• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3.6 STAGE UPDATES (12/9/2015)

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Hey @ MFMAXY MFMAXY Just curious, are you still updating stages? I found several today with camera issues and minor graphical problems in 3.6.

Jitters

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jitters
Man...trying to update my 3.5 build to 3.6 is proving to be a massive headache with all these new 'restrictions' .
I'm curious to find out what's the worse case scenario when trying to add old stages to 3.6 (from 3.0+) via replacing or stage expansion.
Just to save myself the trouble ahead of time.

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
I'm curious to find out what's the worse case scenario when trying to add old stages to 3.6 (from 3.0+) via replacing or stage expansion.
Old stages will work perfectly fine as long as you have the correct module file for them. It's just that stages from earlier versions of PM won't have updated collisions and such. But you shouldn't have to worry about an old stage crashing the game or anything like that.

MFMAXY

Smash Apprentice
I can start working on more stages as of next weekend, so keep post on' em! I might make a tutorial on how to fix old stages too

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Cool. I'll go hunt those stages down. I believe one had 2D elements appearing behind the characters when that didn't used to be the case? A couple of others just have really weird camera angles in PM3.6.

Rage83

Smash Ace
Stages updated so far:
snip
A trio of requests:

PM's old Dracula's Castle, The Luigi's Mansion skin for it, and SSE Jungle(the old Distant Planet, from before the reskin and updates).

jackal27

Smash Journeyman

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Here are a few stages with really wonky cameras that I've found. Maybe you can fix them? I was using them as alts with converted .rel files.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=204718
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=204909
If you happen to make a tutorial how to fix the camera, I'd love to do them myself.
You're probably using the wrong .rel file for brinstar, you need to convert a FD .rel for the proper camera, as it uses P:M's norfair, which uses FD as a base.
What's wrong with Yoshi's camera exactly?

Also, don't see why you didn't just post in my thread

Last edited:

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
You're probably using the wrong .rel file for brinstar, you need to convert a FD .rel for the proper camera, as it uses P:M's norfair, which uses FD as a base.
What's wrong with Yoshi's camera exactly?

Also, don't see why you didn't just post in my thread
Ah, sorry about that. Honestly I wasn't even looking at the author, just making a little list of stages that seemed to have wonky cameras for me. I guess two of them happened to be yours haha. I actually learned how to update the camera to 3.6 on my own so I seem to have fixed them for myself. Thank you for your help!

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Well Theytah updated the stage the day after the 3.6 beta was released, and the full 3.6 version didn't change anything to Pokemon Stadium 2, so I assume that it is safe for competitive play.
Did he actually update them though? iirc someone mentioned that he didn't actually change the stage files, he just updated the portraits or something. It works well enough in 3.6 for me to use, but I'm just unsure whether it's tournament viable for uptight people lol

EDIT: Also for those who are updating stages...can we please have a list of instructions on how to become self-sufficient in modding stages ourselves? Since I'm sure some of us have time and would be willing to step up and help if you all are busy, too

Last edited:

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Did he actually update them though? iirc someone mentioned that he didn't actually change the stage files, he just updated the portraits or something. It works well enough in 3.6 for me to use, but I'm just unsure whether it's tournament viable for uptight people lol

EDIT: Also for those who are updating stages...can we please have a list of instructions on how to become self-sufficient in modding stages ourselves? Since I'm sure some of us have time and would be willing to step up and help if you all are busy, too
I have learned a bit about updating to 3.6's camera. I simply export the STPM file from a 3.6 compatible stage of similar size and setup, then replace it STPM file in the incompatible stage with it. Not perfect, but it's worked for my needs so far and is an easy fix for a lot of stages.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
I have learned a bit about updating to 3.6's camera. I simply export the STPM file from a 3.6 compatible stage of similar size and setup, then replace it STPM file in the incompatible stage with it. Not perfect, but it's worked for my needs so far and is an easy fix for a lot of stages.
Wait...how would that fix the cameras? Aren't the cameras located in SceneData[XX]? iirc STPM only affected the stage position files stage parameters (whatever that is). Welp if it works that's good enough for me.

EDIT: Here's what I recall being the important things to change for 3.02 --> 3.5, although afaik this method doesn't seem to work as neatly with 3.6, since a lot of hte files are have been moved around so it's hard to figure out what to replace (e.g. Stage X may have 2-3 more cameras in 3.6 than in 3.02, or maybe STPM was moved or can't be found in 3.6, etc.):
  • In the up-to-date vanilla PM stage file, Ctrl+E to Extract the files STPM (now renamed Stage Parameters), all the SceneData[X] > AnmScene(NW4R) > Stg_____XX > Cameras(NW4R) > cameraX files, and ModelData[100] > 3DModels(NW4R) > stgPosition (not always found in 100, depending on the stage).
  • In the outdated custom PM stage file, Ctrl+R to Replace the appropriate files.

Last edited:

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Wait...how would that fix the cameras? Aren't the cameras located in SceneData[XX]? iirc STPM only affected the stage position files
Wait... Maybe I said the wrong file. It's been a few weeks since I've done it dangit. I must be thinking of export and then importing the Scene Data file. Is STPM used for lighting maybe?

Last edited:

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
Could you update one of these two stages:

Venus Lighthouse (golden sun)
Ganon's Tower: Inside (OOT)

Since the portrait assets are outdated i'd like these to be updated

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Will Dracula's Castle and Dracula's Castle (Luigi's Mansion) have updated Delfino's Secret platform movement and stage size? Because if so you are the BOSSEST of bosses.

Also, let me throw my favorite (previously) legal Pokemon Stadium 2 alt:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=36455

I love that now these older stages will be permanently balanced too since 3.6 is the final version. I wish more folks would come out and update their stages for all time.

Last edited:

MFMAXY

Smash Apprentice
Will Dracula's Castle and Dracula's Castle (Luigi's Mansion) have updated Delfino's Secret platform movement and stage size? Because if so you are the BOSSEST of bosses.

Also, let me throw my favorite (previously) legal Pokemon Stadium 2 alt:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=36455

I love that now these older stages will be permanently balanced too since 3.6 is the final version. I wish more folks would come out and update their stages for all time.
yes, that's my intention. both will go over delfino by default.

that's also my favorite Pokemon Stadium skin! I'll add that one in.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
yes, that's my intention. both will go over delfino by default.

that's also my favorite Pokemon Stadium skin! I'll add that one in.
Oh my goodness yes. I need that Luigi's Mansion over DS. Been missing PM Stadium too.

I'm still down to help but am unsure if I'd be missing anything while updating them. If it isn't too much trouble, I'll help if you write step-by-step instructions, or even just screenshots taken at different steps without an accompanied write-up (I know generally what to do so I can prob follow). If it differs per stage, you could just do one for battlefield and I could work through a bunch of those.

Top Bottom