• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(3.5 Nerf) ALWAYS BAN LYLAT

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Ledges in general got harder to sweetspot, recovering on Lylat is now a nightmare for us. I QD'd into the ledge with excess charge and just slid under the stage. Similar story with Aether. Lylat bones our recovery so hard it makes it not worth the free Utilt platform traps.

RomanCenturionX

Smash Cadet
I played against a my friend who is a Shiek on Lylat yesterday and I didn't have any trouble sweet spotting, he wasn't very good though so that may have something to do with it.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
I will admit it may not be as bad as I am making it out to be lol, Lylat is definitely not auto-loss for Ike or anything and I still love those damned platforms.

The ledges are really unforgiving now. Aether is not a safe recovery for smart players and it is much, much harder - and riskier! - to be safe on Lylat than on other stages.

King, if you feel confident enough on-stage to take spacies there, go for it, but do bear in mind that Ike's recovery *will* be more exposed than it already is. And never let a Marth take you there, for certain.

Genbu

Smash Rookie
I'm more concerned about Ike's QD not being able to be activated with the a button, but yes it was hell trying to sweetspot the ledge on Lylat

D

Deleted member

i feel like the sides of lylat exacerbate ike's difficulty dealing with low crouches since all of his moves start high and end low. i would probably want to ban lylat in a bunch of MUs anyway.

CosmicFuzz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Masterphailure
3DS FC
4511-1602-4990
I noticed missing the ledge with both QD and Falco's Illusion on Lylat yesterday. I always had a slight problem with grabbing the ledge before on Lylat so this new sweetspot change isn't going to be helping me.

Top Bottom