• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3.6 STAGE UPDATES (12/9/2015)

42rockjock

Smash Cadet
That stage shouldn't need any updating, it wasn't wi-fi safe or tourney legal to begin with... Is the stage not working for you?
It works. I was just wondering if he could fix the camera so it would be similar to 3.6's. I taught that's what he meant by updating stages.

MFMAXY

Smash Apprentice
Would you be able to do this one as well? I'd do it myself but I'm not sure what animation files need to be moved in addition to the collision data (decided to use this alt instead of Gardenville). http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=8924
updated, its in the main post and the vault.

got a little sidetracked but I'm still working on the other requests. i have a particular idea floating around for ho-oh stadium.

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
updated, its in the main post and the vault.

got a little sidetracked but I'm still working on the other requests. i have a particular idea floating around for ho-oh stadium.
Wait, I have this stage in my 3.6b already. How exactly has it been updated? Also side note, why has there never been a night version of this gorgeous stage? :/

MFMAXY

Smash Apprentice
Wait, I have this stage in my 3.6b already. How exactly has it been updated? Also side note, why has there never been a night version of this gorgeous stage? :/
...you might have inspired me

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Figured I could save someone the trouble of scanning through all the battlefield skins on brawl vault. Including a bunch of super oldies and vBrawl textures. This is a ton, and I doubt I'll personally use all of them, but they're all the skins that I thought have potential to be requested at some point, in case you guys wanna work on them preemptively. Or not lol, all good.

PM 3.5:
*Battlefield?
*Grassland Battlefield
*Subspace Melee Battlefield
*Dimensional Field

PM 3.0 - 3.02:
*Daytime Eldin Battlefield
*Naked Battlefield
*Mountains Battlefield
*CastleArena
*Fine Weather Canyon

PM 2.6b:
*Battleskiff

PM 2.5:
*Icy Mountain Field
*Junglefield

vBrawl
*Lakefield (Miraj's)
*Tunnel Field

Not sure:
*Volcano BF
*Fantasy Field
*Iceberg Field
*Windmill Field
*Open Canyon Field
*Windmill Sky Battlefield
*Valley of the End Battlefield
*Cave Lake Battlefield

EDIT: didn't include some that looked ok because they either (1) used a custom shape that couldn't easily be retextured onto 3.6b's Battlefield, or (2) had background animations that would prob induce too much lag for tourney-legal builds (e.g. there was one with ho-oh flying in the bg that looked nice, but oh well).

Last edited:

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Alright I will. Is there a way to move the new PM Fire Emblem neutral stage to another ASL slot? I really don't want to lose that stage...
You're going to have to port it, I believe I already mentioned this, but Castle Siege is set up really weirdly. If you have Brawlbox, you'll have to export the modeldata, texturedata and scenedata from STGEMBLEM_00.pac, and the colldata[0], ef_StgEmblem, first stage parameters file, and the stageposition in (I believe) modeldata[30] from STGEMBLEM.pac. Then move them all over to say final destination, battlefield, skyworld, or, most easily, this.

EDIT: Also, forgot to mention, you will never be able to have both transforming Castle Siege and transforming Arena Ferox in your build, the method I was talking about earlier will make the transforming alt for Castle Seige really broken

Last edited:

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: Also, forgot to mention, you will never be able to have both transforming Castle Siege and transforming Arena Ferox in your build, the method I was talking about earlier will make the transforming alt for Castle Seige really broken
In that case could I just change transforming Castle Siege into Arena Ferox?

Last edited:

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
In that case could I just change transforming Castle Siege into Arena Ferox?
Yes, but that would break non transforming castle siege unless you turned it into a specially set up (meaning not the ones included in the download for arena ferox) non transforming Arena Ferox.

The problem is that it would load the collision data, among other things, from Arena Ferox in that case.

Last edited:

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Yes, but that would break non transforming castle siege unless you turned it into a specially set up (meaning not the ones included in the download for arena ferox) non transforming Arena Ferox.

The problem is that it would load the collision data, among other things, from Arena Ferox in that case.
Uuuuuuugh why didn't PMDT just make legal Castle Siege a Final Destination overlay? This is frustrating haha. Well, I guess I'll try to get it in there one way or the other.

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Uuuuuuugh why didn't PMDT just make legal Castle Siege a Final Destination overlay?
I would assume because they wanted it in the Castle Siege slot, which, as far as I've been able to find, is the one slot that doesn't like module porting.

Sandfall

Stage Designer
The new ASL code added support for multi .pac stages like Castle Siege and Lylat. Thus, Arena Ferox should work fine over the transforming Castle Siege's slot, just remember to add a "_Z" at the end of the file names.

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
The new ASL code added support for multi .pac stages like Castle Siege and Lylat. Thus, Arena Ferox should work fine over the transforming Castle Siege's slot, just remember to add a "_Z" at the end of the file names.
I'll give this a shot. It wouldn't work when I tried to add it as its own slot, but who knows. Maybe trying it over transforming Castle Siege would work. Thank you for the help!

EDIT: It worked! Thank you!! This stage is great too. Now I'm going to see if I can add standard Castle Siege as a 2nd alt. Might not work, but that's alright. Thanks again!

Last edited:

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
I finally got a chance to test out the converted Beachville, but the platform movementdoesn't seem to have been adjusted. Was it supposed to be? It was tweaked in 3.6.

Last edited:

MFMAXY

Smash Apprentice
I finally got a chance to test out the converted Beachville, but the platform movementdoesn't seem to have been adjusted. Was it supposed to be? It was tweaked in 3.6.
I replaced the modeldata and animations so it should be correct... I can check if it's messed up when I get back

Obskore

Smash Ace
hey, i didn't think i'd find a thread like this, but maybe that sums up every forum lol. i did manage to update Theytah's Rainbow Melee FD to 3.6ß but that was easier than everything in this thread seems to be.
anyways, the stages i'd suggest to be updated are the following:

Daytime Halberd!
Midair Pokémon Stadium!

and Subspace Melee BF / Dimensional Field, linked above by ECHOnce

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
yes, it uses a pallet sequence and a model it applies to, which i just ported respectively into a 3.6ß FD file, and slapped it into my build as an alt FD stage
Was FD touched at all in 3.6? There's nothing in the changelog, not even under the normalization section.

Obskore

Smash Ace
Was FD touched at all in 3.6? There's nothing in the changelog, not even under the normalization section.
well, there are undocumented changes, according to StrongBad (and other issues like ROB's unchanged stats). And furthermore, if you open 3.5 and 3.6 FD side by side on brawlbox, you'll find slight differences, so i just went with it

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
Huh. The more you know.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
well, there are undocumented changes, according to StrongBad (and other issues like ROB's unchanged stats). And furthermore, if you open 3.5 and 3.6 FD side by side on brawlbox, you'll find slight differences, so i just went with it
Mind uploading it? That'd be awesome!

So this might be out of the scope of this thread, but Metroid Lab from the netplay build seems a bit off compared to 3.6 Norfair. The platform definitely is a bit flatter vertically.

Obskore

Smash Ace
Mind uploading it? That'd be awesome!

So this might be out of the scope of this thread, but Metroid Lab from the netplay build seems a bit off compared to 3.6 Norfair. The platform definitely is a bit flatter vertically.
ok, so i just was getting on to uploading it and stuff, and decided to check the original mod's description to see who exactly i was gonna have to list in the credits... then it turns out that it has been updated (according to the "LAST EDITED" section) by Theytah himself... welp :v

[EDIT:] ok, it seems that the stage file isn't actually updated according to the files i got when i redownloaded it. anyways i did upload the one i made, here it is
and also the SSS Preview i made and currently use, for if you want to add it as an alt, PM Style

Last edited:

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
it was mentioned already, but I had this for the longest time and was my absolute favorite Battlefield Mod. it has also been in desperate need of an update. if someone could swoop in and make some legit SSS icons (including the special alternate Melee Battlefield pic thing for the menu) that would make me happier than a pig in **** lol. it's a gorgeous texture that has honestly not gotten enough attention since it's release.

the mulitman challenges are epic looking there haha

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=25678

Last edited:

Juken

Smash Ace
I think I need an update for the Vs. Bowser stage by Mewtwoo2000. I'm trying to get it as an alt stage for Bowser's castle in 3.6, but for some reason it's having super slippery floors like if it's made of ice. This is happening regardless of which .rel file I put in, but the ones from the download of the stage break the Bowser's Castle map, whereas the Bowser's Castle .rel file keeps that stage intact, but still has the issue of the slippery floors that all of the other .rel files have. The transformations and everything else seems to work fine though.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=30938

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
I think I need an update for the Vs. Bowser stage by Mewtwoo2000. I'm trying to get it as an alt stage for Bowser's castle in 3.6, but for some reason it's having super slippery floors like if it's made of ice. This is happening regardless of which .rel file I put in, but the ones from the download of the stage break the Bowser's Castle map, whereas the Bowser's Castle .rel file keeps that stage intact, but still has the issue of the slippery floors that all of the other .rel files have. The transformations and everything else seems to work fine though.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=30938
That shouldn't be an issue with 3.6 at all... What .rel are you using as a base that is breaking? Try converting an FD (Brawl) rel to a Mario Circuit rel with the rel converter. Then name it st_kart_(whatever letter you're using).rel. Also, what file are you using of the many in the download?

Top Bottom