• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3.5 Bowser Bomb Sliding

GoblinGamerKid

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gobbblin
3DS FC
3738-0091-4970
OK well I have not done too much testing on this yet, but I feel it could be of importance.

So Bowser in 3.5 can now waveland and its of extreme use now, he can use all his aerials out of it and its just so good.
But what my point is here is that Bowser can now waveland off the platforms of Battlefield then (making sure he slides off the platform) Down B and he will slide off a pretty good distance with it and still hit the ground with his down b,depending on how good your waveland and timing of the down b was you'll get a better distance.

I have managed to go a few different distances with this, my best being from one BF platform to the middle of the opposite one. I've also had smaller ones such as barely reaching the tip of the other platform or landing middle stage which IS the most common mistake in this. Believe me there are more distances to this than just landing middle stage.

NOTE: This is actually a bit hard too do, I find I been doing it a little more when I'm facing backwards from the way im about to waveland, it also may or may not help when holding down once you go off with the down b almost like a fastfall motion

Other small things with 3.5 Bowser
-Bowser can full hop nair,fair,uair,bair and then wavedash out of it.
-Fullhop any aerial except for dair, then flame breath is a thing.
-Jumpsquat animation is now 6 frames instead of 8.

Last edited:

Rags

Smash Ace
Bowser's waveland = pandora's box. From it on platform you and WL > Klaw dash, flame cancel, ftilt, fair... it's sooooo gooooodd...!

of course I could be exaggerating.

Rags

Smash Ace
the timing on what you mentioned seems kinda strict, or maybe I'm doin git wrong (taunt cancel timing)

GoblinGamerKid

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gobbblin
3DS FC
3738-0091-4970
the timing on what you mentioned seems kinda strict, or maybe I'm doin git wrong (taunt cancel timing)
Yeah I'm still messing around with the timing of it. I been able to do it atleast a good 20 times today but, whenever I did get it right It wasn't like I planned it out or anything, just sorta happens.
It's also possible to WL from one side of a platform to the other -> boost klaw back the way you came.
Odds, I really kinda like to think of this down b thing im doing comparable to your oddklaw except with down b, thats pretty much the correct result from it, weird and hard timing though, plus only goes forward.

Xanthyr

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying to comprehend what you're actually doing with this. It seems like you're wavelanding, waiting until you almost hit the ground, then down-B which carries your moment, so you're sliding on the stage, then actually land with the hitbox underneath the edge of the Battlefield platform. I tried for a little bit and only really got to passed center stage, underneath the edge of the opposing platform like you said. During this time you're really vulnerable, and I'm not getting a different distance from 3.02's waveland bomb slide. Only thing I can think of is edgeguarding or sometimes mixing up a grab by stalling on top of the opponent.

Perhaps I'm not wavelanding properly? I'd like to see a gfycat or video of you doing this, because it seems to be the same result regardless of version.

Top Bottom