• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3.5 Sonic alt costume ideas.

Dustiletto

Smash Cadet
NNID
greasyitalian
3DS FC
3411-1534-9274
With the arrival of Project M 3.5 coming.. sometime. And a bunch of characters now receiving Alt Costumes such a Snake, Ganondorf, Ike, Samus, Pit, Lucario, etc. How would you feel about Sonic getting an alt, and if so, what would you like it to be?

I myself would adore some form of Classic or Metal Sonic.

Last edited:

mtmaster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mtmaster_2k7
3DS FC
0645-7185-4095
Shadow is basically a must as an alt costume.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Guys the alternate costume has to be the same character in a new costume they've appeared in, or inspired by something. As such, we have Silver and Shadow inspired alts of Sonic(and I think Ray the Flying Squirrel? Or maybe it's just Tails, I dunno).

A real, tangible alt would be his SA2 spacesuit costume or Darkspine Sonic.

mtmaster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mtmaster_2k7
3DS FC
0645-7185-4095
Guys the alternate costume has to be the same character in a new costume they've appeared in, or inspired by something. As such, we have Silver and Shadow inspired alts of Sonic(and I think Ray the Flying Squirrel? Or maybe it's just Tails, I dunno).

A real, tangible alt would be his SA2 spacesuit costume or Darkspine Sonic.
I suppose your right, I was just saying IF they really wanted to, and yeah I'm probably being biased here. It wouldn't be conceivably that hard to make alts of say Shadow or Silver because they are basically the same their spikes are just slightly different. Although yeah we technically have those already as I do remember seeing the images of the Silver and Shadow inspired constumes, but you know what I mean :p.

Misinko

Smash Cadet
If Silver or Shadow were to make an appearance in Project M, I'd much rather they be separate characters. Relegating them to just being alternate skins of Sonic doesn't do either of the characters any justice. Especially in Silver's case, all three hedgehogs have their own moves and skillsets that wouldn't be given proper justice with the clone engine. Same with Tails or Knuckles.

Although if Sonic were to gain an alt. costume in Project M, I'd want him to have a classic model, similar to the mock up people were passing around for Smash 4, or make Scourge from the Archie Comics his alt. costume.

mtmaster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mtmaster_2k7
3DS FC
0645-7185-4095
If Silver or Shadow were to make an appearance in Project M, I'd much rather they be separate characters. Relegating them to just being alternate skins of Sonic doesn't do either of the characters any justice. Especially in Silver's case, all three hedgehogs have their own moves and skillsets that wouldn't be given proper justice with the clone engine. Same with Tails or Knuckles.

Although if Sonic were to gain an alt. costume in Project M, I'd want him to have a classic model, similar to the mock up people were passing around for Smash 4, or make Scourge from the Archie Comics his alt. costume.
I actually agree with in that respect I would much rather have a Sonic character be a clone engine character than an alt costume, but I feel like the chances of that are very slim.

Sorry:(

Smash Apprentice
I like using alternate costumes to include sonic characters without using the remaining character slots. I think however sonic's alternate costumes should be as detailed as the Doctor Mario costume is for Mario.

Doctor Mario has pills and a different forward smash animation and his own taunts, probably more. I think the shadow costume's dash animation should have him skating on those shoe things. The tails costume dash animation should be tails running while propelling him self forward with his tails. I'm sure there are a few ways to do right by these characters in sonic's alternate costumes.

Little things like that are the type of fan service I really enjoy. It does the characters justice. I don't see why the alternate costumes have to resemble sonic so much as long as the animations are similar and the hit-boxes are the same.

Top Bottom