• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3.6 Pit changes?

Stormfury12

Smash Cadet
NNID
Stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
What do you guys think should be altered for 3.6 Pit? Personally I'd like to see a tad bit more range on a few of his moves such as F-smash (it looks a little wonky in terms of hotbox). I think his up B should be given slightly more lift as well. Anyways what do you guys think will be changed about him in 3.6?

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
I'm hoping d-tilt is sped up by 2-3 frames, a lil more lift on Up B like you said

dude it's raining

Smash Journeyman
So true, I love everything about him right now except those 2 moves which seem to be such blatant nerfs. Dthrow, arrows, & glide all seem reasonable, but UpB and Dtilt seem like they got nerfed just as punishment for pit being op last version.

Last edited:

Scizor44

Smash Rookie
Up b and Dtilt are still usable thought, I mean a buff would be nice but I don't think this is the area that Pit NEEDS a change. Rather, they need to change his up smash and side smash, which don't even work half the time. If you guys can't figure out how to use dtilt, try using it to go for hard reads. You can get a massive combo on a spacie at above around 30% if you do grab > dtilt tech read and then a bunch of other stuff.

dude it's raining

Smash Journeyman
Up b and Dtilt are still usable thought, I mean a buff would be nice but I don't think this is the area that Pit NEEDS a change. Rather, they need to change his up smash and side smash, which don't even work half the time. If you guys can't figure out how to use dtilt, try using it to go for hard reads. You can get a massive combo on a spacie at above around 30% if you do grab > dtilt tech read and then a bunch of other stuff.
It's just not a good move in neutral anymore. In pushing pit's metagame, I'd like to try to replace situations where you make a hard read and instead do something optimal.

DrugsM2

Smash Apprentice
Are you referring to the times when the first hit will connect but not lead them into the other 2 hits on usmash? I honestly think thats just from people holding down and ive actually never had an issue of that happening from the front unless they were CCing or so small they fall out of it. The start up hitbox on the back is yes pretty weak and doesent lead most smaller characters in but i think itd be a bit rediculous if it did, an arcing 7 frame usmash that multihits and covers the front AND back of pit well? Thats just turning an already good move into something rediculous.

Pit's up-b length is my main issue at the moment, dealing with meteors is a nightmare because of having to time my jump input instead of being able to spam up-b because youll die from the initial hitstun with how short it is. Dtilt i never got to experience the 3.0 version of, i do agree its slow and honestly a bit unusable at the moment because of how slow it is so a 2-3 frame faster start up i feel wouldnt be overboard and is kind of needed. I use dsmash alot which i will assume is basically the CC replacement for dtilt at the moment, its fast, pit leans forward into it, it edgeguards extemely well, and it breaks CC very well. If dsmash didnt exist id say pit is awful and id blame dtilt entirely but there does seem an alternative, just not sold on the idea of dsmash overshadowing dtilt in every aspect besides the sweetspot meteor.

The change id like to see to pit is mostly with his grounded and aerial arrows, I would like to see more differentiation in there purposes such as: Grounded arrows causing more percent damage with a longer window to charge so that if you do shoot a fully charged grounded arrow its a real threat.
Aerial arrows seem to be in a pretty good place honestly, they just outshine the grounded version without any real drawback. The only time i ever use them is when i do Sh arrow, release right before the ground to cancel the release animation and then immediately fire a grounded arrow to follow up.

I will say that grounded up-b on pit is under-rated, Dtilt>up-b does 34% on its own if all hits connect which isnt terribly difficult

Also i may be asking for a bit much with this but id like for fsmash 1 to break CC at an earlier percent because of how easy it is for some characters to literally ignore getting hit by an fsmash at 90% or so just by holding down and hitting dtilt to interrupt the second hit, or even shielding in time. Ive basically had to resort to mix ups like fsmash 1>fsmash 2, fsmash 1>fsmash 1>fsmash 2 or altering the timing of the second hit to catch an oos option in order to get this move to land on people who hold down, which i find a bit rediculous, no character should have the kill moves completely ignored by CC's at high percents and the same goes for pits usmash to an extent

Last edited:

dude it's raining

Smash Journeyman
The change id like to see to pit is mostly with his grounded and aerial arrows, I would like to see more differentiation in there purposes such as: Grounded arrows causing more percent damage with a longer window to charge so that if you do shoot a fully charged grounded arrow its a real threat.
Aerial arrows seem to be in a pretty good place honestly, they just outshine the grounded version without any real drawback. The only time i ever use them is when i do Sh arrow, release right before the ground to cancel the release animation and then immediately fire a grounded arrow to follow up.

I will say that grounded up-b on pit is under-rated, Dtilt>up-b does 34% on its own if all hits connect which isnt terribly difficult
From doing pit frame data, the only specialization I can find for arrows is that I think straight arrows release 1 frame sooner. Vertical arrows have sooner IASA, but those frames equal the extra frames it takes to change direction. I'm not 100% sure about aerial vs grounded, will check in debug mode in the near future.

Grounded UpB is so good.

oathkeeper005

Smash Cadet
NNID
Oath_X
Brink back 3.02 Pit (I can wish cant I?)

Main things I want to see:
Dtilt to come out faster.
Jump out of Glide = Pits Last Unused Jump, not his weakest jump every time (While Still loosing all other jumps)
ANY Neutral game improvement.

I still love playing Pit, but Im finding him much harder to work with in 3.5 then my other characters and some small well placed Buffs would go a long way.

Last edited:

dude it's raining

Smash Journeyman
Brink back 3.02 Pit (I can wish cant I?)

Main things I want to see:
Dtilt to come out faster.
Jump out of Glide = Pits Last Unused Jump, not his weakest jump every time (While Still loosing all other jumps)
ANY Neutral game improvement.

I still love playing Pit, but Im finding him much harder to work with in 3.5 then my other characters and some small well placed Buffs would go a long way.
I think either faster dtilt or sooner iasa, but not both slow startup and cooldown.
Perfectly angled wavedashes make his neutral a lot better.
And Dair tech chasing is too good, probly better than chaingrabbing.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
- Fix dtilt back to 3.02 status or somewhere in that neighborhood of speed.
- Fix fsmash so both hits properly connect/the first swing isn't a massive "crouch on me" sign in neon lights

That's literally it. I co-main Marth and Pit and I immediately felt that while some of his changes from 3.02 to 3.5 were coming and were actually handled well enough (WoI jumps because his recovery was quite honestly more busted than his offense for his archetype, those monstrous but simple touch of deaths off of nearly any down throw/fair/uair [even if I do feel like the new fair is wonky at times], hitstun and cool down frames on Palutena's Bow), the nerfs to his dtilt were going into over nerf territory.

On a side note, I'm curious though, just to mildly entertain the notion, would anyone be upset if Pit's f-tilt got changed to be that scissor chop thing he does in Smash 4 or some new thing altogether?

DrugsM2

Smash Apprentice
- Fix dtilt back to 3.02 status or somewhere in that neighborhood of speed.
- Fix fsmash so both hits properly connect/the first swing isn't a massive "crouch on me" sign in neon lights

That's literally it. I co-main Marth and Pit and I immediately felt that while some of his changes from 3.02 to 3.5 were coming and were actually handled well enough (WoI jumps because his recovery was quite honestly more busted than his offense for his archetype, those monstrous but simple touch of deaths off of nearly any down throw/fair/uair [even if I do feel like the new fair is wonky at times], hitstun and cool down frames on Palutena's Bow), the nerfs to his dtilt were going into over nerf territory.

On a side note, I'm curious though, just to mildly entertain the notion, would anyone be upset if Pit's f-tilt got changed to be that scissor chop thing he does in Smash 4 or some new thing altogether?
pits ftilt and fair are his main spacing tools for me and i really like how he leans into it right now so i actually would lol, i basically agree 100% on what needs to be changed aswell, but i was thinking recently that jab should be moved from a frame 5 start up to possibly frame 4, maybe only increasing the speed of dtilt to frame 9 or so to compensate

From doing pit frame data, the only specialization I can find for arrows is that I think straight arrows release 1 frame sooner. Vertical arrows have sooner IASA, but those frames equal the extra frames it takes to change direction. I'm not 100% sure about aerial vs grounded, will check in debug mode in the near future.

Grounded UpB is so good.
i also figured out that you can do jump input>arrow input>hold up and pit will start his arrow animation holding up without ever needing to change the direction so upwards arrows are for sure faster if you can get this down (i cant do it SHing consistently so i do it with full hops)

Last edited:

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
Hey what do you guys think about Pit being able to aim arrows downward from the air. Solid buff or would that be broken?

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
If the hitboxes were adjusted along with the animation, this would be a buff and I would love that.

Hey what do you guys think about Pit being able to aim arrows downward from the air. Solid buff or would that be broken?
I'd like it, but it would near guarantee him a safe fall to the stage.

Plus, it would do nothing but help people you're trying to edgeguard get back onstage.

My hopeful changes have already been addressed in this thread though, so I more or less have nothing to add. F-smash needs fixing, d-tilt is poopy, up-b hitboxes are weird. That's it, character's solid after that.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
**** no, glide provides enough options as it is already.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Hey I saw this post on reddit where someone said Pit should get some kind of crazy buff like a command grab out of his glide. Lol opinions??

Edit:here's the reddit post lol
http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/35eqrm/35_pit/
Absolutely NOT.

I love this character's gameplay design, but he teeters so finely between being completely busted and completely jank that I'd advise against any large scale changes to his move set like this.

Still want that Smash 4 f-tilt doe. TriHard

redcometchar

Smash Journeyman
Command grab out of glide would be so much fun.

On a serious note f smash is super wonky and dilt is super slow. I agree with the others in that These moves should be the focus of future changes, however I dont think that the nature of these moves should be changed. Maybe just ever so slight changes.
I also think pit, as it stands now pit has one of the best recoveries in the game. An up b change would be unnessicary.

3.5 pit is awseome.

Last edited:

Limbose

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0748-3141-7837
Command grab out of glide would be too much. It would be a ton of fun, but crazy. He's got enough options already.
F-smash should connect into the 2nd hit a little easier or maybe you should be able to delay it a bit via... Charging the second hit? I just thought of that. That might be kinda baller. Holding down the attack button lets you charge each hit independently, so if they're knocked a little higher, you can charge the 2nd hit for when the fall down. That would actually be awesome. Would need to be tested to see if it would be too strong though. Upon first thought, sounds fine.
Dtilt should be sped up a little bit, but no more than 3-4 frames. It's about a 5/10 right now, would be nice to be a 6 or 7. Functions well as a techchase move or something of the sort, but it's a bit too slow to use as a CC combo breaker kind of deal.
Not necessarily needed, but to be able to shoot arrows downward while midair would be cool.

Last edited:

AceGamer

Smash Journeyman
The 2nd hit of Fsmash being chargeable would be sick. It could be pretty good for mind games like baiting, the only problem I see with it is that it might not be technically possible. I mean Smash attacks have had 2 parts before but it still counted as 1 move overall so you could only charge it at the start but hey if they could pull it off somehow it would be great

ForgottenLabRat

Smash Journeyman
I think he is almost perfect where he is. I only thing I would add is to speed him up just a tad, like more aerial mobility, jump speed, dash speed, just a tad though so he can be offensive. I find that when I am playing Pit my approaches are very televised and can be shut down easily, but I am a little new to this character so I might just not be doing his neutral game correctly.

Limbose

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0748-3141-7837
I feel like his glide speed would be nice to have back at 3.02 levels, but considering 3.6, he's in a fair place right now.

Top Bottom