Klonoa as an actual playable character would be cool to have and I can certainly see some moveset potential in the character, but at the very least I expect a Mii Fighter outfit since a Namco game isn't really a Namco game without at least one Klonoa cameo.

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
In all seriousness I think the most likely newcomer we'll get is Dixie Kong. She just makes sense. We need more female characters, we need more DK Country characters, and she'd be much easier to implement because they can copy paste Diddy Kong's existing code and tweak it to make Dixie. Way easier to do that than make a character like K. Rool from scratch.

I really hope they don't do this but I can see them making Dixie a Diddy clone of sorts to cut down on her development time. I can see them giving her similar moveset to Diddy, except for her specials. I suppose if it's up to having no character at all or getting a clone I'd be OK with a clone.

If we do get a character from scratch I think it will be the Inklings. Splatoon is Nintendo's big new, sucessful IP and it makes sense to promote it further in Smash.

But throwing out what's realistic, my wish list is -

1) King K Rool - We need more villians! And more DK country characters.
2) Geno - I love super mario RPG
3) Toad - Why has he not gotten into smash as a playable character yet? (other than being under peach's dress of course) He's a long time, popular Nintendo character. He's been in tons of games. He even has his own IP now with Toad Treasure Tracker. It makes sense.

Last edited:

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
In all seriousness I think the most likely newcomer we'll get is Dixie Kong. She just makes sense. We need more female characters, we need more DK Country characters, and she'd be much easier to implement because they can copy paste Diddy Kong's existing code and tweak it to make Dixie. Way easier to do that than make a character like K. Rool from scratch.

I really hope they don't do this but I can see them making Dixie a Diddy clone of sorts to cut down on her development time. I can see them giving her similar moveset to Diddy, except for her specials. I suppose if it's up to having no character at all or getting a clone I'd be OK with a clone.

If we do get a character from scratch I think it will be the Inklings. Splatoon is Nintendo's big new, sucessful IP and it makes sense to promote it further in Smash.

But throwing out what's realistic, my wish list is -

1) King K Rool - We need more villians! And more DK country characters.
2) Geno - I love super mario RPG
3) Toad - Why has he not gotten into smash as a playable character yet? (other than being under peach's dress of course) He's a long time, popular Nintendo character. He's been in tons of games. He even has his own IP now with Toad Treasure Tracker. It makes sense.
throwing away the real
1. Geno
2. Isaac
3. Snake

ExiaPilotDedede

Smash Apprentice
Why do people keep saying DK needs more characters? Two is plenty, and we don't need more female characters just because you want to write more dirty SSB fan fics. Fire Emblem is over represented tbh, and if we're going off IP representation, then knuckles would be fantastic.
Sadly I don't think Snake is coming back just because MG5 was a ps4 exclusive and that IP might have been taken back.

Zeth444

Smash Apprentice
Why do people keep saying DK needs more characters? Two is plenty, and we don't need more female characters just because you want to write more dirty SSB fan fics. Fire Emblem is over represented tbh, and if we're going off IP representation, then knuckles would be fantastic.
Sadly I don't think Snake is coming back just because MG5 was a ps4 exclusive and that IP might have been taken back.
Sonic isnt Nintendo's.
But I agree, DK doesnt NEED more characters, there are Nintendo IPs With only one character (ex: Pikmin, Villagers game,)
But of course DKs franchise is bigger then theirs, só... Big Franchise with only two games that would be hype to announce a DLC together with a new game.... ??...??
METROID

RANDOM_Stranger

Smash Cadet
On the veteran field. I do think Wolf will be joining. The new Star Fox game is closing in soo they maby want to "free" the wolf near the realese just to give people that "Oh, remember this character? Well there is this soon new game from the game serie he comes from".

I don't really think Pichu will join however. Maby, but I would rather see a another Pokémon to be honest. I don't think Pokèmon trainer will join. Unless, it isn't the Kanto starters he/she (if Pokémon trainer would ever come back, I think the skin will get the same treatment Robin and Wii Fit Trainer has) will show off. While thinking on it. It would be pretty rad if the Pokémon trainer had an entire team off 6 Pokémons. The team? Dunno!

On the possibly entirely new character. I'm very sure King K Rool will join. Popular here in west, popular in Japan. Not many villians, heavy weights on the rooster and we only have 2 DK rep, which isn't many compared to other series like Mario, Zelda, Pokémon, Fire Emblem etc. I know some series only have two or only one rep. But C'mon. This is a win win character.

I also think Shovel Knight has a possibility. I though the Shovel knight hype would get extinguished. But becaus he was a popular vote that even the japanese want a localisation on that game. Who knows?

What I wish will join is Bayonetta. I don't care what some off you are saying. I will support this character to join.

Last edited:

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
Inklings, Isaac and K.Rool. All my money it's going to be those three.

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to see King K Rool and Dr. Eggman... I wish it was a guideline to include iconic villians along with protagonists. (Definition of iconic could varry... but in both cases here they were huge enemies in multiple games.

Other than that... I'd like to get Ice Climbers back but between 3ds limitations and Wii U's 8 player smash (don't know if the Wii U could handle 16 characters at once.)... not sure it happens. Knuckels would be nice as well.

And my dream world... come to an agreement with Disney and give us Yoda

Last edited:

Gimmick

Smash Ace
I feel like people have a lot of unrealistic choices. While I may end up eating my words, I don't really see characters like Krystal, Lip, Mike Jones, Impa, Paper Mario, Sora, Simon Belmont, and whole slew of other third and first party characters making it in. I don't know. They just seem unrealistic at this point.

Realistic choices...
King K. Rool
Issac
Wolf
Rayman
Shantae

Other likely candidates...
Dixie Kong
Shovel Knight
Snake

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
I feel like people have a lot of unrealistic choices. While I may end up eating my words, I don't really see characters like Krystal, Lip, Mike Jones, Impa, Paper Mario, Sora, Simon Belmont, and whole slew of other third and first party characters making it in. I don't know. They just seem unrealistic at this point.

Realistic choices...
King K. Rool
Issac
Wolf
Rayman
Shantae

Other likely candidates...
Dixie Kong
Shovel Knight
Snake
But this is Sakurai we are talking about. And he is one inconsistent person.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
If this is true, which I'm hearing it is but I'm not jumping into conclusions at the moment until further evidence is proven, then this is what I'm hoping for.

The three characters.
1. Wolf (my number one priority)
2. Snake
3. ...I really don't care who else. The two I listed above are the only ones I'm interested in seeing.

The stages.
Eh, it would be nice if they bring back a Melee stage or two. I don't care which other stages they bring back, I'm still buying those nonetheless.

Top Bottom