• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3.6 Alternate Stage Speculation!

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
What was mush kingdom 3? I don't remember it... :c
It was the one with talk off edges, and it had breakable blocks in the middle, and the platforms that work like scales from the first mush kingdom. I mostly want it for nostalgic reasons. It wasn't the best stage in the world lol. Though with some tweaking it could become a better stage

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
Why do Jungle Japes and Kongo Jungle 64 have separate slots? Even if they're adding Melee Kongo Jungle, wouldn't it make sense to give that its own slot instead?

Last edited:

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
Why do Jungle Japes and Kongo Jungle 64 have separate slots? Even if they're adding Melee Kongo Jungle, wouldn't it make sense to give that its own slot instead?
Kongo Jungle 64 is going to get an HD remake eventually. When it does the 64 version of the stage will likely be its alternate.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Excuse me if this has been answered already, but how will My Music work with the new stage system? Will there be customization for each alternate stage, will alternate stages share songs, will some alternate stages share songs, or something else?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Excuse me if this has been answered already, but how will My Music work with the new stage system? Will there be customization for each alternate stage, will alternate stages share songs, will some alternate stages share songs, or something else?
Stages with alts share the same music slot.

flintconfirmed

Smash Apprentice
Beachville would be dope as an alternate though.

I'm so hype for this I'm going to add it now.

It was the one with talk off edges, and it had breakable blocks in the middle, and the platforms that work like scales from the first mush kingdom. I mostly want it for nostalgic reasons. It wasn't the best stage in the world lol. Though with some tweaking it could become a better stage
Oh, i remember that one now. Melee didn't give it a number of and passed it off as a revised mush king 1. I like the stages, but i like subcon better. If i ever learn how to make stages I'd like to reappropriate it for competitive play.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
i have a version of that making it much better. it still has walkoff edges but i improved on the middle part of the stage

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Why, WHY is Melee Battlefield an alt for Brawl Battlefield instead of it being vice versa? Melee Battlefield is obviously going to be the preferred stage and this is Project Melee right, so it would only make sense for Brawl Battlefield to be the alt...

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
Why, WHY is Melee Battlefield an alt for Brawl Battlefield instead of it being vice versa? Melee Battlefield is obviously going to be the preferred stage and this is Project Melee right, so it would only make sense for Brawl Battlefield to be the alt...
You say that like it's so much extra work to hold L to load the alternate skin.

But honestly? I much prefer Brawl's BF. Not to mention Melee's FD is the standard there. We have enough Melee representation as is.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
You say that like it's so much extra work to hold L to load the alternate skin.

But honestly? I much prefer Brawl's BF. Not to mention Melee's FD is the standard there. We have enough Melee representation as is.
It's basically the equivalent of Melee FD being an alt for Brawl FD, it just makes so much more sense for it to be the default and the old versions being an option. The new stuff should just be the default, Y'know?

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
As much as I like retro stages, I hope at some point all the stages that are repeated in multiple smash games (Melee Kongo, Brinstar, 64 Kongo Jungle) get removed for potentially better stages. I could see 64 Kongo being removed for, say, a Golden Sun stage.

Here's what I'm hoping for though besides ones that are confirmed and besides original version of HD stages (MC, DL, PC, HC):

Castle Siege:
- Normal selection - First transformation only
- Alternate selection - All transformations

Bowser's Castle:
- Normal - Version with thwomps
- Alternate - no thwomps?

Final Destination
- Normal - Melee FD
- Alt - Brawl FD

Smashville
- Alt - KK Slider performance and/or different seasons

Norfair
THIS:

Shadow Moses Island

64/Melee Kongo Jungle - Honestly I want these stages to go since they're in Melee, Brawl/PM, and/or Smash 4. But I guess putting them together in one slot wouldn't be so bad.

Fourside and Onett - I don't care if NPC goes over one of these, just give the other stage a GOOD alt. I don't care if it's neutral fourside, neutral New Pork, or whatever. We desperately need a good Mother stage though.

Big Blue and Port Town - Same thing pretty much as the last two. I hope at least one of them gets an "alpha" version and another one gets Mute City or something.

Temple: Skyloft?

Pirate ship - No idea because I hate this stage.

Halberd - either the ship version of Halberd or the flying version.

Training Room - Training room with platforms? Or a battlefield-like training room.

Rumble Falls - Jungle Hijinx (not the Smash 4 version but the one on Brawl vault) or Brawl RF

Frigate Orpheon - The only acceptable alt is

(It doesn't transform)

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Actually, I'd love if they did an HD remake of Kongo Jungle with this sort of theme:

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
As much as I like retro stages, I hope at some point all the stages that are repeated in multiple smash games (Melee Kongo, Brinstar, 64 Kongo Jungle) get removed for potentially better stages. I could see 64 Kongo being removed for, say, a Golden Sun stage.

Here's what I'm hoping for though besides ones that are confirmed and besides original version of HD stages (MC, DL, PC, HC):

Castle Siege:
- Normal selection - First transformation only
- Alternate selection - All transformations

Bowser's Castle:
- Normal - Version with thwomps
- Alternate - no thwomps?

Final Destination
- Normal - Melee FD
- Alt - Brawl FD

Smashville
- Alt - KK Slider performance and/or different seasons

Norfair
THIS:

Shadow Moses Island

64/Melee Kongo Jungle - Honestly I want these stages to go since they're in Melee, Brawl/PM, and/or Smash 4. But I guess putting them together in one slot wouldn't be so bad.

Fourside and Onett - I don't care if NPC goes over one of these, just give the other stage a GOOD alt. I don't care if it's neutral fourside, neutral New Pork, or whatever. We desperately need a good Mother stage though.

Big Blue and Port Town - Same thing pretty much as the last two. I hope at least one of them gets an "alpha" version and another one gets Mute City or something.

Temple: Skyloft?

Pirate ship - No idea because I hate this stage.

Halberd - either the ship version of Halberd or the flying version.

Training Room - Training room with platforms? Or a battlefield-like training room.

Rumble Falls - Jungle Hijinx (not the Smash 4 version but the one on Brawl vault) or Brawl RF

Frigate Orpheon - The only acceptable alt is

(It doesn't transform)
No sense in removing any stages when they don't really have to worry about stage limitations anymore. There's no reason they can't make new stages just because old stages are around.

Top Bottom